Author Topic: The Atelier Series

Ranadiel

• View Profile
Re: The Atelier Series
« Reply #225 on: July 03, 2017, 06:52:34 AM »
Sophie is a non-offensive entry that did not wow me, but I also can't really complain about too much either. I guess the best way I can describe it was that it felt like a completely average Atelier game to me. Firis however was a downgrade in terms of plot...because there practically is none. And in terms of mechanics, I think I preferred Sophie to Firis.

Really the last Atelier game (or really Gust game in general) to wow me was Escha & Logy. It really feels like Gust has stopped putting any effort into the Atelier series when I compare the current games to the best of the older games (like Totori). Then again, I've always been more of a fan of Gust's story-driven RPGs more than their crafting driven games....not that I've been having much luck on that front recently either. >.>

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 03, 2017, 10:17:20 AM »
I have the Arland trilogy on backlog and the first game in the Dusk trilogy.  That's how behind I am on these.  It's overwhelming.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

kofvscapcom

• Rereveagence
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 03, 2017, 01:17:31 PM »
I really enjoyed Meruru, Rorona is not great though they tried to fix it with an update. I actually can't remember if I played Totori.
Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 03, 2017, 01:48:34 PM »
I managed to get through the Arland trilogy the first half of this year and might try to do the Dusk trilogy during the second half. Totori was one of my absolute favorite games I've played, Rorona I finally ended up just bolting through without worrying about endings or anything, and I had a lot of fun with Meruru, but it did feel like a step down from Totori.

TurnerBasedXP

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 11, 2017, 11:45:31 PM »
This is always a series I've wanted to get into. I just got PlayStation Now and there are a couple of titles on the service. Is there a particular game I should (or need to) start with to get a good introduction into what these games are all about?

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 11, 2017, 11:49:35 PM »
I'd say Atelier Sophie is a good start.
There's no time mechanic at all like most of the other entries so you don't have to feel any pressure.