Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 04:00:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334826 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Neverwinter Nights 2
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Neverwinter Nights 2  (Read 2180 times)
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 27, 2006, 08:27:32 PM »

Well, its not out quite yet, gotta wait till the end of october, since they pushed it out to fix some bugs *proof that LA made them rush KOTOR2*

Anywho, I love the first game, still have it and play it regularly, both online, and the various premiums.  Plan on getting the Wyvern Crown of Cormyr soon.  Horses..hurray!

Ive always been a DnD nut, but I find the PnP game to be somewhat of a pain, since my group only played like once a week, and I wanted more...plus pnp can get a bit..boring.  So this is like cake served with sex served with ice cream for me :P

Course, itll be a bit before any good RP worlds are up and running, but im excited anywho.

Anyone here preordering?  I plan to so I can get my hands on the Toolset, and mess around with it.  I never touched the original games, but I figure this time I might give it a shot, so I can help out a RP world I play in on NWN, Myth Drannor, build up their 2 server.

Ok, well im done rambling, anyone wanting to post thoughts, complaints, whatever about this, here is your thread, enjoy!.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 08:35:21 PM »

I was thinking of getting it right away, but the CE preorders are /already/ out. I'll just wait awhile, there's too many games coming out this fall, plus waiting will give time for the mod community to mature.

Edit: Espicially bad at when it's currently set to launch. October 31st, it'll be in stores a day after FFXII (unless there's enough pre-orders to make it worth picking up early), and about a week after PSU. Those two games alone are too much together, another long RPG with them... God. :P
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 08:41:18 PM »

As much as I like the original, this is nowhere near a priority purchase for me.  Like Eusis said, the community needs to go through its growing pains and get a feel for the new shit.  And I'm interested to see if the original story for this one sucks as much ass as the original. :P

I figure getting the game a year or so after release is a possibility for me.  Like I said, not a priority. :P

Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 01:54:06 AM »

my feelings are similar to Daniel's. For starters, I'd like to pick up the Neverwinter Nights "Diamond" pack and catch up on the expansions before I even touch NN2.

But yeah...we'll see. It's also low priority for me...but not as low as most other PC RPGs. :P

Ramza

Serene Prophet

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2006, 12:00:42 PM »

Well waiting is definitely a good idea for this game, it needs a few more patches before its able to run smoothly.  I feel sorry for the guys at obsidian, they tried hard, but they missed the home run.  Most of the problems are either ingame bugs, or performance issue, which was also a problem in KOTOR 2.  

So far two patches have been released, and they have helped, but theres still quite a bit missing, and the performance bugs are still around, though partially its my older card, but still, ive noticed if I alt-tab out, then click back in, the game, which lagged at first, will now run fine.  Odd little things like that tend to put a damper on the excellent game play and so far engaging storyline.

So far, it doesnt feel as fetch quest oriented as the original did, or at least, they did a better job with them in this game, so it doesnt feel so drab.  I'm sad at the lack of Prestiges added, and the single base class added, but I suppose its better than nothing, and theres always the expansions to see about.

Anywho, I say wait a month or so before picking it up if you plan to, they should have stuff fixed up by then, though if your itching for it, by all means, its still a great game, just gotta mess around a bit and have some patience :P

So for me, I give it...3.75/5   Yep, thats right, 3 and 3/4.  I can do that..cause im awesome ^^  Once they fix up the buggies and such, then I raise it to 4.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Lilim

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2006, 12:59:09 PM »

I'd kick a puppy if they'd give better party AI control. I can't remember how many times I had some characters attacking and others not doing anything. I'd be nice if healer classes would have some AI controls for when to use their curative magic. It was kind of annoying at first to manually do it, but I got used to it.

Despite that and constant camera issues, I do like the story and characters a lot. It just makes me realize how much I miss the era of CRPGs.
Serene Prophet

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2006, 04:30:46 PM »

Ahh yeah Lil, I totally forgot about the party AI...Ugh...and its a pain to open the command menu, I wish I could hotkey the commands...its like...no, dont sit there Kelgar...HELP ME!

I dont mind the camera to much, its similar to NWN1, so I guess im used to it.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: