Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 12:29:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327303 Posts in 13402 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Yggdra Union help! Maxed-out cards?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Yggdra Union help! Maxed-out cards?  (Read 292 times)
greg

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« on: March 15, 2014, 10:17:09 PM »

So I got stumped with Yggdra Union close to a year ago on the very challenging level 39. Baldus the knight was blocking my path and I could not get past him. He was like an unbreachable wall. Even when I won, if I did not have enough surviving units, his morale would remain unscathed (or close to it). I tried occasionally to get past this level, but I would just give up. I haven't been playing a lot of video games in the past year, and I would just come back to this game on occasion and get frustrated every time.

Then I noticed that two of my cards, Revolution and Mind Change, had been maxed out to level 9999 each. I am not sure how this happened, because I wasn't playing them all that much (I don't think). Compared to the other cards, most of them are only at level 3000 or so at the most. How the heck did I max out these two cards? Did I somehow unlock some secret to the game? I just played Mind Change against Baldus this morning and I totally plowed through him and beat the level easily.

Elegance

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 11:48:12 PM »

Interesting, I haven't heard about this before.  Is this the GBA or PSP version?
greg

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 08:21:01 AM »

It's the GBA version. I forgot to mention that. Maybe I was leveling up those two cards with tons of wins all along and I never paid attention. I don't know. I wasn't keeping close track of the card power points really. With a seemingly simple-looking game, there are a lot of things to keep track of.

TiamatNM

tiagol@live.com CursedTiamat
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 01:36:04 PM »

you have 9999 power on those 2 cards?  that's odd, I've never maxed any cards

Baldus is a lance type why not just use Milanor and use steal on him to steal his equipment and make him suck?  or you could use that gravity chaos move with milanor and break his face.  Of course, if you get him to 1 morale and it says "protect!" that means you aren't supposed to beat him and can't.  can't remember what battle 39 is
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2014, 05:55:39 PM »

Yggdra Union was one of those games that looked soooo appealing to me until I gave it a try to see if I actually wanted to play it. The game was so freakin' unintuitive it turned me off completely within a few hours and I never went back.

I had the same experience with each Dept. Heaven title. Every time I saw one pop up for the PSP I said "wow, right up my alley!!" until I played it. Even Gungnir, which I bought day 1 because I'm a sucker for tactics-esque SRPG's didn't hold my attention.

I think I may need to someday re-assess em with a more open mind.

In any event (and completely off topic)... @Greg/ The site linked to your signature is AWESOME buddy! Welcome to RPGFan (yes I know this message would have been more appropriate elsewhere or as a PM but I wanted everyone else to see my exclamatory reaction for Greg's love of yesteryear's lost import games and check it out)

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
TiamatNM

tiagol@live.com CursedTiamat
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2014, 09:40:50 PM »

The series is rather polarizing.  Might be over for all I know.  Sting seems to just work with IF/Compile Heart nowadays
greg

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2014, 10:12:23 AM »

you have 9999 power on those 2 cards?  that's odd, I've never maxed any cards

Baldus is a lance type why not just use Milanor and use steal on him to steal his equipment and make him suck?  or you could use that gravity chaos move with milanor and break his face.  Of course, if you get him to 1 morale and it says "protect!" that means you aren't supposed to beat him and can't.  can't remember what battle 39 is
Yes, that's what is weird about the 9999 thing. I must've unlocked something, somehow for that to happen. None of the other cards are even close to being maxed out. As for the two things you mentioned about Milanor, Baldus was too strong. Steal wouldn't work, and neither would Gravity Chaos cause any spell effect on him.

In any event (and completely off topic)... @Greg/ The site linked to your signature is AWESOME buddy! Welcome to RPGFan (yes I know this message would have been more appropriate elsewhere or as a PM but I wanted everyone else to see my exclamatory reaction for Greg's love of yesteryear's lost import games and check it out)
Thanks! I am glad you clicked the link. I really haven't spent much time on my SFC site in the past few years. Last year I started doing a few reviews, but I never finished them. I'm the one behind the "100 Super Famicom games in 10 minutes" videos on YouTube. I was busy making such videos and got out of the habit of writing game reviews for the SFC site. It's been around for at least 15 years now.

I'm not really new here. I just don't visit here much. I spend more time on plastic modeling and anime forums. Nevertheless, thanks for the welcome!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: