Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2016, 06:37:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Check out the latest RPG news!
248471 Posts in 7448 Topics by 2391 Members
Latest Member: Etemenanki
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  The Witcher 3: Poland's Finest Hour
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print
Author Topic: The Witcher 3: Poland's Finest Hour  (Read 16151 times)
Aurian

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: June 10, 2015, 09:24:10 PM »

So I have not played the original Witcher or Witcher 2 and my older consoles are in storage pending a move. Is it worth jumping right into 3 or would I be missing too much plot?
Taelus
Some music guy
Editor Emeritus

You're gonna have a bad Turnabout.

taelusramza
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: June 10, 2015, 09:56:37 PM »

2's good framing for 3, but not NECESSARY. If you have the time, it's still a fun game. 3 is head-and-shoulders best in series, though.

Friends, waffles, work. Or waffles, friends, work. Doesn't matter, but work is third.

bigdeath

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: June 11, 2015, 03:25:50 PM »

Call me crazy but I kind of prefer the smaller scale of witcher 2. Why must every RPG be trying to emulate skyrim, theres only so much running around I can take. And this is from someone who loves skyrim/fallout.
Maxximum
RPGFan Editor

Fills you with determiantion

View Profile Email
« Reply #78 on: June 12, 2015, 08:27:23 AM »

Call me crazy but I kind of prefer the smaller scale of witcher 2. Why must every RPG be trying to emulate skyrim, theres only so much running around I can take. And this is from someone who loves skyrim/fallout.

I don't own the game yet (not sure I can run it well enough), but I have watched a friend of mine play it on the PS4 and it was actually fun to spectate because of how story driven it is.
At times it was easy to forget it's a game.
Never really felt like he had to do a lot of running around to find anything of interest.

NOW PLAYING:
I can't tell you
DomLee

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: July 03, 2015, 11:16:23 AM »

Okay. Real talk.

Never before have I actually felt physically ill while playing a game. I had this game pre-ordered way long ago but didn't install because apparently my PC specs weren't good enough but decided to install it anyways just for the what the hells. Turns out the game runs on the lowest settings. But back on topic, every time I use Geralt's witcher sensing thingy I feel nauseated. The closest thing to happen was getting a headache like 15 years ago while playing Wolfenstein.
bigdeath

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: July 03, 2015, 07:30:38 PM »

Real talk? Do you mean serious talk? (I feel old and grumpy) :P

It could be the color shift that causes your nausea. Usually its a low field of view value thats at fault for causing nausea while playing video games.
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: July 09, 2015, 05:28:26 PM »

I shelved it for the same reason, I haven't felt this ill playing a game since I tried Half Life 2. There's a hidden setting you could try, which removes the blur effect in Witcher senses mode, unfortunately it doesn't do anything about the zoom though.

Open The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\bin\config\base\gameplay.ini and change MotionSicknessFocusMode=false to true.

I'm going to try the game again when patch 1.7 is released, hopefully the new movement mode will make the game feel less horrible to move around in.
DomLee

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: July 10, 2015, 12:36:03 PM »

I shelved it for the same reason, I haven't felt this ill playing a game since I tried Half Life 2. There's a hidden setting you could try, which removes the blur effect in Witcher senses mode, unfortunately it doesn't do anything about the zoom though.

Open The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\bin\config\base\gameplay.ini and change MotionSicknessFocusMode=false to true.

I'm going to try the game again when patch 1.7 is released, hopefully the new movement mode will make the game feel less horrible to move around in.

Yeah I looked online and turned off the blurring and it has been fine since. About 75 hours into the game with still so much more to do. First expansion coming out in October.
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: July 23, 2015, 06:16:45 PM »

"Poland's finest hour."

I dunno, man. Vader.

Also WWII.

DomLee

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: July 23, 2015, 11:35:17 PM »

"Poland's finest hour."

I dunno, man. Vader.

Also WWII.

Expansion DLC is out! 25 bucks for the next two expansion dlcs measured at roughly 30 hours of play time. I insta-bought it so hard.

Edit: I noticed that the price point is 25 globally. Meaning people in Europe are paying a hella lot more than Canadians are. The euro equivalent of 25 dollars Canadian is roughly 17.5 euros. You would think that CD Projekt RED would be more conscientious of that being a developer situated in Poland and all. 
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 11:43:29 PM by DomLee » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: