Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2014, 12:00:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
337941 Posts in 13835 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  [Fallout 1] Retrospective
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: [Fallout 1] Retrospective  (Read 1434 times)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2014, 09:28:39 PM »

I enjoy a good manhattan clam chowder personally, or a homemade chicken noodle with nice big pieces of carrot and potato.

I once was at a yacht club and they had made a huge barrel full of manhattan clam chowder. Never tasted a better soup to this day.

TASTY!
DrGonzo

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2014, 01:37:51 AM »

... Man, Fallout 1 was one of the few games I bothered finishing. Being really short helped.

How long is Fallout 1? I started it a couple of months ago and I haven't gotten back to it since. I think it's better than Fallout 3 in terms of how much variety there was in combat in how more strategy is involved in it.
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2014, 05:45:24 AM »

... Man, Fallout 1 was one of the few games I bothered finishing. Being really short helped.

How long is Fallout 1? I started it a couple of months ago and I haven't gotten back to it since. I think it's better than Fallout 3 in terms of how much variety there was in combat in how more strategy is involved in it.

Depends on how much you know about what you're doing. If I remember right you can speed run it in about 12-minutes. If you wanna run around and tag most of the towns and do about maybe half the questing I'd say you could get it done in roughly 4-6 hours. If you have nooooo idea where you're going, how to build, ect. Could easily get 2-3 solid days of nonstop playing counting repeats.

Then there's the replay factor. Different builds, being good/bad, the non-canon alternate ending, ect.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2014, 08:23:45 PM »

You can probably do most of the stuff in it in about 15 hours -- I won't say 100% because there are a few sidequests that are either really obscure or not really viable with certain builds -- I didn't do the fighting? stuff in Junktown 'cause my dude wasn't a fist dude -- but you can ploughwgh through it in like a week of moderate play.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: