Bless us with blood.

Yggdrasil

• Loathed by Six Heretics
  • Banninated
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodborne
« Reply #106 on: August 04, 2015, 07:23:38 PM »

HUNTER 1/6 Scale Statue / Puddle of Blood Ver. by Gecco

All the details are in their respective links.

Towns Car Marty

• i'm sorry in advance
  • RPGFan's Resident Dirtbag
    • View Profile
    • MisanthroPop
« Reply #107 on: September 15, 2015, 07:11:42 AM »
Expansion The Old Hunters drops in Japan this November. Who's pumped?
how's my posting? call 1-800-pee-pee-poo-poo

ZeronHitaro

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 20, 2015, 08:52:56 PM »
So...why does no one ever mention how mind numbingly terrible the healing/re-try mechanics are in this game?

Blood Packs pretty much vanish from drops once you down Father Gassy and currently cost about 7200 Blood for a full refill. So anytime you want to try learning a boss you have to take a 15 minute grinding break (due to the convoluted paths between way too distant checkpoints) between every major attempt; completely wrecking the learning opportunity. (Not even counting if you need more Quicksilver Bullets.)

It's like they took everything good about the Souls Flasks, chucked it out, and magnified all the bad. XP

Am I missing something here? Because this is pretty much a deal breaker for me at the moment.

bigdeath

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 20, 2015, 10:33:18 PM »
So...why does no one ever mention how mind numbingly terrible the healing/re-try mechanics are in this game?

Blood Packs pretty much vanish from drops once you down Father Gassy and currently cost about 7200 Blood for a full refill. So anytime you want to try learning a boss you have to take a 15 minute grinding break (due to the convoluted paths between way too distant checkpoints) between every major attempt; completely wrecking the learning opportunity. (Not even counting if you need more Quicksilver Bullets.)

It's like they took everything good about the Souls Flasks, chucked it out, and magnified all the bad. XP

Am I missing something here? Because this is pretty much a deal breaker for me at the moment.

Rejoice since Dark Souls 3 has the glorious return of the estus flask!

I think most players don't complain about because they grind all day every day. Its what you do in this game as a long term player.

Towns Car Marty

• i'm sorry in advance
  • RPGFan's Resident Dirtbag
    • View Profile
    • MisanthroPop
« Reply #110 on: September 21, 2015, 01:59:31 PM »
Really? In my playthrough, the world was filled with blood packs up until defeating Rom and entering Yahar'gul. I had over 100 in storage. Admittedly I did have to go grind for them during the endgame, but I had pretty good luck up til then.
how's my posting? call 1-800-pee-pee-poo-poo

Klyde Chroma

• LVL. 99 - Midnight Crusader
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 23, 2015, 06:39:21 PM »

If you don't feel like typical grinding for health items you should amass quite a stock going through random low level chalice dungeons. Bonus: You will get necessary resources to advance and create more dungeons in the future whilst stockpiling vials.  In other words, you would eventually HAVE TO do this anyways.

Otherwise, I'd hardly call stocking up on expendables a "grind" per se' if you choose to start in central Yahrnam and carve a path to the lamp on the bridge (where you fought the beast). Doing so without utilizing any resources should be cake even early on and yield 10 healing vials or better. Seeing as how it only takes a few minutes, an hours worth of this activity should net you a marginal cushion of "dies and retries" come boss time.

EDIT: I should also mention that each area sort of whores out particular item drops. Don't get discouraged at an area that is scarce in a resource you want because eventually just about everything is accessible in abundance. Additionally, in no time 7200 echoes is only a few quick kills completely negating your gripe altogether.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 06:46:23 PM by Klyde Chroma »
I am more a battlefield than a Ninja.

Yggdrasil

• Loathed by Six Heretics
  • Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 25, 2015, 05:58:34 PM »

"We were originally planning on doing two sets of DLC," Masaaki Yamagiwa, Sony Japan's producer for Bloodborne, told Eurogamer at Tokyo Game Show. "It was decided that with one set, we'd be able to do more with it, and have more volume for players to play with. As of right now, we have no plans for any more DLC." -- Eurogamer

Isjaki

• Kind of An Alchemist
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 02, 2015, 12:30:22 AM »
I finished The Old Hunters expansion tonight, and man was that brutal. I started a new character to play through the dlc. I played until I was able to enter the expansion area and got wrecked within a minute. I tried a few more times and realized that I was too under leveled. So, I swiftly blazed through the story and killed the optional bosses. I was about blood level 88 at this time and I cruised through the expansion until the first boss and got wrecked. I eventually got him and had little trouble throughout the rest of the expansion until I got to the final boss which took me like 20 tries. It was so satisfying when I finally beat it, because you can't really cheese it. It takes quite a bit of skill to get down its moves and how to dodge them.

Overall, I loved this expansion to death (haha). Extremely satisfying addition to my favorite game of this year.