Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 28, 2014, 07:19:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338764 Posts in 13865 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Conception II
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Print
Author Topic: Conception II  (Read 9583 times)
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: May 11, 2014, 06:46:39 AM »

Well let's be fair to western society here.

Astrid is 26.
Rorolina is 14 (even if you factor in NA trying to 'age up' her the physical body, thanks to the art choice, made her 'look' more like 12).

Even 'joking' about molestation with that kinda age gap is potentially felony material between two real people if you have a hard nosed enough DA.

Up the nervousness factor a bit when you consider said game lets you stick Rorona in swimsuits and nighties for cutscenes.

You quite literally have what anyone raised in the west would interpret as a pedo scene that 'condones' the creeper.

Is that what it is in context? Not 'quite' so much in spirit since it's just a trope that the East takes for granted.

But you can't blame anyone raised on this side of the ocean for throwing up a red flag.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 06:50:09 AM by ZeronHitaro » Logged
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: May 11, 2014, 08:02:15 AM »

Yes. Here is a qoute from Polygon "As if the game's drab gameplay wasn't enough to turn me away, Conception 2's underage eroticism is alienating and just plain icky. Animated scenes feel like an ode to upskirts, and the game has enough boob jiggling to give me whiplash. It's a trashy, thoroughly underwhelming experience I cannot wait to forget." The fan service definatly lowered to score there. I mean 4/10, seriously?
To be fair, late in the game the classmating scenes do cross over all kinds of lines, so I can totally see that making people uncomfortable. Me? I just laughed my ass off because I found it hilarious that they went there.
TiamatNM

tiagol@live.com CursedTiamat
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: May 12, 2014, 12:30:46 AM »

Being concerned about morality in videogames like this seems kinda silly to me anyway. There are tons of games where you murder people constantly and no one is like "oh but that's awful cause that's not legal irl" :P
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: May 12, 2014, 07:04:20 AM »

Being concerned about morality in videogames like this seems kinda silly to me anyway. There are tons of games where you murder people constantly and no one is like "oh but that's awful cause that's not legal irl" :P
That is because, in the U.S., our culture is rooted in the ideas of the Puritans. Specifically that the human body is sinful and viewing it is also shameful, so anything relating that has an extra layer of shame that makes Americans a little more uncomfortable. Meanwhile America has also managed to fetishize violence (not sure if we can blame the Puritans for this one or not), so anything related to violence gets a layer of "cool" attached to it.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: May 12, 2014, 08:18:02 AM »

That's why in Germany you kill robots. Robots have no rights (yet)
Same for zombies... and weirdly Nazis.
dagas

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: May 15, 2014, 01:52:57 AM »

Yes. Here is a qoute from Polygon "As if the game's drab gameplay wasn't enough to turn me away, Conception 2's underage eroticism is alienating and just plain icky. Animated scenes feel like an ode to upskirts, and the game has enough boob jiggling to give me whiplash. It's a trashy, thoroughly underwhelming experience I cannot wait to forget." The fan service definatly lowered to score there. I mean 4/10, seriously?
To be fair, late in the game the classmating scenes do cross over all kinds of lines, so I can totally see that making people uncomfortable. Me? I just laughed my ass off because I found it hilarious that they went there.

You have a point. Here in Sweden they passed a law a few years ago making it illegal to own any material about children being sexualized even manga or anime and such. Dead or Alive Dimensions on the 3DS did not came out here because the publisher was afraid of that law since Kasumi has big bouncing boobs despite being underage according to the manual. But then publishers stopped freaking out and later DoA games have come out here, guess they took the age out of the manual or something.

I guess it is because I am used to anime that I don't see it as something horrible anymore. At least not in that anime style that these games are. I just think "haha she is such a pervert haha" and laugh about it. It would be different if it was realistic graphics. If Marcus from Gears of War would joke about molesting a 12 year old I would be super creeped out I am sure.

My point games should be reviewed by people who like that style of game. You don't put someone who hates sports to review a sport game and say "football sucks". But it seems almost no review site have anyone who is into these kinds of games. Dynesty Warriors fans have the same problem, their games always get bad reviews too, although I understand that but that is because those games are not for me but I also understand the people who love them how upset they are that every Dynasty Warriors and games like it gets mediocre scores at best.

atelier ayesha was great and that game had very little sexualized content, especially since I used default costumes and did not download the swimsuits. Totori have a bit more with that swimsuit competetion and such but these games are good even without any of the sexualized stuff and that is what reviewers need to see. That they need to look past that and look at the game.
TiamatNM

tiagol@live.com CursedTiamat
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: May 15, 2014, 02:52:03 AM »

My point games should be reviewed by people who like that style of game. You don't put someone who hates sports to review a sport game and say "football sucks". But it seems almost no review site have anyone who is into these kinds of games. Dynesty Warriors fans have the same problem, their games always get bad reviews too, although I understand that but that is because those games are not for me but I also understand the people who love them how upset they are that every Dynasty Warriors and games like it gets mediocre scores at best.

Yup, I can't wait for Monster Monpiece reviews.  
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 02:54:11 AM by TiamatNM » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: