Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 03:30:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335280 Posts in 13727 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The Scrying Pool - What's in store for the future? E3 2014 thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print
Author Topic: The Scrying Pool - What's in store for the future? E3 2014 thread  (Read 2426 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: June 11, 2014, 10:37:08 PM »

"We last heard of a new Dragon Quest in April, where Horii said that Square Enix is making "the next" game, but wasn't clear about whether it was Dragon Quest XI."

It was pretty obvious back then that they were working on DQXI.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: June 12, 2014, 01:47:23 AM »

So you know that special code I mentioned getting for attending Sony's event?  I tried to redeem it but the site says the deadline has expired...

I mean for christ sake it hasn't even been two days since I got this thing.  E3 is still ongoing.  There is zero mention of any kind of deadline on the actual card with the code.  What kind of bullshit is this?

its possible it hasnt been activated yet.

O_O
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=835985
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 03:48:56 AM by Alisha » Logged

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: June 12, 2014, 07:19:57 AM »

So you know that special code I mentioned getting for attending Sony's event?  I tried to redeem it but the site says the deadline has expired...

I mean for christ sake it hasn't even been two days since I got this thing.  E3 is still ongoing.  There is zero mention of any kind of deadline on the actual card with the code.  What kind of bullshit is this?

its possible it hasnt been activated yet.

O_O
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=835985

Dang... but I bet we'll be shooting the same 3 bad guys over and over. But they'll look fantastic!
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: June 12, 2014, 07:35:02 AM »

If you ever get bored, you can count their pores.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: June 12, 2014, 04:48:44 PM »

I'm not too surprised to be honest. I mean, for years now Naughty Dog has demonstrated that they are capable to do some of the most visually appealing games for consoles.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: June 15, 2014, 03:30:47 AM »

So with E3 over and after taking a time to think about the stuff that was shown/announced this is what I have to say about it:

While I'll probably gonna put an insane amount of time into Bloodborne, MGSV, The Evil Within and Uncharted 4 Multiplayer, at the end of the day I feel that the Wii U really is gonna end up having some of the most fun and maybe unique games this generation.

Still, a bit early to say that but I see the Wii U as this console that is gonna have games me and others are gonna go back to because the games are not trying to be about this dense pretentious narrative that leaves the part of the game behind or complex mechanics that with time might become dated as hell. It just a bunch of well made games that endure the test of time and are fun and aware of what they are.

Time will tell, but at least right now that's whole I feel after thinking a bit about Nintendo and the other big companies at E3 this year. Dunno if you guys have anything to say. This E3 was interesting because it put a lot of things in perspective for me.

Yeah not really, FFXII is my least favorite FF game. It gets zero dere from me and 100% tsun.

Was checking the thread and I saw I never end up replying to this post. :T

Ranadiel, I never said that you guys went Tsundere over XII. I said FF as in the series.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: June 15, 2014, 11:34:18 AM »

You know, I think the best thing we saw from this year's E3 wasn't any game in particular, but the way that Nintendo actually showcased their stuffs through that Treehouse Livestream. Contrast any game they showed during that with the trailers for AssCreed or Rainbow 6 and you can feel the difference. With Nintendo's presentation, every game shown (save for Zelda U) was actually being played by real people trying out things that any player would try (like hiding in an ink spot on a wall in Splatoon or seeing some crazy stage designs come together in Mario Maker), while the latter two, even as they showcased their stuffs through actual gameplay as well, was heavily scripted in how the game was played (the assassin comes across some side quests and a battle or two on his way to his objective with his pals showing up just in time to tackle said objective/the swat squad's infiltration started to fall apart as member after member is picked off while the remaining members also pick off opponent after opponent until there's only one of each left as the clock clicks down to the wire).

So many recent E3s have very rarely ever shown real gameplay during the many conferences, and so many recent E3s simply ended on Tuesday with the last of the year's announcements while we gamers wait for the game journalism sites to provide whatever impressions they can (or feel like providing). I honestly feel that this is the direction future E3s should take.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: June 15, 2014, 12:04:36 PM »

I agree, I wouldn't be surprised if MS and Sony follow suit next year, the Treehouse bit was a brilliant idea and I think there's a lot to talk about/ a lot of hype just because they showed things off the way they did.

I still think the Wii U is under a ton of pressure and still has a LOT to prove... But Nintendo really is digging back up out of the hole they made.

I'd argue things are looking brighter for the Wii U.... (more than the Vita presented anyways)

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: June 15, 2014, 12:33:18 PM »

(more than the Vita presented anyways)

There was a Vita presentation?

I guess it had more coverage than that one Microsoft device that kept showing up during the E3s of the past few years that nobody liked. Can't seem to remember the namect of kit though.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: June 22, 2014, 01:11:58 PM »

Matt Lees has most of his annual E3 Abridged videos done, including the "Call of Duty Trailers Olympics." All of them, as usual, are hilarious.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: