Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 10:32:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341214 Posts in 13945 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  I made a game: Ramble Planet
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I made a game: Ramble Planet  (Read 2081 times)
Willy Elektrix
Lord of the Sword

View Profile

Ignore
« on: May 23, 2014, 08:51:39 PM »

Hello folks. It's been a while since I posted, but I've stopped in once again for your important critical feedback. I've been developing a game called Ramble Planet using the OHRRPGCE game creation engine for about a year and half and have recently released the first complete version.

To summarize the game: Your spaceship has crashed on a planet that is both a hostile frontier and a trendy tourist destination. You need to search the world for parts to fix your ship and return home. The focus of the game is on exploration and discovery, but there are some streamlined RPG elements.

Its features include:

*Free-roaming exploration of a sprawling world.
*Numerous puzzles and secrets.
*3 playable alien races with unique agendas.
*Groovy original music.

You can download see screenshots and download the PC version here: http://www.slimesalad.com/forum/viewgame.php?t=6028. The PC version contains an illustrated instruction manual.

Or you can download the free Android version on Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ohrrpgce.rambleplanet

Please give Ramble Planet a try and tell me what you think. I've gotten really good advice from this forum in the past, and am looking forward any suggestions you might offer.

I hope you enjoy the game.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 09:39:01 PM »

Downloading it on Android now. :)

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Willy Elektrix
Lord of the Sword

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 08:16:50 PM »

Did anyone have a chance to play Ramble Planet yet? I'm looking forward to some interesting feedback.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 11:34:08 PM »

I have, but not a ton.  I like the graphics after an initial period of getting to know them.  I wished there was some manner of instructions... but at the same time, the whole thing is about diving in and just seeing what happens, so I also like the lack of instructions.

From a technical perspective, I seem to have trouble getting the action button to work.  The one on the right.   I'm on a Sony Xperia Z running Android 4.2.2.  (Seriously?  Man, I need to update my OS.)

—Kurt Vonnegut
Willy Elektrix
Lord of the Sword

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2014, 09:52:15 PM »

I have, but not a ton.  I like the graphics after an initial period of getting to know them.  I wished there was some manner of instructions... but at the same time, the whole thing is about diving in and just seeing what happens, so I also like the lack of instructions.

The PC version has a whole illustrated instruction manual, but I figure mobile users don't care about that. Maybe I'll have a brief set of instructions accessible from the menu then. Basically they would say 1) Here is what you are trying to do. 2) Here are what the buttons do. 3) Here is what the menu contains.

The graphic style mostly stems from my limited abilities. I know that it isn't ideal.

From a technical perspective, I seem to have trouble getting the action button to work.  The one on the right.   I'm on a Sony Xperia Z running Android 4.2.2.  (Seriously?  Man, I need to update my OS.)

Interesting. When you press it, does it not do anything, or does it trigger the left button instead? How frequently does this occur?
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2014, 10:00:19 PM »

It stopped doing anything a little after I started the game.  Sorry I can't be more specific. :(

—Kurt Vonnegut
Willy Elektrix
Lord of the Sword

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2014, 11:37:11 PM »

It stopped doing anything a little after I started the game.  Sorry I can't be more specific. :(

I will investigate further. That's that first I've encountered this bug. The right button is used for very little. Pretty much only for selecting things in menus. All of the characters and objects can be interacted with merely by running into them.
Willy Elektrix
Lord of the Sword

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2014, 09:04:14 PM »

From a technical perspective, I seem to have trouble getting the action button to work.  The one on the right.   I'm on a Sony Xperia Z running Android 4.2.2.  (Seriously?  Man, I need to update my OS.)

I just uploaded a new version of Ramble Planet to Google Play that should fix this bug. Thank you so much for noticing this so it could get resolved!

Ramble Planet is also now available on OUYA: https://www.ouya.tv/game/Ramble-Planet/
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 09:19:40 PM by Willy Elektrix » Logged
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2014, 09:35:27 PM »

Glad you found it despite my sketchy info. :)

—Kurt Vonnegut
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: