Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2015, 03:21:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Have a great 2015 from all of us at RPGfan. :)
351777 Posts in 14327 Topics by 2253 Members
Latest Member: Intero
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy 13 series on PC
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy 13 series on PC  (Read 183 times)
bigdeath

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 05, 2015, 08:43:34 PM »

I'm just wondering if anyone else is getting the FF13 series on PC. I've replayed FF13 on PC now twice, the game certainly lends itself to speed running. FF13 on steam is only $16 bucks. FF13-2 $20. I'd say regardless of how you feel about the flaws of FF13, $16 is a steal for the game.

FF13-2 is more interesting since its been a long while since I played a game that reminded me of Chrono Trigger. Its quite a lot of fun to run around collecting monsters and jumping to different time periods of the same area lends it self to replaying the game (you can do things out of order to get certain items, weapons, monsters quicker). I enjoy it a lot and if you do things out of order it does make the game more challenging.

Lighting Returns is coming out on PC this spring so I'm looking foward to it.

If only we could get more JRPG release on PC.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 08:55:31 PM by bigdeath » Logged
CoreSignal

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 02:43:49 AM »

I already played FF13 and FF13-2 on console, so I probably won't get the PC versions of those. But I'm definitely picking up Lightning Returns on PC. I think the open-world style in LR will benefit the most from
being on PC. I really enjoyed FF 13-2 as well. The story isn't that great, but yeah, the quick battle system and revisiting the same areas in different times reminded of Chrono Trigger too. Great soundtrack as well.
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 03:02:22 AM »

$16 isn't really a "steal" for an almost six year old game on PC (That isn't named Call of Duty). The only reason it might seem that way is because of the overinflated console game prices in comparison.
I've made my dislike for FFXIII fairly apparent over the years and even started documenting it in a game journal that I've yet to complete.
The only reason I would even contemplate getting FFXIII for PC is to stream it, and that's something I haven't been doing a lot of recently.
Can't see any other reason why I would possibly want to buy a game I'm not particularly fond of twice.

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: