Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 30, 2014, 11:34:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335181 Posts in 13725 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess  (Read 13425 times)
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2006, 01:10:12 PM »

Yeah, I went Zelda hunting earlier this week, to no avail.  I went all over the southern part of the state, even into hellpits still showing damage from the hurricane a year ago.  Guess I'm gonna have cross into Louisiana next time I go looking. :P

But Wal-Mart was showing a fucking trailer for it.  It pisses me off when they pimp things they don't even possess.

CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2006, 02:34:52 PM »

DR -  By all means, cross the border.  They have a bunch over here.  :)

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2006, 03:11:55 PM »

In response to the low supply of GC Zeldas:

I work at EB.  We had 38 preorders, we received 20 Zeldas.  We were restocked with another 5, so about 25 total.  Nintendo told us they don't even plan to make anymore copies of the game and that what we received is all we're getting.  So not only is it rare as hell to find, pre-orders weren't even filled.

It's small things like this that nobody notices Nintendo doing that annoys me.  It's clearly them promoting their new console and completely abandoning their loyal Gamecube consumers.  On top of the fact that this Zelda has been completely done for atleast a year already, they decide to delay the release of the GC version up to a month, and then only provide half the demand for the game.  It's almost unacceptable, imo.  But I'm not a big fan of the Wii anyways, so I'm definitely not buying one anytime soon, if ever.

Also, while im venting.  I think it's lame Link is right handed in the Wii version and left handed (as he's supposed to be) in the GC version.  Wtf?

CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2006, 03:42:38 PM »

Holy crap.  I'm so into my Wii it didn't occur to me DR was looking for the GC version.  Yeah, Gamestop online doesn't even have the GC version and amazon is selling it for ~$70.  That's insane.

As for the handedness of Link, I never noticed.  Heck it took me a year to notice one of my friends was left handed.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2006, 05:36:42 PM »

Quote from: "Masamune"
Nintendo told us they don't even plan to make anymore copies of the game and that what we received is all we're getting.

If that's the case, then I think this is possibly the single worst major video game release ever. Carts have the excuse of taking a lot of time, resources, and money to produce in the millions, smaller games may simply underestimate what the demand really is, and controversy usually strikes later or is nearly forgotten once the game is actually out (exception being Rule of Rose in Europe).

This? A victim in trying to popularize the new system... Right at Christmas time when everyone's trying to get presents and stuff, and said new system is sold the fuck out everywhere anyway, so they don't have much to gain anyway from such a limited print. Not to mention that they did that world mirroring and Wii control scheme /without an option to change/, so it really is worth getting the GC version in addition tot he Wii one, and just... Bleh. I hope they change their mind and at least get more of them out so it isn't going for a hundred or something on eBay just two monthes from now.
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2006, 06:10:09 PM »

*shrugs* no big deal to me, ive never really been a fan of the zelda games...and never really seen them as an rpg series, more of like I said in the other post, and action game with some rpg elements.  

Anywho, my friend will be extremely glad he got the last copy our walmart had of the GC version when I tell him this.  That is rather odd, that Nintendo, knowing it would sell them, would just ship out some, and then be like, "Ahh fuck it, lets stick to the Wii, no one will own a gamecube anymore."

*shrugs* sometimes game companies make me wonder.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2006, 06:24:03 PM »

Zelda to me has been, and always will be as far as the traditional games go, an Adventure series, or Action Adventure to differentiate from Graphic adventures. The adventure genre seems to be the most polluted genre in regards to what qualifies, but pretty much all the games I've seen described as such, like RE and Tomb Raider, share the common link of a strong focus on puzzle solving.

I mostly put it here because, unlike similar games like Okami (though that has something resembling EXP and RPG-like encounters), at least a good number of Action RPGs evolved Zelda's basic gameplay, or the combat systems at least, and it'd probably have just gotten moved anyway. Plus quite a few used Zelda as a stepping stone to actual RPGs. :P
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: December 20, 2006, 10:11:39 PM »

Quote from: "CluelessWonder"
DR -  By all means, cross the border.  They have a bunch over here.  :)

Really?  Well, I guess making a big drive is worth it for a new Zel-

Holy crap. I'm so into my Wii it didn't occur to me DR was looking for the GC version.

.......Goodbye, hopes and dreams. :(

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 22, 2006, 09:08:28 PM »

I saw an assload at my local Target just today. I'd look at local Targets and Walmarts and the like now, and see if they have the game.
Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: January 08, 2007, 11:23:54 AM »

I FINALLY got the GameCube version last night, after almost a month of not being able to find it anywhere except for Amazon vendors for 70 bucks. I didn't know how I was going to go in regards to this Zelda. I played the Wii version in-store long before I played the GameCube version. I loved the Wii version and was going to wait until I get a Wii in March to get the Wii Zelda. That is, until I played the GameCube version at my cousins. It's just better (In my opinion) on the Cube. Much easier to control and to assign items to hot buttons. Now, I'm still getting a Wii in March, but I'll have to figure out a different game to get for it.

As for the game itself, I just entered the Twight World, and this game is frigging AMAZING! It's actually "almost" as exciting as when I first popped in A Link To The Past for the first time back when it came out. To me, it seems like the developers of this game took some cues from ICO. From the washed out lighting effects to someof the gameplay (ulling chains, fighting shadow monsters) in the Twilgiht World.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: January 08, 2007, 04:43:06 PM »

I love how this game feels like the old Zelda I've come to love.  Great atmosphere as well.  I love the drastic improvement on the Zora species (from alien-fish to something actually nice to look at), the dark atmosphere of the twilight realm, and Mida is a KAJILLION times better than freaking Navi...that goes without saying of course.  Speaking that freaky language she does, she's just fun to lsiten to and watch.

Only drawback is the game is a smidge short and lacks exploration (although I didnt care too much for Wind Waker, the game was vast at least), as well as the fact that the game is kinda easy.  Lets face it, the drawback about the Zelda series is that the amount of hearts makes a HUUUUGE difference, making the beginning of each game pretty damn difficult but progressively easier as you get more hearts.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Bloodstar6078

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: January 10, 2007, 01:12:47 AM »

It's actually "almost" as exciting as when I first popped in A Link To The Past for the first time back when it came out.

Yeah, almost is the key word. TP did some things really well but I don't think it will top ALTTP and OOT as the best Zelda games in my opinion.

and Mida is a KAJILLION times better than freaking Navi...that goes without saying of course. Speaking that freaky language she does, she's just fun to lsiten to and watch.

Yeah, I told my friend Midna was cute and he gave me a weird look, lol. Seriously though, its a nice change from the "HEY! LISTEN!" I just wish you could lock onto enemies and get information about them like Navi did. I mean, its not like I really need it but I liked the feature.

As for my thoughts on the Twilight World, it was interesting in the beginning but it gets annoying after a while. And seriously, if you think about it it's pretty cliche. A world of washed out colors and black "Twilight" monsters? It just reminds me too much of both Lord of the Rings and Kingdom Hearts at the same time. I would have preferred the Dark World.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: