Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 27, 2016, 06:22:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Check out the latest RPG news!
239012 Posts in 7105 Topics by 2358 Members
Latest Member: BeardyMcBeardface
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Lost Reavers
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Lost Reavers  (Read 5348 times)
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« on: May 10, 2016, 03:55:08 AM »

Anyone playing this?  It's a free to play Wii-U game.  The reviews have said the game is crappy but intriguing, but I am absolutely loving it.  It's basically a co-op action RPG, but there's something special about it.

Trying to articulate its merits is difficult because every aspect is so simple on its own, and is certainly why reviews are so brutal, but this game is greater than the sum of its parts.

Imagine Left 4 Dead, Team Fortress, Phantasy Star Online, Dark Souls, and some sort of roguelike Resident Evil survival elements with regard to consumable items, and you're getting close to what the gameplay experience is like.  I wanna focus on the gameplay experience, because the shooting gameplay isn't tight like a dedicated shooter, the RPG elements aren't new, nor are any other individual elements great on their own, but when it all comes together, something fresh emerges.

I can see how people would think it's unbalanced or unfair at the start, but this game is not broken like so many reviewers have said.  I would compare it to souls games in that regard.

I've said a whole lot of nothing, but give it a shot if you have a WiiU.  It's free, and is perfect for when you need a breather from Dark Souls 3.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: