Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 09:06:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334757 Posts in 13709 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  The Atelier Series
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 Print
Author Topic: The Atelier Series  (Read 7406 times)
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: July 21, 2014, 07:43:31 PM »

I like how these games have added a disclaimer saying where there are events. I am so tired of running around town every day in order not to miss an event. Now I can see the events right away and go there.

I'm glad to see they added flags for the events. With me it happened almost like you, I played most of Ayesha but didn't trigger a certain event which was necessary for the story to advance, when I finally managed to see it I had little time to do anything else and had to run through the story.
After this I decided to give the Atelier series some time to breath. Not much, I just think I'll wait for the Vita version of Escha & Loggy instead of getting the PS3 version. I might even try the Japanese version if I manage to find it at a good price.
Like you said, I don't replay them, at least not as soon as I finish them, so I like to give some time before going back to them.

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: July 31, 2014, 01:30:52 AM »

Curious as to if anyone's played Shallie yet.

From everything I've read there's no time limit. At all.  Not even a really lenient one like Totori/Meruru/Ayesha. It's just completely gone.  Events instead progress based on a different system entirely. "Life gauge" or something, which changes based on how many actions (eg, Alchemy, moving around the map) you've taken.

Now, I can comment on the OST; it has songs partially in English!  Well, as close to English as non-speaking Japanese singers tend to get, so it sounds a bit like the vocal songs in, say, XIII-2.  I greatly prefer this vocal OST to Escha's, but find it inferior to Ayesha's.  Narcolepsist gets special mention as being my second favorite song in the Dusk subseries (it's one you really have to listen to fully to appreciate).

Code:
Also, Ayesha appears!  It's just an unimportant cameo, but she has a different color scheme now.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 01:37:00 AM by Cyril » Logged
Royal

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: August 02, 2014, 05:56:33 AM »

I have one question. Does Atelier Rorona + for EU contain option to switch to jap dub?
Royal

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: August 06, 2014, 03:14:57 PM »

so reviewer, does rorona plus contain jap voice audio?
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: August 06, 2014, 03:21:54 PM »

Yeah, it does.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: August 06, 2014, 03:37:41 PM »

What was the last Koei-published game that didn't offer dual audio (or at least Japanese audio) at some point?

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: August 06, 2014, 05:08:21 PM »

What was the last Koei-published game that didn't offer dual audio (or at least Japanese audio) at some point?

Atelier Ayesha.

It's a valid question.

Royal

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: August 07, 2014, 03:42:52 AM »

thanks for the answer. Now my concerns are gone. Yes, poor Ayesha.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: August 07, 2014, 04:04:50 AM »

Poor Ayesha?

Not really, it wasn't a particularly bad dub.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: August 07, 2014, 11:05:32 AM »

The dub in general wasn't bad, the sad thing was the main character was. Also I think not even half of the dialogues were dubbed which is understandable for a small title but this is why some of us like to have the original audio where everything is voiced.

DrGonzo

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: August 13, 2014, 04:20:08 AM »

Played about almost 8 hours of Totori Plus and immediately got addicted to it again after not playing an Atelier in a long while. Probably my favorite cast so far, haven't played Meruru, Ayesha, and Esch and Logy. Mimi, Totori, and Ceci are simply too cute for words and Mel is muh perfect wife that I want.
dagas

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: August 16, 2014, 09:42:42 AM »

I like how these games have added a disclaimer saying where there are events. I am so tired of running around town every day in order not to miss an event. Now I can see the events right away and go there.

I'm glad to see they added flags for the events. With me it happened almost like you, I played most of Ayesha but didn't trigger a certain event which was necessary for the story to advance, when I finally managed to see it I had little time to do anything else and had to run through the story.
After this I decided to give the Atelier series some time to breath. Not much, I just think I'll wait for the Vita version of Escha & Loggy instead of getting the PS3 version. I might even try the Japanese version if I manage to find it at a good price.
Like you said, I don't replay them, at least not as soon as I finish them, so I like to give some time before going back to them.

I've been playing Escha a fair amount lately and like it a lot. The time limit is in chunks of 3 months instead of having one big goal after 3 years like in Meruru which makes managing it easier and I've always have had time left so far and starting year 3.

I am a bit concerned how the Vita will handle the newer games. Even the Rorona, Totori, Meruru games have severe lag problems and Escha looks a lot better. I bought the Arland trilogy on Vita but I prefer playing the new trilogy on PS3. It plays much better and having a bigger screen helps, the games look beautiful.

You can wait for Vita if you want but I feel like Escha is so easy to play that you won't miss events like in the older games. And it is easier than ever to get upgrades like faster movement on the map and faster gather time.

One thing that I miss in the other gamaes compared to Meruru is the sense that you are progressing. The number of people in your city and the buildings you built really made Meruru feel like you were working towards something.
dagas

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: August 28, 2014, 03:27:45 AM »

Now is a good time to get Atelier games on the Vita if you live in Europe. All of them have discounts on the PSN store. I am a bit bummed that I paid full price for Rorona Plus not even two months ago and already it is at half price.
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #103 on: August 28, 2014, 04:35:48 AM »

Now is a good time to get Atelier games on the Vita if you live in Europe. All of them have discounts on the PSN store. I am a bit bummed that I paid full price for Rorona Plus not even two months ago and already it is at half price.

Awesome. Thanks for the heads up! (Also on sale in Aus/NZ)

Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: August 28, 2014, 09:16:32 AM »

I'd get Meruru Plus for the Vita if it had a discount on the US store.
I didn't think Meruru was the best protagonist but as far as game goes, I think her game was the best by far.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: