Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 11:41:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327332 Posts in 13403 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Destiny
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Destiny  (Read 1059 times)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 14, 2014, 08:15:24 PM »

So I got alpha access...

HOLY SHIT THIS GAME IS AWESOME.

Seriously, borderlands meets mass effect plus halo. I love it so far, and I gotta say the release can not get here faster. I can't wait to rock this game for real.

TASTY!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 05:41:26 PM »

Something quick just for anyone around this parts that cares about Destiny:

"As an added bonus for PlayStation platforms, the Destiny Expansion pass will also include additional exclusive content for Expansion I and II that will remain exclusive until at least Fall of 2015."

(*)
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 08:25:59 PM »

Yeah, I loved the alpha. Definitely picking up the game.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 06:21:34 AM »

Meh, I'll wait for the pre release hype train to slow down before I get too excited about this. Looking at Titanfall and the crazy amount of hype that got, followed by the astonishing vanishing act not long after release. Heck, I had to type "game about mechs" into wikipedia just to remember what it was called.

NOW PLAYING:
Hearthstone: I don't like card games, and yet I enjoy this.
Chaos on Deponia: Beat the first one, went straight for the second one, that says a lot.
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin: Seems ok, has mouse issues.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 06:42:31 AM »

Meh, I'll wait for the pre release hype train to slow down before I get too excited about this. Looking at Titanfall and the crazy amount of hype that got, followed by the astonishing vanishing act not long after release. Heck, I had to type "game about mechs" into wikipedia just to remember what it was called.
Titanfall is still doing very well....idk where you're hanging out to be comoletely oblivious to it aside from sony-preferred areas.

Regardless, you should be hyped. The game is phenomenal based off its alpha test I played. Huge areas, great designs, awesome gameplay...this is what games ought to aspire to be (not necessarily just shooters, all games in general). I despise activision but this game needs to become a new standard.

TASTY!
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 06:57:11 AM »

Titanfall is still doing very well....idk where you're hanging out to be comoletely oblivious to it aside from sony-preferred areas.

I get my gaming news mostly from Youtube and well...this site actually. To make it even more amusing I'm currently primarily a PC gamer and play quite a bit of, maybe even mostly, FPS. So I will admits that it's  rather odd that Titanfall fell off my radar if its doing as well as you claim it does. Then again, I was never all that interested in it in the first place seeing as I was mostly focused on Natural Selection 2 as far as multiplayer shooters went. Still not very excited about Destiny though, I just recently quit NS2 and though it caused me a boatload of frustration it was still the best multiplayer shooter I played since NS1. It's going to take one heck of a game to fill its shoes, but I'll probably give Destiny a try once its out, just to see what all the fuss is about.

Just looked it up on Wiki for giggles (slow day) and it's apparently a console only release. Unless this thing gets a decent PC port or has keyboard and mouse support added for consoles (which I doubt because it would screw over players on pads) then I'll probably give it a miss. I love the pad for a lot of games, but they just don't work that well with shooters.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 07:53:56 AM by Maxximum » Logged

NOW PLAYING:
Chaos on Deponia: Beat the first one, went straight for the second one, that says a lot.
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2014, 09:52:28 AM »

I'm in the same category, Max.  Really bummed there's no PC release.  I've been playing mouse and keyboard for nearly six years now, and there's just no going back for me.  I'll probably still pick up Destiny (going to need something to play on my PS4 when I buy it at the end of the summer) but I'd rather have it on my PC.  Maybe that Steam database listing that surfaced a few months ago will lead to something...
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2014, 10:32:18 AM »

I work at Gamestop, and all of our regular customers who bought Titanfall have since traded it in.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2014, 02:22:22 PM »

After a while it would be strange if no PC version is released, is a matter of when is gonna happen as far as I'm concerned.
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2014, 04:03:38 AM »

After a while it would be strange if no PC version is released, is a matter of when is gonna happen as far as I'm concerned.

Microsoft is involved, so I would be very surprised if it didn't get ported over to a Windows machine eventually. Problem is, that we all know how bad PC ports can be. If it ever does make it over to the good old PC, I'll probably give it a shake.

NOW PLAYING:
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2014, 10:23:05 AM »

Microsoft isn't really involved at all. If they were, Sony wouldn't have managed to get all the timed exclusives and whatnot. That being said, I also wouldn't be surprised to eventually see a PC version after the game has had enough time to move some consoles.

(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2014, 10:33:48 PM »

If anyone wants to rock the Beta together on PS4, hit me up. PSN: Virtus11
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2014, 09:39:38 AM »

If anyone wants their own beta code (as in, not assigned to a system yet) I have an extra one to give away.

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2014, 11:11:38 AM »

If anyone wants their own beta code (as in, not assigned to a system yet) I have an extra one to give away.

I'd be happy to take it off your hands for PS4 :D

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2014, 12:42:31 PM »

Just sent you a PM :)

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: