Author Topic: Bloodborne

Blace

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodborne
« Reply #90 on: April 18, 2015, 11:46:28 AM »
Super annoyed because I wanted to get the platinum in one playthrough, but I missed a quest to get one of the three umbilical cords for the true ending and apparently killed another person before I was supposed to and locked myself out of another umbilical cord. You have to have three and I have two, so I now have to play through the entire game in NG+ in order to get the "true" ending and the final trophy I'm going to need once I get done with the chalice dungeons. So infuriating.

FallenGrace

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 19, 2015, 05:35:38 AM »
Super annoyed because I wanted to get the platinum in one playthrough, but I missed a quest to get one of the three umbilical cords for the true ending and apparently killed another person before I was supposed to and locked myself out of another umbilical cord. You have to have three and I have two, so I now have to play through the entire game in NG+ in order to get the "true" ending and the final trophy I'm going to need once I get done with the chalice dungeons. So infuriating.
Ha that sucks. I locked myself out of one before I knew about it but got the other three. I'm just missing the Chalice dungeon trophy. Been working through it steadily, just two more chalices to go.

bigdeath

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 19, 2015, 11:08:08 PM »
Why do people keep calling the umbilical cord ending the true ending? It just an alternative secret ending and its not even a good one.

Blace

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 20, 2015, 09:47:09 AM »
Why do people keep calling the umbilical cord ending the true ending? It just an alternative secret ending and its not even a good one.

I guess that's just what I read. Which ending do you think is the true ending? I've got the other two, but not the umbilical cord one.

bigdeath

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 20, 2015, 01:50:14 PM »
Theres no true ending. Souls games are more choose your own adventure. The ending you choose and the order you beat the game in is up to you. Though, obviously, I prefer the ending where you wake up from the hunters dream. The other endings remind me of bad endings from  games like silent hill. Though in this case, they do serve to expand the lore of the game.

PaleRobbie

• Podcast Host
  • Administrator
  • Fear the old blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 23, 2015, 09:29:58 AM »
Today's patch dropped the loading times a bit and added item descriptions during loading screens. 

Fear the old blood. 

Blace

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 23, 2015, 10:41:01 AM »
Today's patch dropped the loading times a bit and added item descriptions during loading screens. 

Fear the old blood. 

Too bad I already beat it so it doesn't matter! haha still nice for people who haven't gotten to it yet.

bigdeath

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 28, 2015, 09:01:33 PM »
But you can always beat the game again..........and again, and again......you get my point. :P

kofvscapcom

• Rereveagence
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 28, 2015, 10:58:35 PM »
if you only kill the bosses you need to end the game for ng plus, the second run only takes like 2 or so hours. I just killed the chalice boss and just missing the ending trophies for platinum.
Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.

timmyFd

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 28, 2015, 11:10:47 PM »
Why do people keep calling the umbilical cord ending the true ending?

For someone who hasn't played the game at all, this is a very weird sentence

bigdeath

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 29, 2015, 01:31:15 PM »
LOL, don't worry. Its a very weird game that only gets crazier the further into the story you go. lol

DrGonzo

• View Profile
    • Experimental Gonzo Art
« Reply #101 on: May 02, 2015, 08:28:16 PM »
I'm like 25 hours into the game and I have yet to have the chime bell and resonant bell that lets you invade other people and help others. Is there a boss where I have to beat to get those items?

PaleRobbie

• Podcast Host
  • Administrator
  • Fear the old blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 02, 2015, 08:46:25 PM »
You need 10 insight and then you can buy them from the shop right outside of the house in the Hunter's Dream.  It's on the second level right outside the window.

Be sure to ask if you have any other questions! 

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 10, 2015, 10:56:04 PM »
http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2015/3497.html

Just want to mention that when I saw the title I nearly had a heart attack. I thought you were talking about Elder Scrolls-style level scaling, where the enemies stay around your level as you gain experience...I was gonna rip out my copy from its still-sealed packaging ans scrable to try to beat it in two days. =P

But yeah, scaling for MP stuff sounds nice.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

bigdeath

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 10, 2015, 11:38:31 PM »
Yeah, thats a pretty misleading news title. Its almost trolling. lol