Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 04:21:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332823 Posts in 13638 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  [Fallout 1] Retrospective
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: [Fallout 1] Retrospective  (Read 1251 times)
Back2Basics

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: May 30, 2014, 11:45:51 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sImV92PP4Q

I appreciate all the games in the Fallout franchise but like a good amount of fans i only knew of fallout from fallout 3 and new vegas but when i discovered they were other games before that I had to try it out, I did not know that I would embrace the first 2 fallout games and they became some of my favorite games of all time... This is a video on the first fallout game

no matter how i feel about fallout 3 ( I dont hate it ..just my least favorite fallout game... that does not mean I think it is bad though) , I have to thank Bethesda because if it was not for Fallout 3 I would never have discovered the fallout games that came before it.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 12:27:08 AM »

OK.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2014, 03:32:06 AM »

Ham Sandwich retrospective

I appreciate all of the sandwiches commonly offered by delis, but like a good number of sandwich fans I only knew about ham sandwiches from more complex offerings but when I discovered that there were other sandwiches I had to try them out, I did not know that I would embrace ham and turkey sandwiches and they became some of my favorite sandwiches of all time... This is a video on the basic ham sandwich.

And holy shit was that ever a run-on sentence.

No matter how I feel about pastrami on rye (I don't hate it...it's just my least favorite sandwich...that does not mean it's bad, though), I have to thank delis everywhere because if it were not for pastrami on rye I would never have discovered the basic ham sandwich.

Which is kind of weird when you think about it.

And reubens are friggin awesome.  Visit my youtube channel.

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2014, 06:32:56 AM »

I appreciate all of the sandwiches commonly offered by delis, but like a good number of sandwich fans I only knew about ham sandwiches from more complex offerings but when I discovered that there were other sandwiches I had to try them out, I did not know that I would embrace ham and turkey sandwiches and they became some of my favorite sandwiches of all time... This is a video on the basic ham sandwich.

No matter how I feel about pastrami on rye (I don't hate it...it's just my least favorite sandwich...that does not mean it's bad, though), I have to thank delis everywhere because if it were not for pastrami on rye I would never have discovered the basic ham sandwich.

Ew, ham sandwiches.

Peanut Butter+Banana is clearly the best option in all situations.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2014, 06:48:13 AM »

Ew, ham sandwiches.

You good sir are quite insane. The ham sandwich is the greatest sandwich in existence! Combining ham and swiss cheese is one the greatest inventions that mankind has ever made! To deny that is to deny the very essence of humanity! As such, you are clearly a lizard person as no one else would dare to deny their humanity to such an extent.
Der Jermeister

The Angry Videogame Fur

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2014, 01:03:28 PM »

I couldn't really get into the first Fallout game since there tended to be terrible direction on how to advance the main plot, and was content with running out the in-game time limit.

Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2014, 02:01:28 PM »

There was an in-game time limit?

I loved Fallout 1.  So much.  My issue was that I got pretty far in and saved myself into a combat situation where I couldn't save my dog from dying.  So I started over.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2014, 04:15:18 PM »

Ew, ham sandwiches.

You good sir are quite insane. The ham sandwich is the greatest sandwich in existence! Combining ham and swiss cheese is one the greatest inventions that mankind has ever made! To deny that is to deny the very essence of humanity! As such, you are clearly a lizard person as no one else would dare to deny their humanity to such an extent.

Paint me as crazy as Cyril... Peanut butter + (insert anything) = the best

However, I will say, in all my wisdom and experience on the matter... to truly level up your Peanut Butter sandwich, you must slice a donut in half instead of using bread.  Consider adding a scoop or two of ice cream to really kill it.

Fallout....???? Whats that?

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2014, 04:28:25 PM »

^ I'm pretty sure at some point that stops being a sandwich.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2014, 04:32:39 PM »

Yeah, that sounds like dessert...

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2014, 06:25:02 PM »

There was an in-game time limit?

I loved Fallout 1.  So much.  My issue was that I got pretty far in and saved myself into a combat situation where I couldn't save my dog from dying.  So I started over.

There were two time limits. The second one was patched out. The first one was left in -- you have like 150 days to find the water chip -- but it's hard to hit this because, unless you're REALLY screwing around or made a character with no int/personality, a couple NPCs in Shady Springs direct you to Junktown and the Hub, and the Hub directs you to the area where you find the chip.

wrt dogmeat, you can't tell him to stay outside during the last dungeon, so it's REALLY hard to keep him alive. I managed to by getting him stuck behind a one-way door, so the Master left him alone.

... Man, Fallout 1 was one of the few games I bothered finishing. Being really short helped.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 07:26:16 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2014, 07:18:40 AM »

Ew, ham sandwiches.

Paint me as crazy as Cyril... Peanut butter + (insert anything) = the best

However, I will say, in all my wisdom and experience on the matter... to truly level up your Peanut Butter sandwich, you must slice a donut in half instead of using bread.  Consider adding a scoop or two of ice cream to really kill it.

Fallout....???? Whats that?
Great I'm surrounded by lizard people with no taste.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2014, 07:49:11 AM »

Did I mention I like reubens?  Man, just talking about reubens makes me crave a reuben.  Greatest sandwich ever.

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2014, 09:51:51 PM »

corned beef or pastrami plz
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2014, 11:10:15 PM »