Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 26, 2014, 01:44:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338452 Posts in 13855 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  POKéMON OMEGA RUBY & ALPHA SAPPHIRE
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: POKéMON OMEGA RUBY & ALPHA SAPPHIRE  (Read 6305 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: May 07, 2014, 08:50:09 PM »

Platform: Nintendo 3DS
Genre: RPG
Release Date: November 2014 (Worldwide)

"Pokémon Omega Ruby & Pokémon Alpha Sapphire are the second Generation VI Pokémon games, coming for the Nintendo 3DS worldwide in November 2014.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire are a fresh take on Pokémon Ruby and Pokémon Sapphire, which launched in 2003 and were fan-favorite hits on the Game Boy Advance system. The new titles promise to take players through a dramatic story within a spectacular new world."
-- Serebii.net

Overview [JP] Trailer / TV [JP] Commercials -- All Games Beta
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 03:00:05 AM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 08:52:53 PM »

And so soon, too.

Much excite.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 08:53:59 PM »

Never played the originals. Gotta admit, it's quite telling being on the side of a piece of news like this not affected by nostalgia. Not saying it's nothing to be excited about, but compared to how I felt when HeartGold and SoulSilver were announced, I'm pretty apathetic myself.

Though I also have the slightly unpopular opinion that nostalgia is a perfectly valid reason to be excited for something.
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 09:10:54 PM »

The Hoenn confirmed thing will finally be put to rest.

...And before long, people will shout for Sinnoh.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 09:17:02 PM »

The Hoenn confirmed thing will finally be put to rest.

...And before long, people will shout for Sinnoh.

Will they? I always thought Sinnoh was the black sheep. :P

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2014, 09:19:35 PM »

Thought about making a thread a few hours ago, but there's really not much to talk about.

Also Wingull and Tentacool: The Game.
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2014, 09:32:39 PM »

I'm not at all surprised by the announcement (I doubt anyone is), but the Hoenn trilogy is the weakest in the series, I reckon. So while fancy new graphics, new Pokemon, and updated mechanics will help a lot, it won't fix the odd world design and other niggles I have with it. I'm sure I'll get it... but I'm interested to hear more about the changes/updates.

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2014, 09:41:00 PM »

I'm not at all surprised by the announcement (I doubt anyone is), but the Hoenn trilogy is the weakest in the series, I reckon. So while fancy new graphics, new Pokemon, and updated mechanics will help a lot, it won't fix the odd world design and other niggles I have with it. I'm sure I'll get it... but I'm interested to hear more about the changes/updates.

Yeah these ones are my least favorite too. Interested in changes and updates.

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2014, 09:41:55 PM »

I liked Ruby and Sapphire.

But I may have grown to like it more as it has the strongest hacking community around it.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2014, 09:49:43 PM »

I didn't like RS at first but they really grew on me. As a kid at first I didn't like that there was no old regions but really, Kanto in gold and silver was really empty whereas the postgame in RS had you actually doing stuff. Some really great music too, and Pokemon contests were fun. I don't see how anybody can say RS are the weakest in the series when XY just came out and it probably has the least content of any Pokemon game in like a decade. Diamond and Pearl had a relatively empty postgame too but it had some really awesome landmarks to play through like Mt. Coronet.
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2014, 09:51:42 PM »

Thought about making a thread a few hours ago, but there's really not much to talk about.

Also Wingull and Tentacool: The Game.
More like:

Swimmer: The Game. Water-type Edition.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2014, 10:14:57 PM »

So are these going to be just remakes, or will they incorporate the pokemon from X/Y??

I haven't played pokemon since the original game boy (blue), and I used trounce my friends via link cable with my glitch pokemon who I think was Lv 255. That glorious reign ended when I left my gameboy in my mom's back seat, and one of her friends turned it on (she was a 'gamer') started a new game and saved over my character.

Since that day I have not touched Pokemon, but have been tempted. I was thinking X/Y (probably Y) but I just have so many games to play. I wouldn't mind this though for some reason, as I feel it would act as a 'bridge' for all the lost years.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2014, 10:27:48 PM »

Well, we don't know anything for sure other than X and Y Pokemon will be in it somehow.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2014, 10:43:27 PM »

This is actually the first Pokemon remake that I can be nostalgic for. The two games that I played the crap out of was FireRed and Sapphire, so HELL YES!

Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Weep, and you weep alone.
Nel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2014, 10:44:45 PM »

It's surreal that Pokemon I caught 11 years ago can finally return home to Hoenn.

While I dislike Hoenn's massive amount of sea routes, the main island is still my favorite region in the series. And they need to bring back the secret bases. That feature would be perfect for Street Pass.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: