Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2014, 02:13:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331741 Posts in 13581 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Conception II
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Print
Author Topic: Conception II  (Read 7433 times)
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2014, 07:09:27 AM »

Played the 3DS demo and actually enjoyed it, even though it was a glorified tutorial that just barely gave you a dip into the pool.  Preordered it as soon as I was done.

I guess I'm weird in that I actually enjoyed the English voices.  The dialogue in games like these are usually going to be excessively campy, though that's not always the case, so I just roll with it.  That usually helps in games like this unless I find the acting really terribad. 

I'm still wondering if each of the girls have their own story or endings, or if they're just fun little archetypes to make babies with and save the world, though.
Based off of my use of Google translate, it appears that there are 9 endings with trophies for the game, including 7 character endings, a normal end, and....if you are familiar with this type of game you can guess ending number 9.
Spoony Mage
I aim to misbehave.

I also aim to please and shoot to kill.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2014, 10:14:04 AM »

Based off of my use of Google translate, it appears that there are 9 endings with trophies for the game, including 7 character endings, a normal end, and....if you are familiar with this type of game you can guess ending number 9.
Thanks, that is encouraging.  I've found myself liking a few of the girls based on Atlus' introductions and the demo, though there isn't anyone i particularly dislike, either.

I wonder if ending number 9 would be a "Sad" forever alone ending, or a "Nice Boat" ending...

Support Silent Protagonists!
At least SOMEONE knows when to shut up!
deathsaber

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2014, 11:08:59 AM »

The battle system is interesting, still trying to feel that one out for how its balance will work- the game seems to encourage having "releations" with all the heroines, monogamy be damned. 

That said, it also appears that whatever heroine you take into the dungeons (and you can only take one) heavily influences things- you take on the elemental atribute of the heroine- and kids born from the gal perform better when she is along.  The heroine also seems to influence which classes would best come from her - (a strenth based heroine would produce good physical attackers, magic based heroine would produce better mage kids).  These factors seem to encourage sticking with the same heroine and her, um, kids. 

but of course, if you were facing a water boss, you sure as heck don't want the fire heroine in your party making you incredibly weak to the enemies attacks, so I guess thats how they encourage enjoying the whole herem.  heh. 

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2014, 04:56:58 PM »

THey should call it Conception: The Second Story.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2014, 06:27:22 AM »

Thanks, that is encouraging.  I've found myself liking a few of the girls based on Atlus' introductions and the demo, though there isn't anyone i particularly dislike, either.

I wonder if ending number 9 would be a "Sad" forever alone ending, or a "Nice Boat" ending...
Good guesses, but too depressing for this game (although depending on your definition of "sad," normal might be the same as that). Eh, I'll just give the answer.

Code:
Harem
Spoony Mage
I aim to misbehave.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2014, 10:54:34 AM »

Good guesses, but too depressing for this game (although depending on your definition of "sad," normal might be the same as that). Eh, I'll just give the answer.

Code:
Harem

Huh.  Not what I would have expected, to be honest.  Not that the option is unwelcome...

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2014, 07:03:11 AM »

Huh.  Not what I would have expected, to be honest.  Not that the option is unwelcome...

O.o Really? I'm curious as to why you wouldn't expect it. Considering the tone of the game, seemed like it was almost a forgone conclusion it would have that as an ending.
Spoony Mage
I aim to misbehave.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2014, 10:33:45 AM »

A lot of games I've played with multiple options on who I can end up with generally tends to lack a harem ending, or at least are so well hidden that I never managed it.  Granted I haven't played many so I'm sure I'm missing out on quite a bit.

Thinking about it now, I agree that a harem ending wouldn't be out of place considering you have to make each of the girls happy to create good units anyway.

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2014, 03:37:46 PM »

Part of me wants to send tons of visual novels, dating sims and eroges to Spoony Mage.
Spoony Mage
I aim to misbehave.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2014, 04:17:43 PM »

I wouldn't say no, though who knows when I'd actually get around to playing them.  :P

Anyone decided on who they'll go after first, based on the introductions and demo playthrough?  I'm thinking Fuuko, myself.  Not sure why besides the fact that she just seems so charmingly normal (relatively speaking, of course).  I guess I'm weird that I go for either the normal girls or the crazy ones (bonus points if they end up being both).

ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2014, 04:26:03 PM »

Depends on which element has the most appeal once the game gets rolling. Haven't touched the demo so this is just based on website profiles.

If character personality (based on their synopsis) wins out: Probably Torri.
If character design (for better looking kids) wins out: Probably Fuuko.
If who has the coolest looking weapon/armor combo wins out: Probably Feene. (Narika would be a close second but bust-focused designs annoy me.)

Huh...just looked over the Main Character's art stills on the site...

Anyone else think he looks more like a villain?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 04:28:21 PM by ZeronHitaro » Logged
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2014, 04:30:48 PM »

Part of me wants to send tons of visual novels, dating sims and eroges to Spoony Mage.

You know that the vast majority of visual novels and dating sims do not have a harem end option, right?

Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2014, 05:33:31 PM »

You know that the vast majority of visual novels and dating sims do not have a harem end option, right?

Not the ones I play =D
Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go back and be a space detective with my 2 A.I. waifus.
TiamatNM

tiagol@live.com CursedTiamat
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2014, 06:26:39 PM »

2 waifus does not a harem make
Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2014, 07:36:54 PM »

2 waifus does not a harem make

Even if the 'path' is called the harem path?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: