Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2014, 12:38:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338112 Posts in 13842 Topics by 2214 Members
Latest Member: CoreSignal
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  POKéMON OMEGA RUBY & ALPHA SAPPHIRE
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Print
Author Topic: POKéMON OMEGA RUBY & ALPHA SAPPHIRE  (Read 6222 times)
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: July 14, 2014, 10:48:06 AM »

Same stuff as before, but in omgvideoform:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-wTDPviFq8
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: July 14, 2014, 07:30:14 PM »

Not going to lie, I do not get the idea of dressing up Pikachu....actually honestly I don't get Pikachu's appeal at all.
Because it took Clefairy's spot.

I think it was for two factors:

1. Pikachu is kawaii as fuck. :3

2. Pikachu has a wider appeal among people worldwide.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: August 08, 2014, 01:51:55 AM »

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml
Another Pokemon joins the Mega Waifu wars. Mega Altaria, Mega Lopunny, and the new Pikachu forms each get an attack.

Edit: Mega Salamence too!

In other news, there's that special on battle spot that's 6v6s, dunno if anybody's been participating but it's been pretty fun. It's nice to have a way to battle 6v6 without challenging random people and witing forever until you realize they're probably just not there.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 02:59:27 AM by Hathen » Logged
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: August 09, 2014, 12:17:37 AM »

Mega Altaria is the most beautiful thing.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: August 10, 2014, 11:00:42 PM »

Mega Altaria is the most beautiful thing.

Nevermind that, we've got a Grendizer Pokemon.

(It's hard to find a good picture of Grendizer in its UFO form so just imagine this image with a Mazinger head in place of the Pokemon's and some drills attached for good measure.)

Edit: Oh yeah, have some deets on contests and such.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 11:38:43 PM by Aeolus » Logged

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: August 14, 2014, 09:23:07 AM »

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2014/1870.html

Audino is adorable and Slowbro looks ridiculous. They also both sound like a massive downgrade because they lose Regenerator. I'm pretty sure even for doubles Healer and Shell Armor are total crap compared to Regenerator.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: September 10, 2014, 07:16:23 PM »

"Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire adds Mega Sharpedo, Camerupt & Gallade." (CoroCoro scans) -- AGB (AllGamesBeta), Twitter
Nel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: September 10, 2014, 11:52:33 PM »

It makes sense. Besides Mightyena (sp?), those were the sort of "mascot" Pokemon of Team Aqua and Magma. I can definitely see Archie and Maxie using the mega forms in their final battles.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: September 11, 2014, 12:27:18 AM »

Yeah... but... Gallade? I guess Gardevoir getting all the fun was unfair.

Nel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: September 11, 2014, 12:33:53 AM »

Well, Diantha kind of took over having (Mega) Gardevoir as her mascot Pokemon, and little Wally hasn't been relevant in 11 years, so he's perfect for introducing Mega Gallade. It's a change I like. I loved his story in the originals with how he overcame being a sickly kid to becoming the rival who was the final obstacle standing between you and the Elite Four.
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #100 on: September 11, 2014, 01:00:42 AM »

I hope mega evolutions don't make it to Generation VII.

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: September 16, 2014, 03:42:05 AM »

I hope mega evolutions don't make it to Generation VII.

What's wrong with them?

Okay, so since this is the latest active Pokemon thread I might as well ask here. Wondering if anyone around here has or knows someone with a Japanese 3DS and copy of X/Y? I've come across a Mystery Gift code and apparently those are region locked for some stupid reason.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: October 10, 2014, 10:18:50 AM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/10/10/can-fly-find-pokemon-sky-pokemon-omega-ruby-alpha-sapphire/

Now featuring the one thing we didn't know we needed until now but now we need more than any other update to this game. An actual flight based minigame.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: October 10, 2014, 10:32:02 AM »

If this is actual "you get to fly in the z axis of the gameworld" stuff then that will be very cool (and Sky Battles actually have some kind of purpose to them), but since these are the same people who decided to design a game like it was still on a 2D grid after they moved into 3D I'm more willing to believe that it's instead just an alternate map where it just looks like you're in the sky. Baby steps, I guess.

Mega Pidgeot with its No Guard sounds terrible and Beedril was always bad, but I really love the design on Mega Beedrill. I kinda wish that thing was just a normal evolution though, god knows Beedrill needs it.

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: October 15, 2014, 12:57:36 PM »

Mega Steelix and Mega Glalie have been revealed, unfortunately in the wake of the excitement there was some reveals that deflated a ton of the hype.

The first reveal was that there would be no trainer customization. Masuda even made the statement that that was a Kalos-thing because it was in the spirit of a "motif of France and really focused on this beauty and fashion aspect, which is why it was a prominent feature in that game". Personally, I think the trainer dress-up stuff is a whole lot of fluff, albeit fun fluff, but arguing that it's a Kalos-exclusive as if the French are the only people that ever change clothes every day seems like a pretty silly way of saying "we just didn't want to put it in ORAS".

I think the more important reveal was that Pokemon XY will not be receiving a patch to make the new Mega and Primal evolution available. Unfortunately this seems vague to me, I don't know if it means:
1. It will only strictly allow interactions that don't involve any new features
2. You will be able to interact ORAS with XY, you just can't trade new stuff over to XY
While the latter would be completely reasonable, the former is what most people are expecting and it's made some people pretty salty, because in the past games in the franchise didn't really tend to get outdated until a new generation came along, let alone outdating the first wave of games only a year after they come out.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: