Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 06:21:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341196 Posts in 13945 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Conception II
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Print
Author Topic: Conception II  (Read 10126 times)
TiamatNM

tiagol@live.com CursedTiamat
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: April 18, 2014, 02:48:57 PM »

Yeah I just got Torri last night I like her a lot.  Her and Ellie have the best events.  The others >_>  Don't have Feene yet so can't speak for her but my only impression so far is that I hate her voice.  Having more fun with the game now for whatever reason though (probably just cuz Torri lol).  I haven't actually used Ellie much at all in combat, what are her skills like?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 02:51:26 PM by TiamatNM » Logged
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: April 18, 2014, 03:28:08 PM »

I'm almost tempted just to boycott using Feene by virtue of her introduction having pretty much tripped over every 'Thing you do not do to a female character' alarm. Of all the characters in the entire game so far she's the only one I find to be borderline offensive.

-Hero 'saves' her hometown.
-Heroine comes before him all demure and also verbatum says 'You're the strong man who saved my town. I'm a woman. Therefore you get to do anything you want with me.'
-And to top it all off her battle outfit is a wedding dress.

Good lord I thought this cliche/trope was dead and buried (at least this extreme of a case thereof). But nope. Yamato Nadeshiko and Western Trophy Wife went and had a baby. We're still doing ye-olden hero gets to treat the village girl as property clause.

Probably going to give her 3 events tops. And if she's still being a boot-licker by the end of the third I doubt even I could stand it past then.
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: April 18, 2014, 04:57:13 PM »

Quick aside:

Just had something really odd happen. Had a Star Kid with Torri, didn't see any special notifications. However a huge list of class options opened up. Apparently this kid has a level cap of 99 and gets a special yellow star symbol under him inside of the dungeons.

...what just happened? o.O
TiamatNM

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: April 18, 2014, 09:33:45 PM »

I think I saw someone mention "genius" children on gamefaqs but didn't know what they meant.  maybe it's that
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 18, 2014, 11:25:48 PM »

63% average on Metacritic, and mixed impressions on forums... A bit of a letdown for something so many were hyped about. Good thing Demon Gaze is almost out.

There really wasn't hype on my end, I was just curious about how it'd turn out since apparently the first played with player expectations on being a "waifu game" or whatever and that Spike Chunsoft developed and Atlus published. But it fell flat, so whatever.
Spoony Mage
I aim to misbehave.

I also aim to please and shoot to kill.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: April 19, 2014, 01:11:00 AM »

Finally got the game today.  Liking what I've played of it so far, but boy does this game love its tropes.  This game couldn't be more "battle harem anime" if it tried.  At least you don't have to play your main character as a complete doormat/dumbass like 90% of the protagonists out there.  >_>;

Also, am I a horrible person for this scene popping in my mind whenever the girls appear onscreen?

http://youtu.be/h87JSL9nbbU

Support Silent Protagonists!
At least SOMEONE knows when to shut up!
TiamatNM

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: April 19, 2014, 04:27:51 AM »

I'm pretty addicted to this game now.  Still not sure what I think of Feene but what I do know is her theme music during her events is awesome so I'll be doing them lol.  I like Torri's theme music too
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: April 19, 2014, 06:58:23 AM »

Quick aside:

Just had something really odd happen. Had a Star Kid with Torri, didn't see any special notifications. However a huge list of class options opened up. Apparently this kid has a level cap of 99 and gets a special yellow star symbol under him inside of the dungeons.

...what just happened? o.O
There is supposedly a 5% of getting a "genius" kid whenever you have a star kid. In addition to having a level 99 cap no matter, they also have the benefit of getting something like 50% stat bonus n creation (hence why so many more classes were available because you met their stat requirements). I think I have made somewhere in the neighborhood of 50-60 star kids and I've currently gotten a grand total of 3.
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: April 19, 2014, 07:32:00 AM »

Feene I'm still up in the air about as well. I haven't gotten any of her proper events yet. Just the 'give a gift' filler and the whole one liner about how her family specializes in a martial art technique revolving around kneeing men in the nuts.

Which normally might fall under 'eh' but considering how "OMG, I don't wanna damage God's Gift!" every other female in this game is, having one that just comes up and offers to demonstrate that technique (without any malice or intended to carry through in a harmful way) is strangely 'refreshing'.

Also. Class'man'ting and Tri-matiing...oh game, how you never fail to surprise me.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 07:35:39 AM by ZeronHitaro » Logged
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: April 19, 2014, 11:29:04 PM »

Wow. I'm...surprised. There's even a Miiverse community for this game...and they didn't block people from uploading paused shots of the game.

WHERE'S MY SMTIV COMMUNITY?!

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: April 20, 2014, 06:40:58 AM »

Feene I'm still up in the air about as well. I haven't gotten any of her proper events yet. Just the 'give a gift' filler and the whole one liner about how her family specializes in a martial art technique revolving around kneeing men in the nuts.

Which normally might fall under 'eh' but considering how "OMG, I don't wanna damage God's Gift!" every other female in this game is, having one that just comes up and offers to demonstrate that technique (without any malice or intended to carry through in a harmful way) is strangely 'refreshing'.

Also. Class'man'ting and Tri-matiing...oh game, how you never fail to surprise me.
I'm very 'eh' on Feene, she comes off as too "perfect." She is perfect including being too humble to realize how perfect she is. It just doesn't work for me. Still leaning towards Ellie as the most interesting. Ms. Ghost is interesting also. A shame Ms. Ghost is stuck in the story of such an uninteresting character. Worst one is easily Narika though.

Side note, anyone going for platinum might want to check out this thread I made on Gamefaqs as I discuss some findings regarding a couple of missable events.

Edit: Oh wow, I almost forgot to mention this. Got some girls to three affection yesterday....wow does the classmating scene get awkward around then. What with the girl throwing her head back multiple times. All I can do whenever I see it is laugh because wtf. I just don't know how to process what I am viewing, and there are still stages left so it is only going to get more hilarious I am sure.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 06:51:50 AM by Ranadiel » Logged
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: April 20, 2014, 07:43:35 AM »

So far I think that part about Feene would be fine if all the other characters weren't going on and on about how 'great' she is. I get more of the 'perfect' vibe from Chloe. Oh look, a child genius, teacher everyone loves, who writes books/papers about everything that even the government uses, yet still has a perfect figure and dat-da-dat-da-dah. Good lord did they shove her harshly off the Mary Sue tree with every branch on the way down being smacked.

And yeah...those 3+ AR matings are...let's just say I'm amazed there hasn't been any GIFs cycling through here of those looped just because. XP
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 07:45:34 AM by ZeronHitaro » Logged
TiamatNM

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: April 20, 2014, 06:07:07 PM »

Yea the classmating is hilarious to me now lol

I'm just about to finish the 5th dungeon.  Imo best girls are Torri and Ellie.  3rd is probably Feene because her events have good music and don't annoy me.  Chloe is indeed a massive mary sue and it's a shame cause I like her char design but damn do her events suck.  

Also I think it's funny how in this game finding a mimic in a chest pleases me more than getting an item.  Exp is nice
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: April 21, 2014, 06:50:16 AM »

Yeah Chloe is sort of Mary Suish, which makes me wonder why Feene is treated like a goddess. I do however like Chloe's school outfit......her battle outfit not so much.

I'm about to enter the 5th dungeon myself. I'm enjoying most of the heroine events. Most of them seem to have some unique (to me at least) twist to them. Narika is still extremely boring though. >.>
TiamatNM

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: April 21, 2014, 11:57:02 AM »

I've noticed something about the database.  You know how it will shade out the choices you didn't make and you will only be able to pick what you have previously selected in the database?  Well....if you're at one of the choice points where you pick a girl for an event and you pick one then after the event make a new save continuing from that.  If you then load the choice point save you can pick a different girl than do the event and you don't even have to save it cause it autosaves to database when you do an event.  The interesting thing is that if you do this then the only girl with shaded out options will be the one you actually picked and saved to the file you are continuing from, the others will have all their options available in the database. 
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: