Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 01, 2014, 05:59:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330105 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Hyperdimension Neptunia U is Neptunia meets Senran Kagura
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hyperdimension Neptunia U is Neptunia meets Senran Kagura  (Read 791 times)
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: April 09, 2014, 05:46:28 PM »

Actual details about Hyperdimension Neptunia U have been revealed.

It's an action spin-off Vita game being made by the Senran Kagura team, and based on the screenshots that are available I think it's pretty likely that they're just reusing the Shinovi Versus engine.  Which is fine with me, since that was actually a pretty fun game.  In fact this could be the strongest gameplay in a Neptunia game yet (since let's face it, that hasn't exactly been the series' forte...).

How did a game as crappy as the original Neptunia spawn such a large franchise...

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 06:13:43 PM »

I remember the original getting a lot of press (aka, lots of coverage on niche sites, and an article or two on the major outlets) simply for it's unique subject matter.

I would totally play Neptunia meets Senran Kagura.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
TiamatNM

tiagol@live.com CursedTiamat
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 10:13:55 PM »

yeah I'd play it too I like Senran Kagura.  good mindless fun
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 07:26:17 PM »

I liked the first Neptunia game the best.  It was charming, and if you bothered to pay attention to its unorthodox systems, it was pretty rewarding.

The sci-fi cyberness of the setting too... guilty pleasure?

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 09:57:15 PM »

I liked the first best as well.  It feels the least forced and more focused.  But, as I've ranted before, I also tend to dislike the battle system used in 2 and V, so that is probably clouding my judgement.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 09:43:25 AM »

I liked the first best as well.  It feels the least forced and more focused.  But, as I've ranted before, I also tend to dislike the battle system used in 2 and V, so that is probably clouding my judgement.

How would that be clouding your judgement? Disliking a game's battle system seems like a pretty legitimate reason for disliking the game itself to me.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 01:08:54 PM »

Well, I was really trying to refer to the story and characters with the first part of my post, which I feel were by far the strongest in the original - not that the story is particularly good in any of the games.  I kind of jumped over to the battle system subject in the second part.  Hence my opinion of the game's story and characters may be clouded by my dislike of other aspects of the game.

(It made sense to me!)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2014, 06:19:07 AM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/05/28/famitsu-dengeki-characters-playable-ultra-dimension-action-neptunia-u/

I'd make this post about the meaningless character confirmation, but frankly, I think we all know why I'm really posting this. (Not that the other bit of news was really post-worthy to begin with given how said feature was inevitable due to the nature of the series and the devs involved.)

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: