Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 24, 2015, 11:32:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Have a great 2015 from all of us at RPGfan. :)
355593 Posts in 14453 Topics by 2260 Members
Latest Member: Kater
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy Type-0 HD, Rated M
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy Type-0 HD, Rated M  (Read 10056 times)
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: April 01, 2015, 10:41:20 AM »

One of my biggest gripes is that the game doesn't pause when you are going through the items menu and you can't see anything to move your character around causing you to just stand there and die and you can only equip one item at a time for quick use. Most of my items didn't get used because of this. Terrible implementation.

Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: April 02, 2015, 02:23:19 AM »

Ok it's official, one run is enough for me. After the last chapter and ending I don't even know what to say or think. That's probably because I am apparently not supposed to get it yet. And that my friends is bullshit.

Happy as I am that I experienced this, I will not be returning for sometime to fill in the blanks. An experience I will not forget that will sort of hurt to remember in some senses.

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: April 02, 2015, 07:10:09 AM »

Doing the Tower of Agito right now. Three hundred enemies down. 201 left to go.

Yeah, I just finished Chapter 8 and wtf just happened.
Code:
You go from "Yeah we win the war!" to "The world is getting attacked by random dudes we can't see and everyone is dead with little explanation!" Woo buddy that last chapter was stupid. I was kind of enjoying the story and then it went completely bonkers. It kind of reminds me of Star Ocean 3's ending sequences somewhat.
Oh no, that wasn't my complaint at all.

Code:
What I was complaining about was Cid's trials as those were just a pain in the rear. For example I sent basically all melee characters on the use magic only trial because I had no idea of what was coming. I had no problem with the story

Ok it's official, one run is enough for me. After the last chapter and ending I don't even know what to say or think. That's probably because I am apparently not supposed to get it yet. And that my friends is bullshit.

Happy as I am that I experienced this, I will not be returning for sometime to fill in the blanks. An experience I will not forget that will sort of hurt to remember in some senses.

Well if you have any questions, I can try and help out, although I won't be getting to the new missions and such till this weekend.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: April 02, 2015, 09:18:54 AM »

Doing the Tower of Agito right now. Three hundred enemies down. 201 left to go.

Yeah, I just finished Chapter 8 and wtf just happened.
Code:
You go from "Yeah we win the war!" to "The world is getting attacked by random dudes we can't see and everyone is dead with little explanation!" Woo buddy that last chapter was stupid. I was kind of enjoying the story and then it went completely bonkers. It kind of reminds me of Star Ocean 3's ending sequences somewhat.
Oh no, that wasn't my complaint at all.

Code:
What I was complaining about was Cid's trials as those were just a pain in the rear. For example I sent basically all melee characters on the use magic only trial because I had no idea of what was coming. I had no problem with the story

Well if you have any questions, I can try and help out, although I won't be getting to the new missions and such till this weekend.

Like Klyde, the story made little sense to me.
Code:
I also did the same thing you did during Cid's trials. I sent all my melee people down the magic path and was cursing up a storm at the stupidity. Gilgamesh in the purple door was harder than the final boss.

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: April 02, 2015, 08:28:47 PM »

Just got the platinum trophy for this. Only took 28 hours. It was pretty easy really. Don't really have any enthusiasm to keep playing through a second play through, but I got enough enjoyment out of this. On to Bloodborne!

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: April 03, 2015, 06:43:46 AM »

Whee, I beat the Tower of Agito last night! Not looking forward to going through it a second time next go round.

Code:
I also did the same thing you did during Cid's trials. I sent all my melee people down the magic path and was cursing up a storm at the stupidity. Gilgamesh in the purple door was harder than the final boss.

So what exactly didn't make sense about it?

Code:
Purple door? What purple door? I think I missed that.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: April 03, 2015, 09:54:36 AM »

Whee, I beat the Tower of Agito last night! Not looking forward to going through it a second time next go round.

Code:

So what exactly didn't make sense about it?

Code:
Purple door? What purple door? I think I missed that.

Code:
Did you accept becoming a l'cie or no? It changes the trials and cutscenes afterward. I declined. I guess the annoying part of the story for me is they use all these words from the FFXIII universe like Etro and l'cie without ever explaining them and it just compounds. Unlike Dragon Age, the extra lore stuff is required to completely understand what is happening. In Dragon Age they completely make sure you understand the story regardless if you want to make the extra effort. Reading the lore codexs and whatnot just enhances the story. Not so for this. I needed explanations. I didn't understand all these concepts when they were in FFXIII and I damn sure don't remember it now that it's been several years. That's the whole problem I have with the Fabula Nova Crystalis games. I doesn't help that you have to play through the game twice to get the full story... I am not doing that so I just read what happens on a second playthrough and it helped clarify some things, but still don't understand how any of the Etro stuff has to do with the civil war they were engaged in for 7 chapters. It felt like two different stories to me.

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: April 12, 2015, 07:14:37 AM »

Code:
Whee, on my fourth playthrough now! Gone through the game on the first three difficulties and now going through it on the last difficulty. Saved the Code Crimsons for my last playthrough (well except for the chapter 7 one because I believe I needed that one to trigger the ultimate weapon fights). Just did the chapter 2 Code Crimson last night.

It was interesting as apparently the reason that the security system was on at the base you assault in chapter 2 was because Class 0 broke in to recover confidential documents and activated the system so they could find the documents. I would not be surprised if the Code Crimson in chapter 4 reveals we actually did kill the Queen

Side note: Still hate chapter 8. Did it on max difficulty so I could unlock some stuff (l'cie mode and maybe the instructor uniforms) before completely finishing my fourth playthough, and I died so many times. Half of those deaths I don't even know what happened.

Code:
Did you accept becoming a l'cie or no? It changes the trials and cutscenes afterward. I declined. I guess the annoying part of the story for me is they use all these words from the FFXIII universe like Etro and l'cie without ever explaining them and it just compounds. Unlike Dragon Age, the extra lore stuff is required to completely understand what is happening. In Dragon Age they completely make sure you understand the story regardless if you want to make the extra effort. Reading the lore codexs and whatnot just enhances the story. Not so for this. I needed explanations. I didn't understand all these concepts when they were in FFXIII and I damn sure don't remember it now that it's been several years. That's the whole problem I have with the Fabula Nova Crystalis games. I doesn't help that you have to play through the game twice to get the full story... I am not doing that so I just read what happens on a second playthrough and it helped clarify some things, but still don't understand how any of the Etro stuff has to do with the civil war they were engaged in for 7 chapters. It felt like two different stories to me.

Code:
First playthrough? No. You lose if you choose to become l'cie. I was confused as you were talking about the Black Tortoise door as being purple and I had forgotten about the Gilgamesh fight because I was so overpowered for it on Cadet difficulty.

Anyways, I think they did a perfectly fine job explaining l'cie. I still have no idea of Etro, but it has only been mentioned once that I can recall. The connection between the war (which was not a "civil war") and chapter 8 is that the war triggered the end days. The prophecy of the end of times is brought up fairly frequently throughout the game, and having all 4 crystals controlled by a single nation triggered the end. Hell the first thing that Ace says in the trailer is a quote from the Nameless Tome about the end of all things.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 07:26:35 AM by Ranadiel » Logged
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: April 13, 2015, 07:06:49 AM »

Yay, I'm a double poster! I got the Instructor Uniforms yesterday before going to bed, and oh my god they are tacky. Also, the Code Crimsons for chapter 3-6 were considerably less interesting than the ones for Chapters 2 and 7. Kind of disappointing, especially since the one for Chapter 6 was one of the most boring things in the game (23 minutes of mostly just standing around and there is no way to speed it up).
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: April 13, 2015, 08:48:32 AM »

Yay, I'm a double poster! I got the Instructor Uniforms yesterday before going to bed, and oh my god they are tacky. Also, the Code Crimsons for chapter 3-6 were considerably less interesting than the ones for Chapters 2 and 7. Kind of disappointing, especially since the one for Chapter 6 was one of the most boring things in the game (23 minutes of mostly just standing around and there is no way to speed it up).
Which ones are the instructor uniforms? The gold trimmed ones?

TASTY!
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: April 14, 2015, 06:56:03 AM »

So I found out yesterday that in the alternate mission for chapter 6 you can just idle for 23 minutes and you still win (assuming you have avoid equipped). So yay, I got Blizzard BOM-II while eating dinner.

Which ones are the instructor uniforms? The gold trimmed ones?
Yup. They would probably be fine if it wasn't for the pattern on the cape. It just makes the outfits.....too noisy I guess? I ended up giving it to Cater, Seven, and Eight, but I may change them back before I'm done with the game.
Dice
I'm fart and I'm smunny
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: May 09, 2015, 12:40:47 AM »

Some blogger I go to occasionally has a pretty swell plot explanation for Type-0 written up:
http://punctualdork.com/post/117029123414/final-fantasy-type-0-explained

It sucks because the ideas are great.....but instead quests are inconveniencing the plot since you're grabbing some asshole's book he forgot in the middle of nowhere and then you have to play the game all over to get into these juicy bits (the "tell, don't show" style of the story doesn't help either).
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 12:52:36 AM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: May 09, 2015, 07:01:02 AM »

Some blogger I go to occasionally has a pretty swell plot explanation for Type-0 written up:
http://punctualdork.com/post/117029123414/final-fantasy-type-0-explained

It sucks because the ideas are great.....but instead quests are inconveniencing the plot since you're grabbing some asshole's book he forgot in the middle of nowhere and then you have to play the game all over to get into these juicy bits (the "tell, don't show" style of the story doesn't help either).
Reading that link and I'm finding a few mistakes in it. For example phantom are not the reason that Class 0 are unaffected by crystal jammers, as all magic is based on phantoma.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: