Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 26, 2014, 01:32:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334852 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  The Helper Monkey
| | |-+  Dice relents: Vita questions
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Dice relents: Vita questions  (Read 997 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: April 28, 2014, 11:02:35 PM »

Alright. 

SO, Vita slim is going to drop soon, and I have trades to make the damage not too damaging. 
Better yet, a bundle is coming out: The Borderlands 2 bundle is $200 with an 8gb memory card.

1) Does this sounds like an OK deal?  Skeptics and current owners welcome (and ideal) to answer
2) Is crossplay easy enough?  I won't lie I'm getting the system for mostly PSN titles right now.  Is there a lot available?
3) Is there a joint account with the PS3 system?  I cursed a great deal at the 3DS and WiiU for this... they've made it better at least.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 11:15:45 PM »

1) It is a good deal because I bought the original VITA last month for 200 bucks and it did not come with a memory card or free game. I love my VITA and the slim version not having the nice OLED screen was the reason I bought the original instead of waiting. Many people agree with that sentiment. Up to you. The Slim version has better battery life and it is lighter, but honestly I think the VITA was already light enough. The slim might be too light.

2) Crossplay is different for each game. For FFX HD for example, you have to upload your file from the main screen of FFX on the VITA to the server and then login to your PS3 and download the record to the PS3 through the main screen of FFX again. You have to upload the PS3 data to the server and download it to the VITA the same way to play it on the VITA again. It can be a process sometimes. Any PSN games you have purchased on the PS3 can be downloaded to your VITA free of charge. They have the same games on their stores as far as I know. To transfer files back and forth for PSN titles for instance will be completely different than FFX. You have to use the data management tool on both systems and put a code in so they can link with each other and then transfer the data. On the VITA each PSN game makes its own memory card too so you don't have limited blocks on virtual PS1 games like on the PS3. It's annoying though because you end up with a ton of memory cards on your VITA data page.

3) Not sure what you mean about join account, but I think I covered that in the last paragraph. Once you sign into the store with your PSN account anything you have bought on the PS3 can be downloaded for free on the VITA.

FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 12:01:58 AM »

Piggybacking off this topic... if the Wi-Fi and 3G models are at the same price (they are here pre-owned, at the moment) - is 3G the only difference? And is there any reason to not get that model, even if I'd probably never use the capability?

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 10:25:23 AM »

Yes. The 3G model requires that you connect it with a carrier, whereas the Wi-Fi model does not.
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 07:10:15 PM »

Ah, glad I asked! Thanks Klutz!

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2014, 11:58:30 PM »

Thanks much to the both of you. :)

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
PrismFlux
RPGFan Editor

Destroy the Facade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2014, 04:12:47 PM »

Yes. The 3G model requires that you connect it with a carrier, whereas the Wi-Fi model does not.
My Vita has 3G capability and it does not require a carrier contract--I only use it with WiFi.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2014, 06:35:22 PM »

Yeah this is incorrect. You do not need to have a carrier subscritpion to use your 3g vita, only if you wanna use it through a 3g service such as At&t in the US. Matter of fact, when I called them about a pricing rqte for it I was told I could just use my phone's mobile hotspot functionality which offered better connectivity and speed and didn't cost me anything extra....so yeah, fuck the 3g model.

TASTY!
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2014, 01:07:07 AM »

The vita rules and I love it. The display makes my eyes hurt from the colors.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: