Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 30, 2014, 08:31:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329981 Posts in 13522 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Conception II
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Print
Author Topic: Conception II  (Read 6742 times)
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: April 21, 2014, 05:37:10 PM »

Oh great, I have to pick one at a later date? XD *sigh* Torn between Torri and Serina then...

That'll be a while though. I'm still on the 4th Dungeon just because I'm being very OCD about leveling and grabbing every last chest and doing all the quests.
TiamatNM

tiagol@live.com CursedTiamat
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: April 21, 2014, 06:27:14 PM »

I'm doing a lackluster job with the quests and side dungeons myself :p

You get a "pick a girl" choice after the 4th boss and another after the 5th boss.  It would be a good idea to keep a save at these choices so you can try the other events and get them in the database.  They probably don't affect the ending.  I haven't looked up how to get endings cause I might see a spoiler but I assume getting most of the endings just requires max affection with the girl and making an obvious choice.  This game has a very straitforward feel to it so I doubt it's more complex than that.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: April 22, 2014, 06:29:38 AM »

Ending Requirements:
Normal- I'm not 100% sure, but I think finish the game without meeting the requirements for any endings
Character Endings: Finish all events and choose them in the final chapter
Harem Ending: See all character endings and meet requirements for all of them (auto happens the first time you meet the requirments, choice after that)

I personally am wailing on all the dungeons and side quests (Wake is currently level 50 and I just beat chapter 5, basically every boss dies to Bond Drive!). Fyi, you unlock the Dungeon Master class when you beat five sub-dungeons. Dungeon Master lets you see traps and if you have three in a group enemies have a harder time detecting you.

Edit: Lmao, I just did my first classmating of chapter 6, and ass shot. I figured I would be getting a new angle but I was not expecting that.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 06:43:04 AM by Ranadiel » Logged
TiamatNM

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: April 22, 2014, 02:00:53 PM »

do you really need 100% of events to get a girl's ending?  I would think some of them wouldn't be required.  That would also mean you can't keep a save near the end of the game and get multiple endings from it because of the choices where you can only pick one girl. 
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: April 22, 2014, 03:59:06 PM »

I saw an insightful comment about this game someplace, to the effect of
It's immature, but the characters are basically in high school, and a lot of us were immature in high school.
Though it seems to me like the game may not really be joking about perverted stuff so much as it is treating it with a nonchalant tone.

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: April 23, 2014, 06:28:07 AM »

do you really need 100% of events to get a girl's ending?  I would think some of them wouldn't be required.  That would also mean you can't keep a save near the end of the game and get multiple endings from it because of the choices where you can only pick one girl. 
You don't need 100% (because that requires either a ton of save scumming or multiple playthroughs), I meant all of their (heroine) storyline events.
TiamatNM

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: April 23, 2014, 12:27:12 PM »

that's cool, I took a break from it for about 2 days but I'm in early chapter 6 still.  Gonna finish this before I get started with Demon Gaze

I got the weapon upgrades cause of the story and tried Torri's new special move but wow was that lame.   It looks the same as the move she's had the entire game except uh....the camera moves to show them at the end of it?  So lazy. 
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 12:33:23 PM by TiamatNM » Logged
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: April 25, 2014, 11:43:54 AM »

So yeah, for anyone who hasn't seen this yet.

Apparently the first piece of this DLC is due on the 6th next month. And is free.

Bad story? Bad character? Meh game system? Doesn't matter.

This just officially became the best game ever. XD
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 11:48:20 AM by ZeronHitaro » Logged
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: April 26, 2014, 06:21:56 AM »

So I just hit chapter 7 and oh my god the first sub-labyrinth kicked my ass. I'm not sure if it is that the darkness element is screwing me over or if my Star Children are due for being replaced but getting through there was fun despite being at least 10 levels higher than the enemies. Now to get through one more sub labyrinth and the pride labyrinth so I can move on to the final chapter although I should probably grind for the last two item based classes first. On the bright side, nearly done with getting armor for the heroines, just two more quests left. Few more for weapon parts though.
TiamatNM

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: April 28, 2014, 12:04:21 AM »

Alright I finally beat the game and got all endings.  I am definitely disappointed with this game.  The dungeons and combat are so freakin awful urghhhhhh.  So glad I'm finally done.  If it wasn't for a couple (sadly not most) of the girls being fun to talk to I would have never finished this game.  Narika and Chloe's events are so awful I think I've suffered brain damage.  Ellie best girl though :)
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: April 28, 2014, 06:40:06 AM »

Alright I finally beat the game and got all endings.  I am definitely disappointed with this game.  The dungeons and combat are so freakin awful urghhhhhh.  So glad I'm finally done.  If it wasn't for a couple (sadly not most) of the girls being fun to talk to I would have never finished this game.  Narika and Chloe's events are so awful I think I've suffered brain damage.  Ellie best girl though :)
I beat the game with the normal ending last night. Going for the rest of the endings after I finish all the NG+ quests. Sadly both of the ones I have right now are item gathering quests. The item gathering quests are by far the worst thing about the game. And I will second Ellie being the best. Also will second Narika being awful....Chloe's didn't bother me that much.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: May 09, 2014, 06:11:29 AM »

First Monokuma DLC came out yesterday. Killed him in two attacks. Take that you evil bear!
dagas

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: May 10, 2014, 05:16:19 PM »

I played the demo and like it. I have heard so much negativity about this game that I was pleasantly surprised.
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: May 10, 2014, 06:26:20 PM »

As a general rule of thumb, if an RPG has 'anime nonsense' (I.E: Overused tropes, excessive fanservice, ect.) in it, add 10-15% to the score to account for reviewer's bias as the Demon Gaze review seems to proves it does destroy their objectivity towards the rest of the content. That seems to balance it out with that the community feels on average from what I've seen in the posts around here.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 06:28:29 PM by ZeronHitaro » Logged
dagas

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: May 11, 2014, 04:07:58 AM »

As a general rule of thumb, if an RPG has 'anime nonsense' (I.E: Overused tropes, excessive fanservice, ect.) in it, add 10-15% to the score to account for reviewer's bias as the Demon Gaze review seems to proves it does destroy their objectivity towards the rest of the content. That seems to balance it out with that the community feels on average from what I've seen in the posts around here.

Yes. Here is a qoute from Polygon "As if the game's drab gameplay wasn't enough to turn me away, Conception 2's underage eroticism is alienating and just plain icky. Animated scenes feel like an ode to upskirts, and the game has enough boob jiggling to give me whiplash. It's a trashy, thoroughly underwhelming experience I cannot wait to forget." The fan service definatly lowered to score there. I mean 4/10, seriously?

Even Atelier Rorona was talked about like this. This is from the IGN review. "It's almost worth picking up Atelier Rorona for the story. Almost. This is one of those boundary pushing, dances the line between funny and creepy, RPGs. Whether it's Rorona's master that makes jokes about molesting her while she sleeps, or the nice shopkeeper who gets drunk and actually does molest her, everyone wants a piece of Rorona. The American version changed the character's ages, making Rorona 17 instead of 14, but that only barely makes things better." 5/10.

Sure the Atelier games have a bit of fan service but I've never felt it was creepy. Maybe I've just watched enough anime to understand that kind of jokes as that, jokes.

I'm sick of reviewers giving out bad scores because they consider all Japanese games as creepy.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: