Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 27, 2014, 09:17:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329743 Posts in 13517 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The Scrying Pool - What's in store for the future? E3 2014 thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Print
Author Topic: The Scrying Pool - What's in store for the future? E3 2014 thread  (Read 1861 times)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2014, 09:12:34 PM »

Watching Sony conference. This is pretentious and silly.

imma go eat cereal out of a cantaloupe husk while my soul slowly dies.

--- edit ---

Destiny - The trailer talked about how Mercury transformed into a beautiful garden world. Howsabout a game where I get to just walk around exploring that instead? Maybe one where I can interact with the plants and animals?

Zombie Game - It's a zombie game.

Entwined - This looks pretty FIX YOUR MIC. Oh wait it's just some audiosurf, shit ffff.

LBP3 - FIX YER MIIIIC.

--- edit 2 ---

Farcry 4 looks pretty also YEY PARADOX.

--- edit 3 ---

Watching some sweaty fat guy have a stroke.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 10:20:52 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2014, 09:37:33 PM »

Destiny - The trailer talked about how Mercury transformed into a beautiful garden world. Howsabout a game where I get to just walk around exploring that instead? Maybe one where I can interact with the plants and animals?

I'm sure you know the answer to your questions.
kofvscapcom
Rereveagence

kofvscapcom
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2014, 10:02:57 PM »

That Dead Rising 3 DLC trailer was just a blast of old capcom nostalgia, can't believe they have a Tofu skin. Too bad it's Xbone and PC exclusive. Eh they showed some Witcher 3 stuff.

Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2014, 10:53:13 PM »

Very disappointed in Sony conference. Really the only Japanese game shown off is MGS, so yeah... not really too excited about the next year of Sony.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2014, 10:57:19 PM »

That Dead Rising 3 DLC trailer was just a blast of old capcom nostalgia, can't believe they have a Tofu skin. Too bad it's Xbone and PC exclusive. Eh they showed some Witcher 3 stuff.

It was hilarious at just how little fanfare that received during the conference.

Also Sony's conference was a technical mess, but at least its bro-ught the Brony.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2014, 11:00:04 PM »

No serious exclusives aside from the suda 51 game, the order, and that blood thing....oh and uncharted obviously. Yeah, Sony didn't really impress this year. Still, Ratchet and Clank movie is awesome,  Destiny looks amazing, playstation now open beta next month YAY, and a remastering of the first Ratchet and Clank is pretty cool. I'm pretty mad they went on a tangent about sony media shit, they knew firsthand how it looked when ms did it last year, it's obvious that it needs to be left away from the gaming aspects. Also, pretty depressed that the only rpg mentioned was Tales of Hearts R....that was a kick in the balls.

TASTY!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2014, 11:17:24 PM »

How is this 'small team' working on No Man's Sky managing to develop what they are showing? I mean, there are parts in where the game looks insane in the way they are presenting it.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2014, 11:45:58 PM »

Grim Fandango getting a console release is awesome.

Yous some jaded people.
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2014, 11:47:22 PM »

How is this 'small team' working on No Man's Sky managing to develop what they are showing? I mean, there are parts in where the game looks insane in the way they are presenting it.
That is my best of conference. It is the only thing that wowed me.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2014, 12:11:12 AM »

Yeah, the Sony conference was pretty disappointing for me.  There were some pretty-looking games but most of them just really didn't interest me.  The only big surprise was LBP 3, though I'm still not that excited about it.  Never really got into previous LBP games.

Bloodborne might be cool, but fuck if I actually learned anything about it from that trailer.  Then there's the Giant Squid thing...um, could be neat I guess.  I liked Journey, but that's partly because it felt so unique and that looks a bit like a Journey rip-off.

Any I still don't know what this PSN code I got is for.  I didn't feel like watching the post-conference talking heads so I left before they explained it...

Grim Fandango getting a console release is awesome.

Honestly that was the high point of the conference for me.  Should be great on the Vita.  Problem is that's still just a remake and there wasn't much else to be excited for.  Well, No Man's Sky looked cool but we've seen it already and it looked cool then too.

In the end attending the theater streaming event felt like a big waste of time.  Not only was the conference disappointing but the stream had issues at various points...come on, Sony, this was at one of your official locations.

Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2014, 12:22:42 AM »

CoD: Advanced WHOREfare or just shaddup and play Halo already without shields
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2014, 12:24:10 AM »

Bloodborne might be cool, but fuck if I actually learned anything about it from that trailer.

I saw people online complaining about CG trailers almost all day.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: June 10, 2014, 12:31:34 AM »

omg, im dead xD

Kev, sorry about your...sorta wasted trip.  Daresay I liked the safer MS conference a bit more.  I'm surprised Rockstar hasn't said anything...besides GTA5 port.  [Besides Nintendo] are there any other surprises we can still see?  Seperate company booths?   Cuuuz, I had really high hopes this year (I guess it doesn't help that half of everything gets revealed right before E3).
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 12:33:46 AM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: June 10, 2014, 12:39:43 AM »

Has Rockstar announced anything at E3 in recent memory? They're big enough to ... not need E3. Why share the spotlight?

I watched Sony live, watching Xbox now. Inquisition will rule.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: June 10, 2014, 12:58:04 AM »

Bloodborne might be cool, but fuck if I actually learned anything about it from that trailer.  Then there's the Giant Squid thing...um, could be neat I guess.  I liked Journey, but that's partly because it felt so unique and that looks a bit like a Journey rip-off.

I thought it kinda looked like Dark Souls: Demon Hunter Edition, but no actual gameplay. As for ABZU, that one's the Journey guys trying to make Journey 2.

I hadn't seen No Man's Sky prior to this so my thoughts on it during the conference consisted of thinking "God help Nintendo if that listing posted earlier in the thread turned out to be real and they didn't bring Star Fox back in the best loving way possible.". Qui and the Blind People (or whatever) looked to be the most interesting trailer of the day for me, with the Grim Fandango remake and the Tales of Hearts R mention as the runners up. That said, I was lol-ing at Sony's Free to Play segment (given how fucking expensive it is to actually play most F2P games), and I was both lol-ing and kinda pissed that, yep, Sony seems to be letting the Vita follow in its predecessor's footsteps (so stay tuned for when Japan goes fucking nuts and cranks out more RPGs for the damn thing than what even the PS2 ever saw and no one will even dare touch it).

That said, FFX totally made an appearance during the show....totally (in one of Sony's image menageries). At least Kingdom Hearts 2.5 had a two second clip shown during another of Sony's annual montages.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: