Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 02, 2015, 10:39:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Check out the latest RPG news!
363021 Posts in 14733 Topics by 2288 Members
Latest Member: Wallflower
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Langrisser: Reincarnation coming Stateside?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Langrisser: Reincarnation coming Stateside?  (Read 1108 times)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2015, 02:42:44 PM »

Well, Satoshi Urushihara, who did the Langrisser and Growlanser character art, is known for his cheesecake material, like in Legend of Lemnear and parts of Plastic Little. 

(He sure knows how to draw nipples though... Except you can't see I'm saying this, because I wrote it in parentheses!)

Code:
And pubic hair, but lets not go there.

Comments about the previous guy's work aside, sadly Jessica is not the only offender of fashion. Even the protagonist can't seem to find actual clothing for his little sister (again, fairly NSFW).

As for Awakening's artstyle/character designs, while I have a litany of grievances with Kozaki's character designs (Nowi, 'breast' plates, so many crotch windows, mini-skirts and bizarre pants(?) among other things), his designs for FEif look significantly better across the board (though the crotch windows don't seem to have toned down at all and now there's boob straps, at least there are fewer toilet bowls and jetpacks).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Dincrest
Analogy spouting
RPGFan Editor

I approve of this nonsense!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2015, 03:25:39 PM »

Mayhaps we'll see some Bravely Default style modesty modifications?  Personally, I felt that girl's more modest booty shorts looked 10x better than the string bikini bottom.  (Insert Spongebob pun here).

I have nothing funny to say.
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2015, 07:06:29 PM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/04/23/langrisser-composer-is-stoked-to-be-back-hopes-to-do-more-for-the-series/

Well artist aside, they at least got the composer back.

Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2015, 05:05:40 AM »

Welp. Just checked a stream of this and my god was that player really fucking bad at strategy games (the game wasn't that great either, but I'll get there in a moment). Like he just flat out sucked. The best moment of the stream was watching his shock and confusion translated in-game at the sudden and almost inexplicable change of the main character's mount (made even more amazing due to this not even being the first promotion he reached, it was just the first one he noticed). And of course, there's no way for me to tell what kind of secrets or path splits were involved with this game due to the guy's single-mindedness and piss poor management (he literally ended the game on three named characters since they were the only ones still usable by that point; by the time he even tried to salvage anybody they were already cannon fodder at best).

That said though, yeah. If the screenshots of the battle sequences weren't indicative enough, this game was not well made. It really suffers from trying to be like Der Langrisser, but whiffing on certain critical aspects (like good map design for the brand new maps or having any sort of personality) and bringing nothing worthwhile to the table (the character designs were weak, instead of midbattle convos that brought personality to the characters you had a talk menu during the intermissions and you could only talk to three characters at time and they were very low effort themselves (and the reward is being able to get a really low effort/tacky CG of said character wearing debatably less than their normal attire), the writing seemed weak (unfortunately the steaming streamer only played the light route which by necessity is the most dull and boring route in the game), there's like two cutscenes in the entire game and combined wouldn't last 30 seconds (and are incredibly lame), the character portraits were entirely static (further diminishing the weak character designs), and there seemed to be a complete dearth of secrets, side missions or special victory conditions (beyond what was straight up lifted from Der itself)).

The saddest part though was that the stuff that was actually legitimately good (i.e. the music, the concept of having a meaningful choice in sides and the maps that weren't just static rout maps) are the things that were literally straight up taken from Der Langrisser. With that said though, not everything that was taken straight from the source was actually good for the game like the balance issues (though having the gaming skill of a gorilla doesn't help matters on that end either), or the Genesis/SuperNES era system limitations/lack of quality of life improvements or OG DS era graphics.

My tl;dr is that if this game actually came out here someday (and if it does, I won't be surprised if it does so with a slipshod translation), I might pick it up during a sale, but I wouldn't pay full price for this thing as this is basically Shadow Dragon all over again (but worse as Shadow Dragon actually added some legit mechanics that the series has been using since). It also really doesn't help matters that it came out in Japan in the wake of FE:Fates which has practically set a brand new benchmark for the genre at this point.

Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2015, 10:40:54 AM »

That reminds me, wasn't there some character in Awakening that was like a thousand-year old goddess who "decided" to appear in human form as a little girl, lol.

Nowi, a dragon, looks maybe 12 in human form. It's awkward.

Well I just wasted an entire morning reading every comic. Thanks!

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: