Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 01, 2014, 10:04:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330123 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Holy CHRIST, RPGFan. I'm glad you're still here. Sorry I killed Anime Dream
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Holy CHRIST, RPGFan. I'm glad you're still here. Sorry I killed Anime Dream  (Read 862 times)
Angelo
Sephiroth's Girlfriend

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: April 07, 2014, 09:38:48 PM »

Unfortunately for you guys, my forum credentials are still good, but I'm not a blatherer. I'll let you make this thread epic, or not.  Your choice.

I don't even remember how long it's been since I posted here, last. I could look, but I like the mystery better.  Oh, RPGFan!  How you've shaped my adult life!  I've been meaning to thank you for that, and also curse you -- mostly thank.  Or possibly curse.  Recently I was at Anime Boston, and collecting 3DS puzzle panels, and like *everybody* that StreetPassed me was playing Pokemon X and/or Y.  Only one person out of more than a hundred was playing Bravely Default, the game I'm playing, which is awesome.  Funnily enough, I finished my village on 25-ish workers, and the 130+ I have now have nothing to do until the Titans arrive.  It's like an honest to goodness real village.  Anyway, I realized that the puzzle panels are just like Pokemon right as I left the convention.  Speaking of which, Skyward Sword is awful.  How the *fuck* did Aonuma make Twilight Princess good?  He's failed at pretty much everything else.  But I digress.  Before I get off the topic of the 3DS: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy is the greatest RPG ever made.

But enough about me. RPGFan clearly has gone through some changes since I last popped in.  It's a sizable surprise not to see Rudo at the helm, but John, you're like a ninja or some other kind of badass. I'm sure you're doing the site proud.  Liz and Mike, good to see you still in the staff roster.  Also Neal and everyone else whose names I would remember instantly from your old handles.  RESPECK.

So how the hell are you, RPGFan?  I'm ashamed to admit I couldn't keep Anime Dream going for the long haul, despite the years of being a sister site to you all. It was all my fault, and with that in mind, I'm thinking of starting another site!  :)  It's, er, in the works.  If I can take a break from playing RPGs....

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 09:40:28 PM »

If you REALLY loved us, you can send us some cash in the mail.

Scratch that, the Royal Mail will steal that. Fed Ex it to me.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 09:49:56 PM »

my life has since turned to ruin....i report in from a ditch

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 07:00:26 AM »

I don't even remember how long it's been since I posted here, last. I could look, but I like the mystery better. 
Bah, mysteries exist to be solved! The answer is a few days short of three years.
Angelo
Sephiroth's Girlfriend

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2014, 09:32:20 PM »

See? Now I'm all depressed about it. WHY DID YOU TELL ME.

Dice: If your ditch has a refrigerator, you might survive the next nuclear blast.  See? Life's not so bad.

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2014, 07:11:58 AM »

Because I exist to solve the mysteries of the universe, and I cannot allow people to simply leave a mystery unsolved because they want to keep it a mystery. KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!...or something like that.
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2014, 11:44:51 AM »

This guy!  How goes it?  For better or worse, I'm still around.  Hard to believe that this November will be my 10th year on staff and this October will be my 15th in the community.  Heh, whenever I bring up the topic of character renaming, I STILL use your example of renaming Griever to YourAss so Ultimecia will say "I shall now junction myself onto YourAss."

Life for me is pretty much work, gym, Pool of Thorns (the band I currently play bass in), RPGFan, and voice-over classes (yeah, I'm actually pursuing that dream.)

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2014, 01:30:47 PM »

Life is good and nothing can bring down RPGFan. Sup Angelo. :)

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2014, 03:53:07 PM »

My name is Mickeymac. You killed my anime dreams. Prepare to die.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Angelo
Sephiroth's Girlfriend

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2014, 12:50:20 AM »

@Neal: Of course! It's the most epic of renamings.  "YourAss, make them bleed!"  Do you still play bass?  I'm way late to the party, but I've been learning guitar the last 2 years.  I forgot the sheer joy of performing music all these years, and now I'm once again afraid to perform in front of a crowd, but I'll get over it.  I'm not one of those crazies who buy ocarinas at conventions, but I want to get back to business with my other instruments as well.  I wonder if there are any 80s revival bands who need an alto sax in the area, or a crappy jazz band who needs a crappy clarinet player, or ...someone who doesn't know anything about music aptitude at all who thinks they need an F recorder player.  At any rate, good to hear from you!

(edit: ok, I see you still play bass, but I'll leave it in for posterity. I think it's awesome you still play!)

@Pat: I'm well, my friend. How are you and yours?  I still love music (and especially anime and game music) more than life itself.  Hence my love for Theatrhythm FF.  I just wrote a review of Robotics; Notes for my friend Mike at Anime Herald, and I'm slowly but surely developing the concept and content for my own AD successor.  I hope to be in contact with you (well really, "you guys") soon enough.

@Mickeymac92: what do you plan to do with that..fffffffish~
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 12:54:50 AM by Angelo » Logged

kkhohoho

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2014, 01:07:20 AM »

my life has since turned to mediocrity... I report in from my parent's home when I should have landed a job, (or rather, not get fired from the old job that I had,) with not much to do but take college classes for a better career.
ZshadeZ

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2014, 12:46:53 PM »

Another old name is always good to see, though I lurk far more than I chat. In the last decade or so I've moved cross country a few times, got married, and finally settled in Denver. Bought our first new cars in the last 6 months and currently under contract for our first house. Currently playing ESO, where even the goldfarm bots are out leveling me due to limited play time... waiting for the next good DQ/FF/Shining/Phantasy title to pull me in. :)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2014, 12:59:06 PM »

my life has since turned to mediocrity... I report in from my parent's home when I should have landed a job, (or rather, not get fired from the old job that I had,) with not much to do but take college classes for a better career.

I know what that's like.  I hopped to university for the same reason, I spent one year employed (M-F, and waitressing on weekends) and paid pretty poorly (and a lovely 1.5 hour bus ride each way) and went off for more schooling! 

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2014, 05:22:43 PM »

@Neal: Of course! It's the most epic of renamings.  "YourAss, make them bleed!"  Do you still play bass?  I'm way late to the party, but I've been learning guitar the last 2 years.  I forgot the sheer joy of performing music all these years, and now I'm once again afraid to perform in front of a crowd, but I'll get over it.  I'm not one of those crazies who buy ocarinas at conventions, but I want to get back to business with my other instruments as well.  I wonder if there are any 80s revival bands who need an alto sax in the area, or a crappy jazz band who needs a crappy clarinet player, or ...someone who doesn't know anything about music aptitude at all who thinks they need an F recorder player.  At any rate, good to hear from you!

(edit: ok, I see you still play bass, but I'll leave it in for posterity. I think it's awesome you still play!)

This is a performance from last summer.  (2:45- 3:06 is the best part).  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1ZRig11SR4

And I'm sure any ska band could use a sax player.  I mean, everyone and their dog plays guitar, but horn players are hard to find. 

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Angelo
Sephiroth's Girlfriend

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2014, 10:15:05 PM »

Damn, dude, your band rocks. :)

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: