Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2014, 05:58:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331616 Posts in 13577 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  "Nomura" promises great things for E3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: "Nomura" promises great things for E3  (Read 935 times)
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2014, 11:56:17 PM »

Real talk; It doesn't matter how much of a mess the original FNC project was. All that matters now from the perspective of the consumer is to see the damn thing in action, having actual details about the game itself and not promises or vague bullshit like it has been for years and a release date.

How about it matters because I'm just curious about it?  Are we not allowed to talk about things unless they're "from the perspective of the consumer"?

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2014, 12:49:10 AM »

Is weird seeing some of you guys confused about the FNC thing given how part of the staff involved in the projects has explained the situation multiple times over the years. They know they fucked up more than once, but they do try to fix their errors and move forward.

The intention of making FNC as big as the Compilation of FFVII without being ready for the development of "HD titles" bite them in the ass big time. And XIV 1.0 didn't help matters either. It was all about a company not exactly knowing where the train was going and making promises ahead of time.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2014, 03:50:55 AM »

Is weird seeing some of you guys confused about the FNC thing given how part of the staff involved in the projects has explained the situation multiple times over the years. They know they fucked up more than once, but they do try to fix their errors and move forward.

The intention of making FNC as big as the Compilation of FFVII without being ready for the development of "HD titles" bite them in the ass big time. And XIV 1.0 didn't help matters either. It was all about a company not exactly knowing where the train was going and making promises ahead of time.

Also not helping things was the fact that FFXIII-1 became a 4+ year long directionless art project while they were in the process of getting their collective asses bit by "HD title" development until they realized that they needed an FFXIII-1 demo for that Advent Children redefinitive edition when it came out, at which point they bit the bullet, cobbled as much as they could cram into four XBox360 disks together with a quick and dirty Anime Logan's Run plot, then proceed to make the rest into FFXIII-2.

Though to be fair to Squeenix, it didn't help that Sony's PS3 was a clusterfuck to program for since it was pulling some serious hardware shenanigans to achieve its "futureproof 10 year lifespan" which Sony decided to not tell very many developers about (and the 360 was an afterthought anyways because lolHD-DVD/lolnobodyinjapanownsanxbox).

Of course, you'd think that Squeenix would've learned after that World of Mana compilation clusterfuck that compilations were by and large a collective waste of time and energy (at least they've learned it now).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2014, 09:25:41 AM »

Yeah, is not a big deal when a big project like XV gets drowned in development and business shenanigans for 8 years.

Whatever do you mean? It worked out great for Duke Nukem!

NOW PLAYING:
Violette: Charming, clunky, frustrating, rewarding.
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2014, 01:06:16 PM »

Yeah, is not a big deal when a big project like XV gets drowned in development and business shenanigans for 8 years.

As the king would say, you gotta have "Balls of STEEL" to take almost a decade to release a game and expect people to give anything close to half a shit.

TASTY!
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2014, 02:33:32 PM »

As the king would say, you gotta have "Balls of STEEL" to take almost a decade to release a game and expect people to give anything close to half a shit.

Too bad the King's been dethroned thanks to the legal shenanigans needed to finally get DNF out to begin with.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2014, 02:59:09 PM »

Too bad the King's been dethroned thanks to the legal shenanigans needed to finally get DNF out to begin with.
So THAT'S where jack went to after Mass Effect 3.

TASTY!
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2014, 05:41:39 AM »

Soooooo, how did these "great things" pan out.

NOW PLAYING:
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2014, 06:20:28 AM »

Soooooo, how did these "great things" pan out.

Last tweet from nomura...

I know I say this a lot but I really mean it this time.
PLEASE BE EXCITED FOR E3TGS!!! Your patience will be rewarded.

As I recall, I don't recall anything of note mentioned by SE except for more Tomb Raider (where Laura Croft tackles her greatest adventure yet, therapy) and Type-0's official localization announcement (just in time to illegitimatize all the work that went into the hot-off-the-presses fanslation).

Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2014, 07:15:20 AM »

I just hope that Final Fantasy Versus XIIIXV is actually a game and not one giant quicktime event.

NOW PLAYING:
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2014, 07:55:19 AM »

I just hope that Final Fantasy Versus XIIIXV is actually a game and not one giant quicktime event.

I wouldn't worry too much about that. I suspect it'll play a lot like a Kingdom Hearts game given that the primary team in charge of the game is the same one that does the KH games. It and the whole FFXIII debacle are the reasons why there hasn't been a KHIII yet. Though the smart money's on the plot being as impenetrably incomprehensible as the KH series's metaplot is.

Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2014, 08:06:47 AM »

I wouldn't worry too much about that. I suspect it'll play a lot like a Kingdom Hearts game given that the primary team in charge of the game is the same one that does the KH games. It and the whole FFXIII debacle are the reasons why there hasn't been a KHIII yet.

That's good to hear, I'd prefer a back to basics approach but I'd still rather have a re-skinned KH than another XIII.

Though the smart money's on the plot being as impenetrably incomprehensible as the KH series's metaplot is.

Its Final Fantasy, so I never really expected the story to be anything but that in the first place, though it would be nice if they laid off the faux French and other nonsensical terminology this time around.

NOW PLAYING:
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: