Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 09:08:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334486 Posts in 13702 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  2014 Kickstarter, Steam Greenlight, etc. thread. What's piqued your interest?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: 2014 Kickstarter, Steam Greenlight, etc. thread. What's piqued your interest?  (Read 3417 times)
King_Tetiro
Grandpa Pixel

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2014, 02:25:07 PM »

Hey guys!

Legena: Union Tides has now had its KickStarter launched! Please show your support :)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/971843557/legena-union-tides
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2014, 12:57:21 AM »

I find it interesting that this is making so much money:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sekaiproject/world-end-economica-complete?ref=discovery

Considering that, at least part 1, I thought was one of the most mediocre visual novels I've played.

trexrell
Kelt Warrior

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2014, 05:16:05 PM »

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sekaiproject/world-end-economica-complete?ref=discovery

Considering that, at least part 1, I thought was one of the most mediocre visual novels I've played.

Well the way kickstarter works helps. A lot of Americans love the heck out of anything Japanese, so people really went for that type of game for the art style and music. At least that is my theory.

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2014, 05:57:06 PM »

I don't feel like looking for the Wastelands 2 thread just yet, but I'll say that I read through PaleRobbie's preview of it, and I'm actually quite astonished. That was another one I was kinda skeptical on, but it sounds like they really might deliver. I never played the original Wastelands (sounds too old school for me. I can barely hold my own in the original Fallout), but on its own it seems like it'd be a pretty fun and interesting game.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2014, 09:14:49 PM »

Well the way kickstarter works helps. A lot of Americans love the heck out of anything Japanese, so people really went for that type of game for the art style and music. At least that is my theory.

It's an English visual novel on Steam.
daved

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2014, 07:02:16 PM »

Kickstarter is about all about marketing & getting media coverage.  Plenty of KS projects with excellent potential failed because the creators simply didn't have the marketing skills / fame / jouranlism connections / plain luck required to reach their funding goal.  Now, there's a guy that has raised over $50,000 to make potato salad
trexrell
Kelt Warrior

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2014, 10:05:33 PM »

There are very few rpgs on kickstarter at the moment except for those two post apocalyptic ones. It seems to be slowing down on kickstarter. I read October is suppose to be great for games on Kickstarter. With everything that is releasing that month I don't think its a good idea but I'm no expert lol.

Kickstarter is about all about marketing & getting media coverage.  Plenty of KS projects with excellent potential failed because the creators simply didn't have the marketing skills / fame / jouranlism connections / plain luck required to reach their funding goal.  Now, there's a guy that has raised over $50,000 to make potato salad

LOl, I saw that when it was just $10. I wonder what hes going to do with all of that.

daved

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2014, 02:34:34 PM »

Braven Arts -a tactical (J)RPG is currently active on Kickstarter. It has a really cool looking tactical turn-based battle system, lots of side quests, and a day / night schedule for NPCs.

Hard-West  - turn-based tactical strategy / RPG set in the Wild West

Age of Grit -a cRPG with a steampunk / Wild-West setting. I like how the steampunk aspect is an integral part of the gameplay and storyline, as opposed to being merely an aesthetic style that it is in a lot of "steampunk" rpgs; e.g., combat takes place on steam-powered airships. I also love their thoughts on RPG quests.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 10:20:58 AM by daved » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: