Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 30, 2014, 03:32:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327815 Posts in 13420 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Xenogears Hyper Low-Level Challenge
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Xenogears Hyper Low-Level Challenge  (Read 242 times)
The Legendary Zoltan
Narcissistic Legend

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: March 14, 2014, 08:25:21 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5wC6...YCgfPXR9VItNHg

I'm playing through Xenogears under a set of self-imposed rules that I believe have not been observed before. The goal is to beat the game without fighting a single random battle. If you just want to hurry up and see what I mean, then click the link at the top.

The Challenges
*My character stats will suffer due to being a low level.
*Some gear (mech) stats will also suffer because they are tied to those of the character. Specifically, Ether Attack, Ether Defense, Hit%, and Evasion
*I will not have many abilities or deathblows at my disposal.
*I will not have much gold for buying armor and more importantly for upgrading gears.

What Could Possibly Be Fun About This?
I'm expecting some very edge-of-your-seat boss battles during this playthrough. My hope is that there will be lots of moments where I have only one turn left to win the battle before being destroyed. The scenario of encountering an absolutely unbeatable boss under these conditions is plausible. It should be fun to see if that happens.

Check it out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5wC6...YCgfPXR9VItNHg

LINK398

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 11:12:26 PM »

I've had that problem while playing normally through games where one turn is the difference between a game over and beating the boss. As far as Xenogears the game I havent played it yet although I do have it. I have to beat Suikoden II first since im in the middle of that game and stopped to play Panzer Dragoon Saga and Shining Force III and some other Sega Saturn games but looking forward to that one the game seems great
Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 12:07:56 AM »

Ooh, you're going to have some trouble with that. The game is hard enough with level grinding.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: