Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2014, 08:12:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332705 Posts in 13630 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Conception II
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 Print
Author Topic: Conception II  (Read 7743 times)
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2014, 06:54:04 AM »

Anyone decided on who they'll go after first, based on the introductions and demo playthrough?  I'm thinking Fuuko, myself.  Not sure why besides the fact that she just seems so charmingly normal (relatively speaking, of course).  I guess I'm weird that I go for either the normal girls or the crazy ones (bonus points if they end up being both).
Ugh despite loving the game, I can't say any of the girls have really grabbed me yet. Out of the four that are available in the demo, I am thinking that Chloe might be the first one I go for. However I can't say that that is a strong preference.
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2014, 08:35:45 AM »

I have heard the full game is pretty easy, like auto battle easy. Hoped the demo was just due to it being the very beginning. I don't really mind the dungeon crawling not being the main aspect as long as the other half is good but I might wait to see a few opinions on the full game before deciding if I will get it.

CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2014, 01:49:07 PM »

Just read the review on the front page and I'm disappointed it fell flat.  So how bad is the innuendo?  Is it on par with Ar Tonelico or worse?  I can handle AT's sexualization only because the cosmospheres make the game worthwhile. 

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Spoony Mage
I aim to misbehave.

I also aim to please and shoot to kill.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2014, 02:04:13 PM »

While I wasn't exactly looking for anything particularly deep gameplay wise (it's a glorified dating sim, for goodness' sake.), it is discouraging to hear that the reviewer didn't enjoy it very much.  I have a pretty high tolerance for sexual humor, though it was interesting how much Ar Tonelico tried to sound like vanilla pr0n.  I'll echo the question of how bad the innuendo gets.

Support Silent Protagonists!
At least SOMEONE knows when to shut up!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2014, 03:40:14 PM »

Wait, Atlus localized this?

I thought this was NIS territory for sure.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2014, 03:49:00 PM »

Personally, I'm more in it for the silliness. The reviewers problem centered around the sexual humor and that he thought the gameplay wasn't that interesting, not so much that it was bad, annoying, agrivating, etc. To me, this sounds more like what I wished Neptunia was - a funny game with combat that doesn't suck donkey balls. Seriously, as long as the gameplay is inoffensive, I'm down with it. I'll try the demo at some point and see what I think.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2014, 03:59:16 PM »

The review is swaying me away from a purchase. I had hoped the combat improved from the demo but it looks like it doesn't. I could overlook it but the dating sim aspect didn't really grab me. Think this game is aimed at a different niche than the one I have fallen into.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2014, 04:00:47 PM »

I don't get why so many titles are going for cheap T&A humor than any other kind of humor.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2014, 04:04:28 PM »

I don't get why so many titles are going for cheap T&A humor than any other kind of humor.

I think you nailed it with cheap.

Why put the effort in when you can have a bunch of otaku defending it like its Shakespeare.

At least Shakespeare could write a good dick joke.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2014, 04:06:14 PM »

Why put the effort in when you can have a bunch of otaku defending it like its Shakespeare.

Looks like someone took a look at the Conception II gamefaqs board.

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2014, 04:07:30 PM »

Looks like someone took a look at the Conception II gamefaqs board.

Why would I browse Gamefaq's boards? I like to keep my sanity. :p

What have I missed?

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2014, 04:20:59 PM »

Actually I was curious myself and went to look and it isn't bad.  Someone was giving impressions and said the dating part had repeated dialogue making it mechanical and lifeless. 

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2014, 04:31:10 PM »

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2014, 04:32:18 PM »

Actually I was curious myself and went to look and it isn't bad.  Someone was giving impressions and said the dating part had repeated dialogue making it mechanical and lifeless. 

Yeah it's not bad.  Some accept that it is for the niche audience it is (and enjoy it despite of that), but of course you get one or two ham-heads who think it's a conspiracy by reviewers to downgrade any type of bawdy anime title because whatever.

Incoming fun police:
I recently took issue with the "Bozongas" thing in Tales of Xillia, not even for being dirty, but simply for just not being funny to me.  Butt fuck it.  Other people *love* highschool-level humor I guess.

I loved Symphonia's humor a lot more.  Lloyd uses dual-swords because it means "double the attack power".  That's awesome!  And edges breaking the fourth wall.  Or Lloyd saying his best school subjects are "PE and Art" when his teacher then tells him to shut up -- relatable! I love it!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 04:33:50 PM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2014, 04:45:24 PM »

But...but Good game for a person that is abstinent?

Joke topic aside, it is just the same as always. As Dice said, it is just the small vocal minority saying the usual stuff.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: