Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 25, 2014, 09:49:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327406 Posts in 13405 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The Scrying Pool - What's in store for the future? E3 2014 thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Print
Author Topic: The Scrying Pool - What's in store for the future? E3 2014 thread  (Read 1496 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: June 10, 2014, 02:51:21 AM »

What did Yggdrasil learned from this E3? While a stream is going people like to be as negative as they can because they have issues or some fun stuff like that, some gamers out there have personal problems with CG trailers, and looking back Microsoft surprisingly had the best conference in Day 0.

---

Shigeru Miyamoto to show off new projects in Nintendo Treehouse Livestream -- Nintendo of America, Twitter
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: June 10, 2014, 08:44:12 AM »

I find most of the snark during the E3 streams is mostly out of love, friendly rib-jabbing and whatnot. Then again, maybe that's just the optimist in me.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2014, 11:51:06 AM »

I think Sony's Conference was probably the best of the day. EA's was definitely the worst. Microsoft came at a close third, but the Rainbow Six Siege gameplay just made me squeal in excitement. The highlights of Microsoft's was the Sunset Overdrive gameplay for sure! That game looks awesome, and it helps that I am a huge Insomniac fan. It was a really tight conference, but I was never surprised or totally excited. Sony's got me pumped for LBP 3, The Order, and Uncharted 4. Overall 2015 looks like it'll be a good year for all gamers. Edit: Also the Master Chief Collection excites the Halo fan in me! I'm excited for some Halo 2 multiplayer!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 11:54:34 AM by Bleaker » Logged

Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Weep, and you weep alone.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2014, 12:01:21 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCZ734RshPA
Nintendo live stream right now...
 I can see why they went digital

Highlights:

- Mii characters for Smash (3 classes; brawler, swordfighter, and gunners).  Basically counters all the requests to put Reggie in the game, you can now put anyone (Epic Hitler Versus Jesus battle can finally happen). :P

- Skylander-esque toys for Nintendo characters it seems.  Amiibo!  Work basically the same, but use the Wii U Tablet/Controller and can save data inside them[?].  Smash Bros. uses it (huh...remember the "figure" motif in melee and brawl?).  I'm honestly scared of this and hope it isn't necessary.  However, they actually look really high quality for collector's purposes.  WHo the hell doesn't like toys? :P

- More on Yoshi Wool Ver. ...sure Kirby's Epic Yarn was already there, but it's still freaking cute because Yoshi noises.  But being serious for a second, I feel like some of the SFX are the same....  Ah well, good news: There's co-op.

- Toad Game!!! Captain Toad Treasure Tracker!  Final-fucking-ly.  EDIT (Thanks Klutz)

- ZELDA U. !!!!!!!!!!!! :DDD  IT'S BEAUTIFUL AND VAST!!!  Open world[?] (started with a demo of Zelda's II "limited" idea of it).  Looks like normal-ish scenery graphics, but the rest is cell shaded?

- New Pokemon Trailer shows legendaries!

- New Bayonetta Trailer!!!  New character.  I'm digging Bayonetta's wing abilities.  Bayonetta collaboration with...Nintendo outfits???  (Link and Samus-inspired outfits)
Bayonetta 1 getting a re-release!

- Hyrule Warriors information.  Shows off some bosses (Dodango, Argorok).  2P uses the TV for a player and the Wii Controller Screen.
MIDNA PLAYABLE!
ZELDA PLAYABLE?!
Out over here Sept 26

- Kirby Wii U Canvas Curse! Otherwise known as FINALLY A NEW CANVAS CURSE.
Goes for a "putty/clay" theme.

- Xenoblade trailer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cat people?  Riki-type people are back.  Characters are finally shown other than the fella from the first trailer.
Graphics look like they took a bit of a hit... but well, just about anything is a step up from the muddy mess that was Xenoblade on the Wii and I loved it enough then anyways.
...what the fuck?  It's going to be called "Xenoblade Chronicles X [Cross?]" here...  Yeah um, sell that brand.

- Mario Maker is Real!!!! (I can only imagine the fan base blowing up for some awesome levels on this.... this is a great idea).  Play in NES style or Wii U style (i.e. updated graphics or retro)

- Squid-Person Paintball game???  You can turn into a squid (that travels and swims really fast through paint-ink), but switching to a human makes you shoot the paint-ink
Splatoon!

- "Pallutena Alights", she's is finally joining Smash!  We all win and rejoice!  (*Possibly* hinting Dark Pitt too... He "crashed" the trailer for no apparent reason)

- Miyamoto playing a particularly Star Fox-y looking game... but he just said "thanks for joining".... HMMMMMMMMMM. >:/

- "Mario" Party 10... Bowser-focused

(By the way, most of the stuff releases 2015 D: )

You know, I actually liked the digital demo...  Less chance of them fucking up or saying something stupid or having awkward pauses (I think Nintendo got a bit scared after the Skyward Sword fiasco).  And how, the "live demo" after for the Amiibo had trouble cutting to the next guy.

Other than that, and for me personally, I think Nintendo "won" E3 with good variety, old classics, and avoiding a more explicitly "new" Mario title.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 01:36:59 PM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2014, 01:06:56 PM »

@Dice: The Toad game is actually an expanded mini-game from Mario 3D World.

I mentioned on my twitter feed that Nintendo is just in another category as other presenters at E3. They really just care about making fun products, and their E3 presentation highlighted that perfectly. Not so sure about the Pay 2 Win nature of the Amiibo toys, but whatever. Actually, a genuine concern of mine for Amiibo is the size of the figures. Little kids tend to lose their toys quite easily, so you would think they'd make them just a little bit larger.

My jaw *literally* dropped down when they showed that screenshot of Hyrule Field. Best moment of E3 so far, hands down.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2014, 01:10:16 PM »

Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third is exclusive for Wii U.

Can't say I saw that one coming.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2014, 01:44:12 PM »

The Robot Chicken Nintendo Special. The "leaked" image linked earlier in the thread was indeed fake, which unfortunately means no SMTxFE. Still watching Hyrule getting blown the fuck up was hilarious, Toad finally getting his own game means that all four SMB2 characters have now had their own game to platform in, I guess we're now calling it Xenoblade Chronicles X or something, but whatever we're calling it, those acronyms were terrible, and Splatoon actually looked interesting.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2014, 01:48:28 PM »

That Toad game looks fun but holy shit is that an annoying character.
ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: June 10, 2014, 02:02:09 PM »

The Robot Chicken Nintendo Special. The "leaked" image linked earlier in the thread was indeed fake, which unfortunately means no SMTxFE. Still watching Hyrule getting blown the fuck up was hilarious, Toad finally getting his own game means that all four SMB2 characters have now had their own game to platform in, I guess we're now calling it Xenoblade Chronicles X or something, but whatever we're calling it, those acronyms were terrible, and Splatoon actually looked interesting.

yeah, so sad no SMTxFE and DQVII...Oh well. Guess that just means less games for the back log. I would have really, really liked DQVII though. There's always next year...right?
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: June 10, 2014, 02:19:49 PM »

For me, Nintendo won this E3. Most companies take themselves too serious if you ask me, but Nintendo decided to just have fun with their presentation. Instead of going for the bullshit PR speeches filled with soon to be broken promises, they just show what they want to show and it works. I love how they actually talk about game design here and there and explain why they made certain choices. And most importantly: they make me want to play their games. My most common reaction to E3 press conferences is: nice trailer, I guess?

BTW so much yarn in the background! I want it! I want the pretty colours and knit nice things O_O
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: June 10, 2014, 02:25:30 PM »

For me, Nintendo won this E3. Most companies take themselves too serious if you ask me, but Nintendo decided to just have fun with their presentation. Instead of going for the bullshit PR speeches filled with soon to be broken promises, they just show what they want to show and it works. I love how they actually talk about game design here and there and explain why they made certain choices. And most importantly: they make me want to play their games. My most common reaction to E3 press conferences is: nice trailer, I guess?

BTW so much yarn in the background! I want it! I want the pretty colours and knit nice things O_O

I really want that wool-knit Yoshi... so so so cute!!!

But seriously, I agree.  Nintendo WAS about having fun and why decisions were made (exactly like you said).  Hell, even the Robot Chicken toy animation didn't seem silly or out of line because it matched the presentation's own emphasis.
I got so tired of MS and Sony going on about their brand as this "meaningful journey about their character" (Halo was really guilty for this, but I do get that their brand has to tell a different story than say Mario and the adventures of his whacky friends), or demonstrating the power of their system, or trying to show off their title's 'gravitas' to the WHOLE of gaming...bah.  That's all well and good, but it definitely made Nintendo's own presentation stand out better by comparison, IMO.

ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: June 10, 2014, 02:43:11 PM »

I am very intrigued in captain toad. haha for whatever reason, Toad has always been my go to character whenever he was available.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: June 10, 2014, 02:45:32 PM »

I am very intrigued in captain toad. haha for whatever reason, Toad has always been my go to character whenever he was available.

On that note, I don't know anyone who mains "Mario" when someone else is available.

Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: June 10, 2014, 02:52:27 PM »

I will be sorely disappointed if Mario isn't at the end of every level to tell toad that the princess isn't there.

That Toad game looks fun but holy shit is that an annoying character.

If I pick Toad in mariokart it's solely to annoy people when I pass them with the Nelson laugh.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: June 10, 2014, 02:56:48 PM »

I was hoping they'd announce a Mario Galaxy HD bundle for Wii-U. I've been holding out for one

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: