Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2014, 11:36:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331471 Posts in 13573 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines announced (Over My Dead Body 2 localization)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines announced (Over My Dead Body 2 localization)  (Read 887 times)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 14, 2014, 11:51:03 AM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/04/14/dead-body-2-ps-vita-coming-west/

Is getting localized.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 10:23:21 PM by Eusis » Logged

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 12:21:16 PM »

Oh my.  I just watched the YouTube video of it.  It's beautiful.  Will have to get a Vita one day.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 02:45:04 PM »

Heads up to the staff, the article about this named the wrong Oreshika as getting brought over.

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 03:59:56 PM »

I love the style and look, that might have to be a day one purchase

Everything's Eventual
siveon

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 08:31:56 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtsiwVfKA9M
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/03/07/dead-body-2-shows-youll-expanding-family-tree/

That makes 2 JRPG's that are coming to the Vita that involves baby-making. Is this a trope now? I thought it was just a passing thing in Fire Emblem - but now with Conception and this I'm starting to doubt that.

Otherwise it looks nice, have no idea how it plays but I am glad that we're finally getting something other than ports/remasters/multiplatform titles. Can't wait to get it for a discount 1 or 2 years after release.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2014, 09:36:56 PM »

Wow, this is a surprise.  I wasn't particularly expecting a localization here.

Edit: RE: baby-making games:  They've been off and on in terms of popularity, really, I wouldn't quite say FE:A kick-started it since they were on the rise again beforehand with games like Agarest.  I mean, we had Phantasy Star III doing it in 1991! 

I, for one, welcome this new trend.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 09:59:44 PM by Cyril » Logged
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2014, 10:22:38 PM »

Changed the name to actually include the localized name: no one's called Virtue's Last Reward "Good People Die" since Aksys settled on the former.

... And man, I wasn't expecting we'd get news before it came out in Japan. Glad we're seeing it.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2014, 01:20:30 AM »

I might have to pick up a Vita soon - between this, Danganronpa, YS IV and Gravity Rush, it seems like the Vita is finally worth picking up.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2014, 02:04:38 AM »

Heads up to the staff, the article about this named the wrong Oreshika as getting brought over.

Oh yeah, missed this earlier. Sony didn't mention the first game in their press release so it's on them not communicating which game it was, though quick research would show it's 2.
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2014, 05:55:01 AM »

Edit: RE: baby-making games:  They've been off and on in terms of popularity, really, I wouldn't quite say FE:A kick-started it since they were on the rise again beforehand with games like Agarest.  I mean, we had Phantasy Star III doing it in 1991! 

See also: Dragon Quest V, Fire Emblem 4, Romancing SaGa 2, Oreshika 1, the Gen 2 and onward Pokemon games, etc.

Basically, its a game giving you a romance option that actually impacts gameplay rather than who your MC slinks off to a love motel with at the end (although its taken the Conception games to allow players to take the Tenchi Solution; which was the one thing Dating Sims had over Multi-Generational games). The reason why we haven't seen more of this over the years is because of Dating Sims being pretty much incapable of this since your audience stand in expy isn't capable of transfarring their lifeless non-presence to a nameless son, let alone develop any sort of presence or personality to raise said son, and the only other options either involve killing off one audience expy to make room for another or have them leave for their home planet as their work here is done (and its much easier to slightly alter an ending than it is to have to balance significant portions of a game to account for the different options or to come up with entirely different route splits).

Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2014, 07:01:52 AM »

I think in visual novels, it's basically just Clannad, and even the player character, Tomoya, has a distinct personality there. And there's only one possible kid.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 07:14:17 AM by Zendervai » Logged
siveon

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2014, 01:51:32 PM »

Of course, I just first remembered FE:A for the subject. I have no interest in Agarest or PSIII, so I suppose that's why I didn't remember it until now. I think the only game that I've played that included that was Dragon's Quest V and Pokemon. I never made any eggs in Pokemon, though.

I just find the trope weird. Certainly so when it's with people. Barely detracts from the game, but it's just a thing that itches the back of my brain. At least the way they handle it doesn't make me want to shoot myself like in Conception.
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2014, 10:20:39 AM »

Of course, I just first remembered FE:A for the subject. I have no interest in Agarest or PSIII, so I suppose that's why I didn't remember it until now. I think the only game that I've played that included that was Dragon's Quest V and Pokemon. I never made any eggs in Pokemon, though.

I just find the trope weird. Certainly so when it's with people. Barely detracts from the game, but it's just a thing that itches the back of my brain. At least the way they handle it doesn't make me want to shoot myself like in Conception.

I generally like the concept of multiple generations since it does the one thing that RPGs in general have trouble with, which is the movement of time on a macro level. Most of the time, RPG adventures typically take about a year to complete, and character growth is limited to what the character picks up on the journey (which is usually a lot of melodrama and some faux philosophy that typically amounts to the "Power of Love/Friendship will always triumph over evil"). With a multigenerational story, you can potentially see the long term effects of your actions, see how characters change with age, and the general toll time takes on us all (with things like characters' deaths, ruined countries and environments, and general shifts in public opinion). Of course most generational based RPGs don't really go into those things either; due to the overall threat not changing, the older characters barely getting a monologue before vanishing from the face of the plot or straight up keeling over, the party opting to venture into the second half of the world map instead of retreading the first half, NPCs straight up not changing at all, and so on.

Also another game that could be considered to be multigenerational (kinda) is the first Lufia game (since you do get to play as the previous generation of heroes; for all of the prologue).

Anyways, http://www.siliconera.com/2014/04/15/new-oreshika-details-growing-family-tree-job-classes/

Some deets.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2014, 10:41:53 AM »

OreShika: Tainted Bloodlines' performance will influence SCE's conclusion about JRPGs -- NeoGAF
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2014, 04:35:11 AM »

Well if anything they should be looking at the reception to Bravely Default and Squeenix's reaction and saying "Yeah, we want some of that".

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: