Author Topic: iTunes Store

Andrew

• Administrator
    • View Profile
iTunes Store
« on: August 12, 2014, 09:58:14 PM »
So I've never used iTunes, but I wanted to buy some individual music tracks off it. Couple of questions:

1) Does it give me the file? I'm not interested in using iTunes as my music player, so can I buy it from there then move the file around as I wish?

2) Is all the music on the iTunes store legit? I was looking at some Jpop stuff, and a few look like they had just been uploaded by any random individual, rather than the proper recording company.

Taelus

• Some music guy
  • Editor Emeritus
  • You're gonna have a bad Turnabout.
    • View Profile
Re: iTunes Store
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 10:41:30 PM »
You can convert it from iTunes format to MP3, then you don't have to use it either. I do the same thing, because I megaloathe iTunes.

As far as I know there's a vetting process for everyone who publishes for-sale music on iTunes, so you should be safe.
Friends, waffles, work. Or waffles, friends, work. Doesn't matter, but work is third.

Andrew

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 11:05:43 PM »
Thanks Stephen! What do you use for the converting?

Taelus

• Some music guy
  • Editor Emeritus
  • You're gonna have a bad Turnabout.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 11:15:48 PM »
You can just right click the files in the iTunes library and hit "Convert to MP3"
Friends, waffles, work. Or waffles, friends, work. Doesn't matter, but work is third.

Andrew

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2014, 11:21:28 PM »
Oh awesome. Thanks!

Andrew

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2014, 11:49:20 PM »
Very detailed! Thanks Wild.

Wild Armor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2014, 11:52:54 PM »
No Problem! It took a bit to find out that you have to go into preference and import settings to actually have 'Create MP3" show up. I think by default iTunes is set for AAC/AIFF or something along those lines?

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • Tactically Engaged in Espionage Action
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2014, 09:23:53 AM »
I'm going to hijack this thread to ask my own iOS question... anyone know if you can permanently delete games and apps from your account history? Sometimes I like to redownload stuff I deleted, but it means going through the myriad of games I downloaded to try and hated.
My Blog - It's about gaming stuff. You can read it if you want. No pressure. I mean, there's a link there you just have to click on, but... y'know... whatever.
Current Post: Grand Re-re-r-e-re-opening!

Mickeymac92

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2014, 11:56:45 AM »
I hope not, that'd be dangerous for Apple considering how many stupid people there are. The "Purchased" page is searchable, though, if you know what you're looking for.

I know you can "hide" songs on the iTunes music Library on a computer, at least.

@Flamingr1ft - I saw those J-Pop "covers" as well. I believe they're legal, but they aren't very good. Make sure you look specifically for the artists and not just their songs...
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 12:01:53 PM by Mickeymac92 »

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes