Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 25, 2014, 02:27:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327435 Posts in 13407 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Wild Arms For PS4 still possible
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Wild Arms For PS4 still possible  (Read 1713 times)
zodiar333

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: April 03, 2014, 07:25:55 AM »

Seems sony didn't forget wild arms...would be nice to see a sepuel of this great rpg

The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu has been delivered to the Japanese newsstands, and it includes an interesting Q&A with Sony Computer Entertainment Producer Kentaro Motomura, who worked as a Producer on the Wild Arms franchise from the third game onwards and on other classics like Jeanne d’Arc and the recent Soul Sacrifice.
Talking about the Wild Arms series, that ranked second behind Final Fantasy in a poll on the magazine asking readers what series they’d like to see a sequel for, Motomura-san mentioned that he’d definitely like to explore the possibility of one day bringing the adventures of the “migratory birds” to PS4 and PS Vita, also asking readers to support the idea.
“Migratory birds,” or “Wataridori” is the original name of Wild Arms‘ adventurers.
Motomura-san also added that he can’t talk about his next game yet. All he can say is that it’s not finished.
Interestingly enough, Wild Arms has been recently brought up by Sony Japan with a series of crossover illustrations between PlayStation feline mascots Toro and Kuro, Wild Arms Alter Code F and Wild Arms XF, released to celebrate the 15th anniversary of the release of Dokodemo Issho and the 20th anniversary of PlayStation. You can see them in the gallery below, courtesy of the official Japanese Play Community.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 07:28:17 AM by zodiar333 » Logged
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 07:27:29 AM »

It will probably be a vita exclusive considering that Sony has already given up on the vita for the mainstream market, it's now a machine for people with niche tastes.

Spoony Mage
I aim to misbehave.

I also aim to please and shoot to kill.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 10:16:48 AM »

I'd love to see another Wild Arms game, but I haven't liked where the writing for the past few have gone.  Not that any of the games ever were high literature to begin with, but I'd felt lukewarm towards the storytelling in 4 and 5.  I never did get around to finishing XF...

Support Silent Protagonists!
At least SOMEONE knows when to shut up!
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 02:54:01 PM »

^ Agreed.  I liked the battle system enough, but then it got a bit hammy and anime-ish.  2 and 3 were as well, but at least it wasn't voiced haha

Nevertheless, I fucking love the fuck out of games that have puzzles and RPG elements, so I'd be all over that like I'd be all over pizza.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 03:27:18 PM »

I've like/loved pretty much every game in the series, so I'm definitely down with this.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 04:46:07 PM »

I like the series, too, but I'm not exactly sure where they'd go with it. But a Wild Arms game for the Vita would be welcome, even if it's just more of the same, just because I'd like to have an adventure I could take with me that uses more than half the Vita's screen...

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2014, 04:52:29 PM »

Is there an anime-styled game announced for the PS4 yet??

Can't imagine what crazy-PS4-grafix would look like on it.  Hell, it doesn't feel like a lot of Japanese developers are terribly ready for the switch as is.

Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2014, 05:35:17 PM »

Gee golly, a new wild arms would be reason enough for me to break down and buy a PS4 to be honest. Sadly though I venture to guess, as mentioned, something like this would be a vita deal.

Where is western Vita TV, huh!!!???

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2014, 05:59:14 PM »

Vita is for gamers who like "niche" stuff. :P

I really wish we reported on game sales like Japan does.  I wonder if Vita sales did any better with the FFX HD Collection.

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2014, 06:03:14 PM »

Vita is for gamers who like "niche" stuff. :P

I really wish we reported on game sales like Japan does.  I wonder if Vita sales did any better with the FFX HD Collection.

I totally agree with this. I check out VGChartz every once in awhile just for fun, but their data is usually WAY off from NPD and whatnot and they always readjust stuff once the real numbers come out.

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2014, 08:48:51 PM »

VGChartz numbers are literally just made up.  They don't have any sources, they're just a random website.  It amazes me that people pay any attention to them at all.

Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2014, 04:38:01 AM »

Would be great to see another Wild Arms title, might just be the start of something that will get me interested in new consoles. I just hope they don't turn it into another action button masher.

NOW PLAYING:
Hearthstone: I don't like card games, and yet I enjoy this.
Chaos on Deponia: Beat the first one, went straight for the second one, that says a lot.
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin: Seems ok, has mouse issues.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2014, 04:41:46 AM »

it would be great, but I refuse to get my hopes up.  The last time one of my favorite "dead" series was revived, it ended up as Breath of Fire VI.
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2014, 02:21:02 PM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/04/04/new-wild-arms-works-still-far-awaya/
I guess it may be a thing.

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
King_Tetiro
Grandpa Pixel

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2014, 07:01:27 AM »

oh wow. :)

This is awesome! WA is an awesome game. You know I only got introduced to it thanks to Playstation Allstars. So glad I did as it is an underrated series gem. Go Wild Arms! Btw, anyone else think that "Wild Arms" sounds like an american football team?
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: