Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2014, 01:40:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331554 Posts in 13574 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Worst RPG you've ever played.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Print
Author Topic: Worst RPG you've ever played.  (Read 29150 times)
Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« on: November 18, 2006, 10:33:48 PM »

For me, it's easily Fatal Labyrinth for the Sega Genesis. Random uninspired dungeons, no point but to make more money in the dungeon to buy a better casket when you die. Also, Quest 64 and Virtual hydlide for the Saturn were pretty horrid.
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 11:00:36 PM »

This topic has happened a million times in ten thousand different message boards.

People can usually dig up some extremely old and obscure RPG and say "yup, this is THE worst one."

I don't know about ALL time, but I will say that in my opinion, the worst RPG of 2006 (released in the US) was without a doubt Deep Labyrinth for Nintendo DS. Outside of the handheld world, I'd turn to Metal Saga. (our sites grades do, for once, reflect my opinion on the matter).

Ramza

JetEnduro

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006, 11:02:34 PM »

hmm... I know this is going to sound really geeky but there hasn't really been an RPG I haven't liked or enjoyed at least a little bit. :p

Well actually now that I think about it, I didn't really like that Phantasy Star Collection for the GBA. I bought it a few months ago at Gamecrazy and after two days of it, I returned it. I mean I like Old School RPG's but there was just something about that game that I just didn't like.
Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2006, 11:14:49 PM »

Quote from: JetEnduro
hmm... I know this is going to sound really geeky but there hasn't really been an RPG I haven't liked or enjoyed at least a little bit. :p

Well actually now that I think about it, I didn't really like that Phantasy Star Collection for the GBA. I bought it a few months ago at Gamecrazy and after two days of it, I returned it. I mean I like Old School RPG's but there was just something about that game that I just didn't like.[/quotI was actually going to pick up this collection sooner or later. What didn't you like about it? Old school graphics? Didn't this just Have Phantasy Star 1,2 and 3 on it? Or maybe just 2 and 3? Kinda a bummer 'cuz the only old PS I haven't played is 4, and that's not on there.
Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2006, 12:24:35 AM »

Lunar: Dragon Song.

Hands down. Worst RPG I've played in the last couple of years.

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2006, 12:35:30 AM »

While I wouldn't call it the worst, since it isn't horribly flawed or anything, I have yet to find an RPG that I've gotten less enjoyment out of than Lunar 2.  If you think my endless harping on the suckitude of Xenosaga is bad, be glad you didn't know me back then. :P

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2006, 01:19:56 AM »

Britton: Just go snag the Genesis Collection for PS2 or PSP.  It's got 2/3/4 on it instead of 1/2/3.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Professor Gast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2006, 05:29:20 AM »

It's a tie between Lunar Silver Star Story Complete, Star Ocean The Second Story, and Legend of Legaia.
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2006, 05:30:38 AM »

I'd probably say that Evolution something or other game on the Dreamcast. Boy did that thing suck.
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2006, 05:39:08 AM »

Final Fantasy VIII. That can fucking burn.
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2006, 09:27:43 AM »

Quote from: "Britton"
Fatal Labyrinth

What are you talking about, Fatal Labyrinth was great, I'LL FUCKING STAB YOU.

And Star Ocean II and PSC and Lunar II are also great, YOU ARE ALL GONNA GET STABBED.

I'll just say Legend of Legaia as it was the only RPG in a very long time I have actually sold after finishing.

Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2006, 09:52:31 AM »

Quote from: "KeeperX"
Britton: Just go snag the Genesis Collection for PS2 or PSP.  It's got 2/3/4 on it instead of 1/2/3.

I didn't even know these existed. Well, I know there's a bunch of these collections out, but didn't know there was one that had PS 2,3 and 4 on it. Thanks!
arizlaan

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2006, 10:43:34 AM »

MS sage ...PS2.. There is no pont of playing it at all....................:P

god is god
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2006, 10:51:47 AM »

In terms of games that I played to the end (and tried to like): Radiata Stories

Incompleted for just sucking and not worth giving chances: Rune (that GC RPG with the girl on the cover...I can't believe they even made a sequel)

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
CarpeNoctumXIII
Banninated

CarpeNoctumXIII
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2006, 10:55:23 AM »

Hmmm....there's a few, but Legend of Lagaia and Alundra 2 are two games that pop up in my head. Oh, and this might not even count, but Orphen was pretty fucking bad too....yuck. Funny thing is, a lot of people that know me personally think I'm a Final Fantasy hater, but now that I think about it, there really isn't a FF game I haven't enjoyed at least a little bit(well, except maybe FFII).

--Oh, please. Warping the minds of men and shepherding the masses has always been your Church's domain. You lure sheep with empty miracles and a dead God. ...Or perhaps you, too, are a sheep, Samantha. A poor little lamb, bleating for your faith as though it were milk of the poppy. Yet mark your savior well, for he is one of the demons you so fear, Samantha--
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: