Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 19, 2014, 09:33:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340926 Posts in 13933 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XI - Journal!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XI - Journal!  (Read 174218 times)
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1095 on: March 30, 2014, 06:49:04 PM »

I'm still playing this game instead of playing FFXIV because I'm dumb/weird.

AF armor upgraded to ilvl119. For WHM and SMN.

working on doing the same with relic armor.

Up to date on Adoulin story, which is WAY more involved and interesting than WotG. And they're rolling it out faster.

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1096 on: April 23, 2014, 08:30:03 PM »

Hm, guess I missed your post until now. Don't feel too lonely, I still play, heh. I pretty much exclusively play NIN nowadays. Got most of my AF/Relic upgraded and I'm mostly just trying to stock up on JP for whatever they're adding next.

I'm up-to-date on the story and personally, I think it's a lot more slow-moving than WOTG to say the least. Most of the cutscenes are just people talking with the occasional concept art being shown on-screen. I appreciate all the effort despite what's clearly a small team at this point.

On the gameplay side of things they've just been pumping out tons of stuff though. Pretty impressed as far as that goes.
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1097 on: October 07, 2014, 09:07:40 AM »

They just announced Atomos avatar (FINALLY, with new Lilisette-centric quest), and some new "Shuriken" thing for Ninjas.

This is very tempting to go back... but I'm-a wait until they reach a proper conclusion for Adoulin to reactivate my account (which I suspended back in April). I'll let the good content build so I'll have some fun when I return. :)

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1098 on: October 08, 2014, 11:37:20 AM »

Atomos isn't very good, but it does have its uses at least, which is more than I can say for Cait Sith.

The shuriken thing is a really nice addition for Ninja, with one problem: They added a bunch of new shuriken and they all have really bad base damage (less than daggers, the level 106 or whatever shuriken actually has less damage than the level 80 one, because back before level cap they were still making shurikens with really high base damage).

I think the best thing that's happened to XI in the last year and a half or so is that the game is more "playable" than ever, with summonable NPC partners and lots of old content that can be solo'd or low-manned that still retain some relevance. It isn't like those really early days where people will sit in town waiting for a party, there will pretty much always be something to do if you look for it. They also added a lot of incredibly long-desired conveniences like armor sets that can be macro'd, locking your appearance, checking your accuracy, and home points in many popular areas that you can warp between.

The main complaint from long-time players is the lack of large-scale content for groups, but since I don't really tend to do that sort of thing it doesn't bother me as much. I've always been more of the 3-8 players or so sort of guy with this game.

The story has been ramping up somewhat, but given how long it takes for them to release a story patch I'm guessing there's still going to be like half a year or something before they finish it. Seems like according to the latest announcements from Matsui, the Adoulin Missions will reach their conclusion in November. Looks like you'll be playing again sooner than I thought, Ramza.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 01:15:36 PM by Hathen » Logged
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1099 on: October 11, 2014, 08:26:49 PM »

Oh wow, November eh? They did a much better job with Adoulin than with WotG. WotG was seriously like a 3-year wait to get a story conclusion.

I can't wait to witness the end of Adoulin. That final area they added, west of the ice area, is really neat.

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: