Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 02:27:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334802 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Wild Arms For PS4 still possible
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Wild Arms For PS4 still possible  (Read 2645 times)
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2014, 01:27:14 PM »

Resistance Line!

Love that one :D
Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2014, 01:35:13 PM »

Wild Arms 2 will always hold a special place in my heart. I was going through a very hard time in my life back then and the game helped me overcome that crisis. However I don't think I could play it with the same enthusiam anymore, some puzzles were downright awful.

But seriously how awesome were those opening movies, especially the parts with the trumpet playing?

I entered the series with 2nd Ignition and fullheartedly agree that trumpet opening was incredibly awesome, as it was memorable. The music and game itself hooked me something fierce, and I was entertained that the way your game sessions are treated is like an anime:

Start/load game: Anime opening
Play X amount of time: Episode length
End game after save: Ending theme.

Wild Arms 3rd Advance did the same deal, but included vocals into the intro/outro sessions. I adore the outro so much because of the singer's tender, soothing voice. What's even more sweet is that it's a lullaby.

Only the Night Sky Knows Lyrics:

I can still recall the smell of smoke from rusting guns
    Lying here beneath the starry desert sky
    Tired from the fight, I fall into a slumber
    'With the memories of days gone by
    What was the name I called out in my dream
    Guess for now only heaven knows...

Very, very pretty song.

Wild Arms 4? Enjoyed it very much. You know what, this is frustrating, I can't find a decent walkthrough/let's play of this game...It's definitely worth running through and recording, some of the dialog is interesting--at times Wakkie Nu Nu.

Also, Dean is a moron. He is on the same plane of Moron as Justin from Grandia.

Also, did someone say ResiSTANCE LINE?!?!?!

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2014, 01:41:08 PM »

I actually have a real love affair with Wild Arms 3's English opening.... because it's sung by none other than Jem from Jem and the Holograms.  Which was awesome.

All other songs are invalid.

Wait, that's a lie.  WA1's intro is a goddamn classic too and the first PSX game I ever saw played.
Fucking nostalgia.  WHERE HAS THIS SERIES GONE?!

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2014, 02:02:17 PM »

I actually have a real love affair with Wild Arms 3's English opening.... because it's sung by none other than Jem from Jem and the Holograms.  Which was awesome.

Wait, that's a lie.  WA1's intro is a goddamn classic too and the first PSX game I ever saw played.

yep! When I found out it was Jem, was definitely pleased. :)

I want the series go back to how it was like in Wild Arms 3, just a complete wasteland--one big desert with some greens here and there. I liked the cast in that game.

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Masakado

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2014, 02:30:42 PM »

I want the series go back to how it was like in Wild Arms 3, just a complete wasteland--one big desert with some greens here and there. I liked the cast in that game.

Exactly my thoughts. Hearing those songs makes me really nostalgic. I remember watching Wild Arms 3's opening every single time and I played the game over one hundred hours. I want a new Wild Arms for PS4 which just lives up to this standard.

I'm finally on twitter. If you're a history buff and/or interested in video games history and random rpg stuff, check out @masakadojo.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2014, 04:25:02 PM »

I actually have a real love affair with Wild Arms 3's English opening.... because it's sung by none other than Jem from Jem and the Holograms.  Which was awesome

Wait, that's a lie.  WA1's intro is a goddamn classic too and the first PSX game I ever saw played.
Fucking nostalgia.  WHERE HAS THIS SERIES GONE?!

I agree with Dice, I adore WA3's opening, and appreciated how the animation changes based upon where in the story you are.  WA1's is my second favorite.

I also really like the WA3 ending theme too.  The English version's singer is perfect. The Japanese singer just doesn't have the strength in her voice.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 04:26:33 PM by Cyril » Logged
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2014, 05:33:28 PM »

I actually have a real love affair with Wild Arms 3's English opening.... because it's sung by none other than Jem from Jem and the Holograms.  Which was awesome

I agree with Dice, I adore WA3's opening, and appreciated how the animation changes based upon where in the story you are.  WA1's is my second favorite.

I also really like the WA3 ending theme too.  The English version's singer is perfect. The Japanese singer just doesn't have the strength in her voice.

Eugh, I actually really don't like the Japanese singer (Kaori Aso I think?).  At least, I did, but she's been used for EVERYTHING and ANYTHING vocal for the series that's it's old, overused, and kind of annoying.
But also, and agreeing with you completely, in comparison to the Japanese one I actually think the English one is a *much* stronger performance (or her voice suits better, I dunno).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vbhh0xDE_iU#t=359
(that is the end credit video, so uh, skip ahead a bit if the time link don't work)

http://youtu.be/QUnLitwsPX0
Also, the version of "Into the Wilderness" that plays at the end is *perfect*.  Honestly, the whole OST was top quality.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Masakado

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2014, 06:13:08 PM »

http://youtu.be/QUnLitwsPX0
Also, the version of "Into the Wilderness" that plays at the end is *perfect*.  Honestly, the whole OST was top quality.

Yeah, Michiko Naruke's work on the Wild Arms soundtracks is simply amazing. 'Clash and a promise' is one of my favourites from the first WA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPqY0NGu_DI

Did you know that Naruke-san fell ill during the development of 4 so she couldn't compose the entire soundtrack for that game? That's probably the reason why she also didn't contribute to 5. The soundtrack for 5 was provided by Masato Kouda instead.

I'm finally on twitter. If you're a history buff and/or interested in video games history and random rpg stuff, check out @masakadojo.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2014, 06:56:27 AM »

I actually have a real love affair with Wild Arms 3's English opening.... because it's sung by none other than Jem from Jem and the Holograms.  Which was awesome

Wait, that's a lie.  WA1's intro is a goddamn classic too and the first PSX game I ever saw played.
Fucking nostalgia.  WHERE HAS THIS SERIES GONE?!

I agree with Dice, I adore WA3's opening, and appreciated how the animation changes based upon where in the story you are.  WA1's is my second favorite.

I also really like the WA3 ending theme too.  The English version's singer is perfect. The Japanese singer just doesn't have the strength in her voice.
I just remembered how freaking badass Asgard (or at least I think that was its name) looked in the opening for WA3 when it was in it. Actually Asgard just looked badass throughout all of WA3, should have been a party member!
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: