Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 26, 2014, 07:02:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338507 Posts in 13855 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Amy Hennig Creative Director on EA Star Wars Game
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Amy Hennig Creative Director on EA Star Wars Game  (Read 1069 times)
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« on: April 03, 2014, 02:42:07 PM »

http://www.ea.com/news/amy-hennig-joins-visceral-games

*explodes*

The director of one of my all-time favorite game series which was inspired by one of my all-time favorite film series now working on the game series based on another one of my all-time favorite film series? HHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 08:25:39 PM »

Enjoyed very much her work in Soul Reaver and Uncharted. I only have a passing interest in Star Wars but is nice to see her enthusiastic about her future.
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 05:07:09 AM »

I thought this was pretty good news for a new SW game, but then I connected a few dots in my head and my excitement got slapped.
This game is being developed by Visceral with Amy Henning joining the team, sound good BUT it's under the EA banner being worked on around the same time as the new movie. I know it's a bit early to jump to conclusions, but this implies that fairly likely to be a movie tie-in game, and as such its hard to get excited about it despite Hennings pedigree.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 05:09:03 AM by Maxximum » Logged

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 11:16:55 AM »

I thought this was pretty good news for a new SW game, but then I connected a few dots in my head and my excitement got slapped.
This game is being developed by Visceral with Amy Henning joining the team, sound good BUT it's under the EA banner being worked on around the same time as the new movie. I know it's a bit early to jump to conclusions, but this implies that fairly likely to be a movie tie-in game, and as such its hard to get excited about it despite Hennings pedigree.

I didn't really care for Uncharted though I know many people loved the series. Really, all I want are the classic Star Wars "flight sims" to come back. TIE Fighter, Rogue Squadron, Star Fighter. I loved those games and want to play more like them. Oh, and another good online multiplayer lightsaber game. MTIs, and anything else don't interest me all that much.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2014, 12:21:52 PM »

I don't imagine it'll be a movie tie-in; they've said they want to go the Arkham route and have big, story-driven experiences like the Batman games. You won't get that with a crappy movie cash-in. I'm still quite optimistic.

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2014, 12:37:25 PM »

I don't imagine it'll be a movie tie-in; they've said they want to go the Arkham route and have big, story-driven experiences like the Batman games. You won't get that with a crappy movie cash-in. I'm still quite optimistic.

That sounds awesome then.  I think the Star Wars universe is fantastic so I'm glad it's not focused in or around the movies themselves (for lack of better words, they've been 'done to death').

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2014, 04:58:02 PM »

I'm all for a gritty, hard-boiled Star Wars detective game that takes place in the lower levels of Coruscant. Actually, yea, that sounds kind of awesome.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2014, 05:00:51 PM »

I'm all for a gritty, hard-boiled Star Wars detective game that takes place in the lower levels of Coruscant. Actually, yea, that sounds kind of awesome.

NSFW text I guess?

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2014, 08:33:40 PM »

Amy Hennig's Star Wars Game to Match Uncharted's Genre; Will Have "Unprecedented Visuals" -- DualShockers
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2014, 02:32:36 PM »

Future Star Wars games Will Be Considered Canon - GS News Update -- GameSpot, YouTube

The Star Wars Expanded Universe: Past, Present, and Future -- Star Wars, YouTube
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2014, 02:39:11 PM »

Really interesting where they're going. While I'm sad that Thrawn won't be a part of the canon now, it doesn't change the fact that the story was awesome.

I'm actually excited here-- this gives them to chance to reboot the storyline and build something really cool that won't have a huge barrier to entry. If only they could have just said 'the prequels aren't canon.' Then we'd be golden.

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2014, 09:49:40 PM »

Why would they go out of their way to de-canonise games that are set thousands of years in the past? (KOTOR)

Lame.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: