Nintendo live stream right now...
I can see why they went digital Highlights:
- Mii characters for Smash (3 classes; brawler, swordfighter, and gunners). Basically counters all the requests to put Reggie in the game, you can now put anyone (Epic Hitler Versus Jesus battle can finally happen). :P
- Skylander-esque toys for Nintendo characters it seems. Amiibo
! Work basically the same, but use the Wii U Tablet/Controller and can save data inside them[?]. Smash Bros. uses it (huh...remember the "figure" motif in melee and brawl?). I'm honestly scared of this and hope it isn't necessary. However, they actually look really high quality for collector's purposes. WHo the hell doesn't like toys? :P
- More on Yoshi Wool Ver.
...sure Kirby's Epic Yarn was already there, but it's still freaking cute because Yoshi noises. But being serious for a second, I feel like some of the SFX are the same.... Ah well, good news: There's co-op.
- Toad Game!!!
Captain Toad Treasure Tracker! Final-fucking-ly. EDIT (Thanks Klutz)
- ZELDA U
. !!!!!!!!!!!! :DDD IT'S BEAUTIFUL AND VAST!!! Open world[?] (started with a demo of Zelda's II "limited" idea of it). Looks like normal-ish scenery graphics, but the rest is cell shaded?
- New Pokemon Trailer shows legendaries!
- New Bayonetta Trailer!!! New character. I'm digging Bayonetta's wing abilities. Bayonetta collaboration with...Nintendo outfits??? (Link and Samus-inspired outfits)
Bayonetta 1 getting a re-release!
- Hyrule Warriors information. Shows off some bosses (Dodango, Argorok). 2P uses the TV for a player and the Wii Controller Screen.
Out over here Sept 26
- Kirby Wii U Canvas Curse! Otherwise known as FINALLY A NEW CANVAS CURSE.
Goes for a "putty/clay" theme.
- Xenoblade trailer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cat people? Riki-type people are back. Characters are finally shown other than the fella from the first trailer.
Graphics look like they took a bit of a hit... but well, just about anything is a step up from the muddy mess that was Xenoblade on the Wii and I loved it enough then anyways.
...what the fuck? It's going to be called "Xenoblade Chronicles X [Cross?]" here... Yeah um, sell that brand.
- Mario Maker is Real!!!! (I can only imagine the fan base blowing up for some awesome levels on this.... this is a great idea). Play in NES style or Wii U style (i.e. updated graphics or retro)
- Squid-Person Paintball game??? You can turn into a squid (that travels and swims really fast through paint-ink), but switching to a human makes you shoot the paint-ink
- "Pallutena Alights", she's is finally joining Smash! We all win and rejoice! (*Possibly* hinting Dark Pitt too... He "crashed" the trailer for no apparent reason)
- Miyamoto playing a particularly Star Fox-y looking game... but he just said "thanks for joining".... HMMMMMMMMMM. >:/
- "Mario" Party 10... Bowser-focused
(By the way, most of the stuff releases 2015 D: )
You know, I actually liked the digital demo... Less chance of them fucking up or saying something stupid or having awkward pauses (I think Nintendo got a bit scared after the Skyward Sword fiasco). And how, the "live demo" after for the Amiibo had trouble cutting to the next guy.
Other than that, and for me personally, I think Nintendo "won" E3 with good variety, old classics, and avoiding a more explicitly "new" Mario title.