Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2014, 03:04:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340807 Posts in 13926 Topics by 2221 Members
Latest Member: alceste007
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Rift is great, and you have no excuse for not playing it.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Rift is great, and you have no excuse for not playing it.  (Read 4275 times)
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2013, 04:18:42 PM »

That hellbug thing and the mixing factions thing are just two reasons why I quit playing RIFT. I prefer an MMO with rich lore that the developers are devoted to. The lore in RIFT had potential, but the developers just don't care enough about it and instead use it as a means to an end. It's very frustrating.
KopeAcetic

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2014, 07:33:26 PM »

I have to admit I've REALLY wanted to play Rift for a while now, and I've tried twice to get into it, but in a couple of hours I get really bored because it's like wow, but not as refined.  I quit Wow because it got too "Feed the need for greed" centric about loot and difficulty: IE Epics for everyone at a quarter of the original cost of investment.

What really makes me want to play rift, however is the fact that they have actual support classes in the game.  I really only enjoy support-ish classes (My original wow class was hunter, but I always spec'd into CC and absolutely loved it) and the only games that I've felt at home with are EQ1 and a little bit in EQ2, and WoW as my support hunter.

Bleh I miss the old days, probably why I have an active EQ1 account as well as playing on Project 1999...I might try Rift again though.
DrGonzo

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2014, 12:04:02 AM »

What if I don't feel like it?
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2014, 06:06:52 PM »

Crap, I just remembered that one of the reasons I got a fancy computer was for Rift. I dunno if I have time for it anymore with my Job, but I might download it at least, get that and the patches out of the way, so I'm ready when I do have some time. It definitely seems really cool to me.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: