Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 12:44:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330133 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print
Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess  (Read 13282 times)
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2006, 02:04:18 AM »

Like Hidoshi said, it's just plain bs.

Controls might take a bit to get used to, but it feels natural later on. Yea, there is no actual camera control, but a quick press to Z changes your view so that works for me.

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2006, 02:10:39 AM »

The big problem with Z is that it will lock on - so if you want to see something straight ahead, but some enemy or person is nearby and it slams onto them instead, then you'll have to fight with moving around the enemy appropriately, or manually using the C button to look in the direction you want then back out, which is cubersome.
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2006, 02:26:26 AM »

You mean there isn't a hold option for Z-targeting on the Wii? That stinks.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2006, 02:34:50 AM »

Quote from: "Jimmy"

Huh? You can select to either hold the Z button, or just tap it to switch from locked to unlocked. In fact, it's defaulted to holding.
ZE GRAND MASTER

Don't Make Me "Self-Defense" You

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2006, 04:33:40 PM »

Quote from: "Hidoshi"
No, not in the least. These complaints come from the same people who butter their fingers before using the Wiimote and smash their TVs as a result.

Re: Fucking Idiots.

The complaint came from a reviewer in a magazine who always complains about even the slightest problems in every game - according to him, Golden Sun is the worst game in the universe just because there are pathetically easy battles every 2 minutes. So fucking idiots is the right word. :P
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2006, 07:54:30 PM »

Actually, now that I think about it, the item menu can be a pain int he ass if you're not using the cursor - you have to press the analog stick int he direction of the item, and that ring menu REALLY builds up at the game goes on. But unless he somehow didn't know about cursor functionality or just disabled it, he should've been able to just point at what he wanted.
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2006, 10:48:20 PM »

Quote from: "Eusis"
Quote from: "Jimmy"

Huh? You can select to either hold the Z button, or just tap it to switch from locked to unlocked. In fact, it's defaulted to holding.

...So what was the problem with potentially locking onto something then? But it's not like it matters to me as I'll be getting the Cube version in a few days.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2006, 10:52:22 PM »

I meant that with no camera control, if someone or something is around, rather than tapping Z and looking the direction I want, I'll look in the direction of the nearest lockable, and not straight ahead like I'd want. It's usually pretty minor though, and if I need to enough there's the C button option.
demifiend

eqrunnerguy
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2006, 02:29:09 PM »

Quote from: "ZE GRAND MASTER"
Quote from: "Hidoshi"
No, not in the least. These complaints come from the same people who butter their fingers before using the Wiimote and smash their TVs as a result.

Re: Fucking Idiots.

The complaint came from a reviewer in a magazine who always complains about even the slightest problems in every game - according to him, Golden Sun is the worst game in the universe just because there are pathetically easy battles every 2 minutes. So fucking idiots is the right word. :P

What magazine is that?

... You have created a demon of your heart's designs, fallen angel? Then doom shall set us apart... now and forevermore... -YHWH (?), Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Mass Effect (again!), Persona 3, Lost Odyssey
RECENTLY COMPLETED: Mass Effect, The World Ends With You
ANTICIPATING: Dragon Age, White Knight Chronicles, Wrath of the Lich King, Fallout 3
QUEUED: Lost track!
ZE GRAND MASTER

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2006, 04:36:32 PM »

NGamer. When they reviewed it years ago they called it "the best handheld rpg", but now apparently they all hate it. This seemed a bit odd to me.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2006, 02:36:49 AM »

Having beat it and thinking about it... I don't think this is my favorite Zelda game. It's one of the top three, with LttP and WW being the other two. And while this probably won't be my favorite Zelda, I do think it is the best as far as presentation goes.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2006, 01:03:25 AM »

For a Zelda game, there are surpsingly few replies here.  Seeing as how its only three pages long and has been out for a month, while a new Final Fantasy Tactics game has spun 3 message board pages in two days. =P

Whats going on, is the gaem really not all its cracked up to be??? =(

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2006, 01:10:34 AM »

Quote from: "Dice"

I think most people here are just more interested in something like Final Fantasy than Zelda, honestly. Plus it essentially just came out for the GC, yet is in limited supply for whatever reason. But, no, don't take this as a sign that it's 'not all it's cracked up to be'. It's a Zelda game, unless it's on a CD-i or you just plain hate Zelda, it's generally at least 'better than most other games'.
ZE GRAND MASTER

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2006, 10:31:18 AM »

It's not in any way short of supply over here. My local GAME had just as many copies of the gc version as it did of the Wii version. And this was the store that never once had a copy of FE 7, and has all but cleared its stock of new gc games... Shows the gamecube's not dead yet. :D
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2006, 02:06:58 PM »

Quote from: "Dice"

Oh it's as good as it was cracked up to be I think. Storywise it is a little lacking but, as Eusis said, as far as presentation goes it is the best in the series.

Anyway, I'm too busy playing it to make any more comments on it. Once I get it finished I'll give my total impressions.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: