Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 10:26:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334688 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Wildstar
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Wildstar  (Read 1432 times)
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« on: May 09, 2014, 07:14:19 AM »

This one is in open beta for the next 9 days if anyone is interested. I haven't played enough yet to have any kind of opinion. Optimization is not quite there as of yet but its at least playable on my relatively modest rig.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 10:30:10 AM »

I am so stoked for this game. Played in some of the closed betas as a class I have no interest in playing when the game comes out. Don't want to have to wade through the same bits of content and bore myself before I can even get into the game. I love the combat, I love the path system, and I love the setting/aesthetic. I am REALLY excited for this one.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 01:02:21 PM »

I played it about a month ago for about an hour and I had enough.

Between the devspeaks and the 1 hour of playtime, I pretty much could tell it was going to be awesome.  I love the cartoony art.  The gameplay is fun.  PvP is fun.  They definitely still need to get some optimization stuff in there these last few weeks before launch but not a huge deal if they don't (just somewhat disappointing).  The new UI is so much better than the old one. The only thing I wasn't crazy about is the questing.  It's standard MMO questing but with the telecommunications aspect, quests kind of blur together and get a bit confusing. 

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Datastorm

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 01:10:11 PM »

Hello

Do any of you have any extra guest passes? Would like to try it out a little before I decided to make a dedicated go at it...

Thanks

doh
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2014, 02:39:22 PM »

Unfortunately, I don't believe there's a such thing at this point. I pre-ordered the game and got the physical version and don't have any such guest passes. I checked the contents of the digital deluxe addition, and that also doesn't say anything about guest passes.

All I can really offer unfortunately is my assurance that if you're looking for an online game with a lot of variety and diversity that's a bit on the challenging side, then you won't be disappointed by Wildstar.
Datastorm

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2014, 03:09:17 PM »

Unfortunately, I don't believe there's a such thing at this point. I pre-ordered the game and got the physical version and don't have any such guest passes. I checked the contents of the digital deluxe addition, and that also doesn't say anything about guest passes.

All I can really offer unfortunately is my assurance that if you're looking for an online game with a lot of variety and diversity that's a bit on the challenging side, then you won't be disappointed by Wildstar.

Okay, well thats weird, supposedly you were suppose to get 3 if you pre-ordered:

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/news/guest-passes/

doh
Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2014, 05:52:33 PM »

I have one.  I'll pm it to you.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2014, 06:57:05 PM »

I actually found mine and sent one to him, but if anyone else wants one just let us know.
Datastorm

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2014, 11:25:55 PM »

I actually found mine and sent one to him, but if anyone else wants one just let us know.

Okay I'll use yours then, thanks alot, really appreciate it.

doh
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2014, 12:20:35 AM »

Id be up for a guest pass if any are left.  I am really curious about this games housing, looks really cool.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2014, 12:57:32 PM »

I'll send you a PM Serene.

Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2014, 03:36:04 AM »

So what server are you guys on, if you dont mind me askin?

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2014, 09:34:31 AM »

My Exile Characters are on Caretaker, and my Dominion Characters are on Mikros
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2014, 06:20:05 AM »

So what's the current business model? Single purchase, subscription, microtransactions?

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2014, 09:36:23 AM »

Purchase + Subscription. I realize it's not everyone's favorite model, but the devs make it worth it. They plan (and so far have successfully implemented) to release an "Ultradrop" at the end of each month filled with loads of extra content. The end of the first month (last month) they released a drop with two new level 50 zones, a bunch of costume and decor stuff, and a plethora of general fixes. The drop at the end of this month has already been revealed to include a new PvP Battleground and a bunch of yet-to-be-announced content as well.

Plus if you find you're making a ton of money in the game, you can buy game time with in-game currency from other players thanks to the C.R.E.D.D system (This also works in the opposite direction, i.e. if you have extra cash you can buy game time and sell it to players in-game)
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: