Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 26, 2014, 02:13:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334852 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  POKéMON OMEGA RUBY & ALPHA SAPPHIRE
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Print
Author Topic: POKéMON OMEGA RUBY & ALPHA SAPPHIRE  (Read 5290 times)
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2014, 10:31:28 PM »

Usually when I find a Pokemon I don't like very much, the fanbase finds a way to make it look great in fan art. Delphox is a good example.

I considered the bipedal thing when I first saw Samurott, but after looking into it I knew I just didn't like the design very much. I like the idea, but I just think Dewott looks a lot better.
King_Tetiro
Grandpa Pixel

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2014, 03:16:17 PM »

Usually when I find a Pokemon I don't like very much, the fanbase finds a way to make it look great in fan art. Delphox is a good example.

I considered the bipedal thing when I first saw Samurott, but after looking into it I knew I just didn't like the design very much. I like the idea, but I just think Dewott looks a lot better.

Looking at that Delphox...DAMN!!! That is one mighty fine creature!

I would have been hyped for Ruby and Sapphire thought it was predicted by so many people that when it was announced, I was like "just what they predicted". Sometimes I do wonder, can the internet ruin things? :P

The game does look great though!
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2014, 03:19:05 PM »

I'm still in the middle of my White/Black game but I have to say: I chose my main team by looks only.
I'm a really shallow pokemon trainer.

and yes, that does include the very adorable Gardevoir
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 03:21:40 PM by Annubis » Logged
Der Jermeister

The Angry Videogame Fur

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2014, 07:49:53 PM »

I'm definitely behind on these games, and I really can't say I'm excited since I find occasional balance issues in the main Pokemon games, and actually preferred what of the spinoffs I played (just Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team).

Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2014, 09:49:19 AM »

So lets see if I got this right. They are now doing remakes of old pokemon games that ware essentially facelifts of older pokemon games and in pokemon tradition release them twice. Must be fun to be Nintendo.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 09:51:08 AM by Maxximum » Logged

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2014, 11:44:40 AM »

^ If anything, the Physical and Special split will fix Hoenn.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2014, 03:52:09 PM »

Lots of Hoenn was designed with phy/special not split in mind (Like Sceptile having higher Sp. Atk), so the phys/special split is nice thing to have in general, but it's not really going to fix Pokemon because it was never a balanced game, even from the beginning. Even in Gen 1 (Ignoring the 2 obvious intended gamebreakers) Tauros, Chansey, Snorlax, Exeggutor etc dominated everything else. If someone wants a well-balanced RPG it's definately not going to be Pokemon, heh.
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2014, 06:39:11 PM »

Pokemon has never been balanced - its never even tried to be balanced. So I don't really see this as an issue.

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2014, 08:34:55 PM »

Lots of Hoenn was designed with phy/special not split in mind (Like Sceptile having higher Sp. Atk), so the phys/special split is nice thing to have in general, but it's not really going to fix Pokemon because it was never a balanced game, even from the beginning. Even in Gen 1 (Ignoring the 2 obvious intended gamebreakers) Tauros, Chansey, Snorlax, Exeggutor etc dominated everything else. If someone wants a well-balanced RPG it's definately not going to be Pokemon, heh.

Don't forget about Alakazam and Psychic types in gen 1 in general. Weak to Ghost and Bug? Too bad Bug has all of two moves, both of which suck, on top of Ghost having one non-fixed/status effect attack that also crap, and then there's Dragon and all of its one move (which is also fixed damage).

At least they've made it so that you don't go lolBugGhostDragontypes or lolfuckyouIhavePsychic.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Der Jermeister

The Angry Videogame Fur

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2014, 09:09:35 PM »

I've mostly found using Pokemon with two types to be a bad idea as they're weaker to more enemy skills, and will concur that the series sometimes has balance issues.

pg.shadowrunner
The Spooniest Bard You Will Ever Meet.

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2014, 07:05:18 PM »

Sapphire Version was the first Pokemon game I actually played, so I am mega stoked for this. Though I might get Omega Ruby for the sake of variety...

I remember really wanting to play Soulsilver Version but then I didn't pick it up and now copies are going for $70-$100. *sigh*

I did not pass through fire and death to bandy crooked words with a witless worm.
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2014, 07:11:38 PM »

Sapphire Version was the first Pokemon game I actually played, so I am mega stoked for this. Though I might get Omega Ruby for the sake of variety...

I remember really wanting to play Soulsilver Version but then I didn't pick it up and now copies are going for $70-$100. *sigh*
At least GameStop sells them a little lower than the original price...if you go to the store in person.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
pg.shadowrunner
The Spooniest Bard You Will Ever Meet.

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2014, 07:20:49 PM »

At least GameStop sells them a little lower than the original price...if you go to the store in person.

I might have to look into that. Thanks! :)

I did not pass through fire and death to bandy crooked words with a witless worm.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2014, 08:52:43 AM »

http://gematsu.com/2014/05/nintendo-trademarks-delta-emerald-japan

Looks like we're gonna have to rename this thread "POKéMON OMEGA RUBY, ALPHA SAPPHIRE, & DELTA EMERALD" soon.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: May 29, 2014, 04:53:56 PM »

It's possible it's just a trademark and nothing will come of it, it seems kind of pointless to make a 3rd version remake unless they're going to deliberately withhold stuff like Rayquaza and the Battle Frontier from ORAS. That'd be pretty screwed up.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: