Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 05:37:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334453 Posts in 13702 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Retrospective
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Retrospective  (Read 476 times)
Back2Basics

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: April 04, 2014, 11:45:17 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jip-N08u4W0

thoughts on the game?
siveon

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 01:28:09 AM »

It was mediocre on vanilla. Like all other Elder Scrolls games to an extent.

Thank you, and good night!
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 07:06:06 AM »

I actually think it has better and more memorable quests than Skyrim, though the game mechanics and world are significantly worse.
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 07:07:14 AM »

Oblivion probably has my favourite Thieves Guild and Fighters Guild in the series. Dark Brotherhood was great too. Probably had more fun with Oblivion's Dark Brotherhood quest line than I did with any other faction in the series.

My main issues with the game were the dungeons and enemy level scaling. Wasn't a fan of how Bandits eventually all had glass armour and certain enemies disappeared from the game entirely. I like Morrowind's method the best although I do like how Skyrim took the Oblivion route and improved it.

I replayed the game earlier this year and really liked something I didn't really appreciate on my first playthrough. The game is so damn colourful. In a world filled with brown and grey games, it really stood out. The game still looks great if you ignore character models.

Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2014, 07:51:32 AM »

I freaking love this game and still hold it as the best in the series. The guilds were top notch, there were sidequests everywhere, secrets to find, really the series at its peak. Aside from a few gameplay improvements in Skyrim, it wasn't really that great in my eyes. Dragons got old quick, the guilds were disappointing at best, and there were few memorable quests. That only elevates Oblivion in my eyes.

Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Weep, and you weep alone.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2014, 03:18:22 PM »

Loved this game too. One of the few I have played over 100 hours. I've had Skyrim since it came out, but have not played it more than 2 hours because I know I won't be able to do anything else if I start it. Waiting until my backlog isn't as huge.

Tintaglia

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2014, 01:36:42 PM »

I dropped over 6 months into Oblivion.

Eventually the repetitive dungeons, the level scaling, and getting lost in Oblivion made me drop it, but I had a good time until then. I guess I should start Skyrim one of these days.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: