Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 28, 2014, 09:26:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338770 Posts in 13865 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1  (Read 851 times)
solidbatman
Zetsubou Sensei

The real me exists on the internet!

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« on: March 25, 2014, 01:33:51 PM »

The game is a remake of the mediocre to downright bad Hyperdimension Neptunia using the battle system from the good to medicore Hyperdimension Neptunia V. Also has new events and what not. It has been out in Japan for a while but today, Idea Factory has said it will be bringing it to the west (NA and Europe) this Summer under the Idea Factory International label.

Siliconera also reporting it now

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 01:35:20 PM »

...yay for another subpar but cool-gaming-reference RPG game??

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
solidbatman
Zetsubou Sensei

The real me exists on the internet!

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 01:40:28 PM »

...yay for another subpar but cool-gaming-reference RPG game??

I played, and enjoyed mk2. I gave it a 6/10 though. These games aren't great, but it was fun to come home from work and just relax to it without having to worry about complex stories or crazy bosses. The battle system of mk2 and V runs smoothly and is pretty fun.

Also, the logo:

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 01:44:43 PM »

I don't suppose the remake includes the $90 worth of DLC the game eventually had?
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 01:51:51 PM »

These games have always been strangely popular in the west despite being kind of mediocre so this shouldn't be too surprising.  Of course it's interesting to see IF International doing it instead of NISA, but ever since they announced IF International I've been expecting something like this.  I mean, why wouldn't they localize their own games?

I don't suppose the remake includes the $90 worth of DLC the game eventually had?

I'm honestly not sure about all that's in Re;Birth but it's a pretty drastic remake with a lot of new content, not simply a port, so I would guess that at least most of the DLC from the original is included.  There is DLC for Re;Birth in Japan, but it's all new.  Stuff that wasn't in the original version at all, DLC or otherwise.

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 03:55:21 PM »

The only one I liked was the original Neptunia. I can't stand the battle system they went with in Mk 2 and what they've been using in more recent games like FFF and Mugen Souls.  I also didn't really like the characters in Mk 2.

This coming from someone who is in love with the Agarest series despite its repetitive nature due to the lore.

I am well aware that most people don't like the Neptunia 1/Trinity Universe battle systems, though, so I can accept I'm a minority.  I don't know why they stopped with the Agarest 2 and Cross Edge systems when they were finally smoothing out the kinks in them.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2014, 07:45:15 PM »

It's kind of interesting how NISA lost two of their staples within about a year, Gust and IF games. Though only the first I care about at all and only started caring again about when they got bought by TK anyway.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2014, 07:58:52 PM »

Yeah, it's not exactly good news for NISA.  They did get Danganronpa, though.  That seems to be a winner in the west.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2014, 08:05:04 PM »

And despite those initial pictures it sounds like Demon's Gaze is actually pretty good. Maybe it's forcing them to look into other developers/publishers and bringing over potentially better games? Or at least a wider variety.
Elegance

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2014, 08:08:16 PM »

They also have their anime segment, but how they make money there I'll never know.  They're so ridiculously overpriced.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2014, 08:13:17 PM »

Question:
They also have their anime segment, but how they make money there I'll never know.
Answer:
They're so ridiculously overpriced.

Don't forget some otaku/weaboos/whatever-kids-are-saying-these-days will buy anything.
Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2014, 08:38:22 PM »

This is pretty cool in my eyes considering I felt mechanically MK2 was on point, whereas characters and writing were far better in the first title.

I can't speak for "V" since I didn't get to it yet... all I can say is the collectors edition lunch box was a really cool packaging concept for a CE-LoL

I wish this had a PS3 release for jerks like me who can't handle a hand-held.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2014, 09:10:12 PM »

They also have their anime segment, but how they make money there I'll never know.  They're so ridiculously overpriced.

You have no idea what overpriced is...

Seriously, this statement baffles my mind.  NISA's stuff is cheap.  You want to see overpriced look at Aniplex.  Their stuff is an order of magnitude more expensive than NISA's.  That is not an exaggeration.

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2014, 09:13:30 PM »

I haven't really paid attention to their anime prices, given I haven't really watched a lot of anime in about 10 years, but my experience with older price points was 3 Episodes for $30.  Looking at NISA's prices, anime appears to me as ridiculously cheap.
Elegance

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2014, 09:18:06 PM »

You have no idea what overpriced is...

Seriously, this statement baffles my mind.  NISA's stuff is cheap.  You want to see overpriced look at Aniplex.  Their stuff is an order of magnitude more expensive than NISA's.  That is not an exaggeration.
No I know it's worse elsewhere, and back then it was even more expensive (as Cyril pointed out).  That said, they're definitely going for higher price models than companies like Funimation and I find it difficult to believe they are doing an adequate job competing.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: