Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2014, 11:59:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332727 Posts in 13632 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  "Nomura" promises great things for E3
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: "Nomura" promises great things for E3  (Read 996 times)
zodiar333

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: May 15, 2014, 06:53:33 AM »

Last tweet from nomura...

I know I say this a lot but I really mean it this time.
PLEASE BE EXCITED FOR E3!!! Your patience will be rewarded.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 09:34:48 AM »

Kingdom Hearts 4 teaser confirmed.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 09:35:44 AM »

Kingdom Hearts 4 teaser of the teaser confirmed.

fixed ;)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 09:58:33 AM »

XV's hype train is the worse train.
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 10:16:29 AM »

because of all the people with Noctis avatars dissing the XIII games xD?

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2014, 10:38:19 AM »

For 5 or 7 years I've seen Nomura do the same show with XV. Yes, the game has always looked promising but you don't build excitement the way him and SQEX has done for the game.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2014, 11:18:11 AM »

You mean he wouldn't promise 'not-great' things?!

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2014, 11:34:48 AM »

I've only joined the hype train last year, I was barely aware of Versus XIII until I became an internet addict a few years ago, I don't really feel the "burn".

I doubt Nomura is responsible for the endless delays anyway, those types of decisions come from higher ups. I doubt he chose to even show the game up before it was even more than a concept.

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2014, 03:10:56 PM »

New fashion label lined up to outfit FFXV's characters in, FFXV edition brand Potion drinks, and a Noctis plushie preorder bonus, confirmed.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2014, 08:02:30 PM »

You mean he wouldn't promise 'not-great' things?!

If he says that the minigames are gonna be terrible or obnoxious like in most FFs I would believe him.

I've only joined the hype train last year, I was barely aware of Versus XIII until I became an internet addict a few years ago, I don't really feel the "burn".

I doubt Nomura is responsible for the endless delays anyway, those types of decisions come from higher ups. I doubt he chose to even show the game up before it was even more than a concept.

Yeah, is not a big deal when a big project like XV gets drowned in development and business shenanigans for 8 years.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 10:04:37 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2014, 08:55:59 PM »

I keep thinking of some post-release commentary one of the Type-Zero devs made (wish I could remember the specifics or link...) where he admit that the team didn't really start working on Type-Zero until two years after it was announced.  I have a strong suspicion that FFXV is in a very similar situation, given that all we ever saw for years and years was just random pre-rendered trailers.  And there is plenty of evidence that they had a skeleton team at best for a good portion of its development cycle while most people worked on other stuff (like XIII).

It's a really weird situation because most publishers would never announce a game under those circumstances.  But I feel like the real problem was some marketing genius wanted to make a big deal out of the whole Fabula Nova Crystallis thing without first considering whether or not they had the team in place to actually make the games.  Is that development hell or just marketing hell?

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2014, 09:53:43 PM »

I keep thinking of some post-release commentary one of the Type-Zero devs made (wish I could remember the specifics or link...) where he admit that the team didn't really start working on Type-Zero until two years after it was announced.  I have a strong suspicion that FFXV is in a very similar situation, given that all we ever saw for years and years was just random pre-rendered trailers.  And there is plenty of evidence that they had a skeleton team at best for a good portion of its development cycle while most people worked on other stuff (like XIII).

It's a really weird situation because most publishers would never announce a game under those circumstances.  But I feel like the real problem was some marketing genius wanted to make a big deal out of the whole Fabula Nova Crystallis thing without first considering whether or not they had the team in place to actually make the games.  Is that development hell or just marketing hell?

Maybe the latter.

I think it was a "good" marketing tactic to announce this big, new, amazing Fabula Nova Crystallis SERIES (13, Agito, and Versus), but perhaps along the way were budget issues, internal struggles, other projects, development hell, and so on that may have turned it into "bad marketing" in the end.  At least, that's what I think.  Who knows how they operate.

Meanwhile, I'm happy to say my gaming excitement really only starts to hit me about a week or so before a new release is out.  Till then, it's a moderate "yay" (w/ no exclamation marks or caps) till it happens.  So much has been delayed this year alone, and in the field of JRPGs one has to wait for a localization announcement on top of JP release.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2014, 09:56:51 PM »

http://www.novacrystallis.com/2011/10/final-fantasy-type-0-interview-with-hajime-tabata-yoshinori-kitase-and-tetsuya-nomura/

And it wasn't a suspicion, Nourma has gone on record that his team was also throwing people at the development clusterfuck that was FFXIII development cycle instead of working on Versus (unfortunately, I can't seem to find that interview/statement).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2014, 10:29:32 PM »

The last time Nomura promised me something great I ended up needing a penicillin shot
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2014, 10:32:07 PM »

Real talk; It doesn't matter how much of a mess the original FNC project was. All that matters now from the perspective of the consumer is to see the damn thing in action, having actual details about the game itself and not promises or vague bullshit like it has been for years and a release date.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: