Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 08:19:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332910 Posts in 13642 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  I made a list quiz on JetPunk
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I made a list quiz on JetPunk  (Read 303 times)
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: April 18, 2014, 06:26:25 PM »

http://www.jetpunk.com/user-quizzes/87414/the-golden-era-16-bit-rpgs

This site, you just type in stuff and get answers right. It's a kind of addictive site. I was introduced to it with a map of the world, you have to name all 196 (current) sovereign nations, and you have 12 minutes. I took it 30 times until I learned them all, and now I can do it in like 6 minutes. Then I started taking other quizzes, and searching for quizzes. And I noticed a distinct lack of good RPG quizzes.

So the link up there? That's just a big (but non-exhaustive) list of RPGs on 16-bit consoles (SNES, Genesis, a few PCE/Turbografx). I give you the hint, you give the answer. I have the answers laid out in alphabetical order.

I might add more to it, or I might make more quizzes, such as game-specific quizzes where you have to name all playable characters or other trivia to the game. There are a bunch of pokemon quizzes, but I would be more interested in doing, say, a Xenosaga lore quiz. :P

Plz let me know what you think.

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 10:47:11 AM »

69/71.

One of the titles I didn't get was something I actually played... The other one was a Japanese SNES game I had never even heard of, so I don't feel too bad about that one.

Fun Quiz! Now I'm kinda proud I played some weird Japanese stuff that wasn't on it (Tenshi no Uta, Koryu Densetsu Villgust...)
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 01:09:49 PM »

Great quiz.  I usually use Sporcle for this kind of activity, so maybe you can make it there too?  Good stuff. 

Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 01:15:50 PM »

Failed Miserably. Got the English ones but was lost on a lot of the Japan only ones.

Great Quiz. I am going to wander arount to top 100, 16 bit rpg lists and the like before retrying.

Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2014, 03:37:06 PM »

Tomara -- I'd forgotten about Villgust! Hmm ... on that note I suddenly remember a whole bunch of other Japanese RPGs I could probably get in there.

Monsoon -- Thanks for the tip. I'll look into Sporcle.

I'm thinking I might make one that's localized-only, and specific to the first generation of CD consoles (Sega CD / Saturn + PlayStation). That would be mucho fun.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: