Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2014, 06:31:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331878 Posts in 13590 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Blizzard nerfed blood elf females :(
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Blizzard nerfed blood elf females :(  (Read 2970 times)
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« on: November 18, 2006, 12:09:08 PM »

Much like the males, Blizzard came up with a change to the female model.  Unlike the male model change, this one was just plain horribly done imho and totally ruins the unique flavor of the gender.

The old look:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v611/ryos/oldstanceys4.jpg

The new look:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v611/ryos/bestance1wy4.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v611/ryos/bestance2tj5.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v611/ryos/bestance3ny8.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v611/ryos/bestance4rw1.jpg

as well as new idle animations:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v611/ryos/belfpicnails1ap1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v611/ryos/bepicnails2np5.jpg

GD it Blizzard, they finally made an awesome and innovative female design and then they toss it out to make them practical clones of the night elf females.  Great.  Fantastic.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 04:44:39 PM »

I dunno, maybe its just me, but I dont see a huge difference...?

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006, 05:10:03 PM »

If you spot any difference at all, you see more of a difference than I do. :P

Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2006, 05:27:10 PM »

See, the reason we can't see the difference is that we don't oggle and use the characters as masturbation material. Go go Ryos.

Edit:Seriously..I just opened the "old" and the "new" and switched back and forth between then, but i see no difference. People need to stop whining. This is the reason I don't go to the WoW forums.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2006, 10:37:30 PM »

My only complaint is I can't choose one at this point in time so I end up with a ugly orc warlock instead of a hot elf :P
Logick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2006, 10:43:21 PM »

umm what changed?

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X
Lyonaz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2006, 02:13:03 AM »

Yeah, can't really see the difference, but they still look sexy as hell!
Rolling a female bloodelf Paladin is the first thing I'll do when I've installed TBC.
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2006, 01:32:08 PM »

Quote from: "Lyonaz"
Rolling a female bloodelf Paladin is the first thing I'll do when I've installed TBC.

Ditto.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2006, 01:57:04 PM »

Quote from: "Daggerstrike"
Edit:Seriously..I just opened the "old" and the "new" and switched back and forth between then, but i see no difference. People need to stop whining. This is the reason I don't go to the WoW forums.

QFT.  The WoW forums make me lose faith in humanity every time I read it.

I don't really see a difference either.  Are you talking about the way they look when they stand?  If so who cares.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2006, 02:51:34 PM »

Quote from: "Akanbe-"
Quote from: "Daggerstrike"

QFT.  The WoW forums make me lose faith in humanity every time I read it.

I don't really see a difference either.  Are you talking about the way they look when they stand?  If so who cares.

Whiny little fanboy bitches care. That's who.

I am so fucking tired of people going off about the game, or any MMO, anytime something gets changed and they don't like it. Don't like it? Don't fucking play. Seriously. They change stuff for a reason, typically because the silent majority actually wants it changed OR the developer/producer/artist just doesn't like it. Guess what? They make the game. Deal with it.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2006, 03:34:28 PM »

Yeah.

I have a feeling once the expansion comes out, whining will be at an all-time high on the forums.  A lot of change happening.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2006, 07:59:57 PM »

Quote from: "Logick"
umm what changed?

Different angle.  Some praise it because they no longer have the sharp tilt they had in the old model, but to me it really knocks their badassness down a notch.

The new idle animation just makes me sad because it makes them look even more airheaded than their voice.

My main problem with the model change is there are plenty of "sexy" female models in WoW.  I didn't want that in BE.  What Blizzard had in the old model was plenty of attitude, something sorely lacking in other models (female or otherwise).  Now, well, they're just another pretty face.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2006, 08:57:12 PM »

Quote from: "Ryos"
Quote from: "Logick"
umm what changed?

Different angle.  Some praise it because they no longer have the sharp tilt they had in the old model, but to me it really knocks their badassness down a notch.

The new idle animation just makes me sad because it makes them look even more airheaded than their voice.

My main problem with the model change is there are plenty of "sexy" female models in WoW.  I didn't want that in BE.  What Blizzard had in the old model was plenty of attitude, something sorely lacking in other models (female or otherwise).  Now, well, they're just another pretty face.

You are very very sad. Very sad.

Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2006, 09:07:39 PM »

Well, you gotta remember, one, this is a company, they make games cause they enjoy it, but they also do it because they "Wanna make the big bling blang."

Obviously, they changed it because the public, or whatever demographic/research/etc said thats what the majority of people wanted.  And with a MMORPG, you need to look at the majority, not the minority.  I realize that sounds very dense but thats how it works.

You can throw in bits and pieces for each minority out there, the pvpers, the instancers, the non instancers, but for the most part, they are going to add what the majority wants.

Sad thing is, people love the sexy, idealized BS.  I mean, the BE females look like stuck up 16 year olds, but they are "sexy" so the male players will like them, and most female players will either pick a male because they dont like the "idealized" look, or they will play it, cause they wanna be "sexy".

Course im not saying this is for every person, everywhere, this is just kind of an overall observance of this kind of thing.  The MMORPG world is alot like the real one, because the players are all real people, so you have to kinda realize the BS in rl that most companies use, is gonna be incorporated into something that simulates a real world, although one fantastic or otherwise.

Anywho...maybe that made sense, maybe it didnt, just trying to put my view out there, plus, like most intelligent folk say "You dont like the changes, dont play.  If your still playing, then obviously it isnt bad enough to whine about"

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: