Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 31, 2014, 02:04:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327891 Posts in 13424 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Steam Sale - Crits Wallet for 4.99 Damage
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Steam Sale - Crits Wallet for 4.99 Damage  (Read 536 times)
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2014, 09:32:16 PM »

I'm just hoping Desktop Dungeons gets a daily discount before this is all over.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2014, 09:33:53 PM »

I am really, really trying not to spend too much on games this year.  The only thing I bought on this Steam sale was Far Cry 3 at 75% off.  Might get another thing or two before it ends, but it's unlikely. 

Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2014, 09:37:42 PM »

What's up with these Steam community votes? Ikaruga, Expeditions, Divinity OS all lost. Unbelievable. I'll probably buy this stuff tomorrow and be done with the sale.
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2014, 09:39:32 PM »

All I've bought is Gone Home using money made from selling cards. There's a few other things I'm interested in, but don't really need, and I'm also trying to cut back on how many games I buy. So, we'll see.

DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2014, 07:26:21 AM »

I've only bought The Wolf Among Us, which I've wanted for some time now, and Tomb Raider 2013, an impulse purchase.  Nothing on my wishlist ever seems to go below 50% off.
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2014, 02:57:31 PM »

I am really, really trying not to spend too much on games this year.  The only thing I bought on this Steam sale was Far Cry 3 at 75% off.  Might get another thing or two before it ends, but it's unlikely. 
Ha! Less than 24 hours after I post this I pony up $3 for Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons.  Sometimes I don't mind being wrong.

Marshmallow

OH NO OH NO OH NO

AuroMarshmallow
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2014, 03:59:29 PM »

I bought Shadowrun Returns on a whim, and it was so good that I bought the DLC for it too!

I also picked up The Last Remnant because it was like $2.50 and the PC version is apparently better than the X360 one.

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2014, 05:02:18 PM »

My final purchases are The Night of the Rabbit and I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream. The first one had been on my wishlist for some time and it was 66% off this sale. No daily, but I feel the price I paid is more than fair. The second had been on my list since both a friend and Extra Credits recommended it. 50% off isn't spectacular, but the game was only 6 to begin with, so what the heck...

In the end I got 8 games for slightly less than 33. I'm happy with my haul. Should be enough to keep me occupied until the winter sales :D
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2014, 12:50:44 AM »

Added a few more games, thus totaling:

- Bleed
- Goat Simulator
- Secrets of Raetikon
- Card City Nights
- A 360
- Saints Row 3
- Red Dead Redemption
- Bayonetta
- Batman City
- Radiant Silvergun
- Like 30 Vitamin Waters
- Vitamin Brownies
- Organic frozen pancakes
- Coffee Juice
- Maple water
- A couple bottles of moxie
- Regret
- Longing
- The unique sense of unease when I feel both dissociated and incapable of expressing, coherently, the source of my emotional troubles.
-
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 12:53:41 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2014, 02:44:46 AM »

snagged Broken Sword 5. Been waiting to play this one!
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2014, 04:35:06 AM »

I too bought Broken Sword 5.  Still have to play 4.  Anyways I was proud that I didn't go crazy like last year.  I haven't downloaded a single steam game I have purchased (a little over a dozen).  At GOG, I went crazy since the more you buy the cheaper it is.  I have purchased 50 games over the years.  Several of those I have no intention of playing. But I have tried/beaten several of those.  I seriously should only only buy when I have nothing to play.  It is just so hard resisting the sales.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2014, 11:32:15 AM »

I too bought Broken Sword 5.  Still have to play 4.  Anyways I was proud that I didn't go crazy like last year.  I haven't downloaded a single steam game I have purchased (a little over a dozen).  At GOG, I went crazy since the more you buy the cheaper it is.  I have purchased 50 games over the years.  Several of those I have no intention of playing. But I have tried/beaten several of those.  I seriously should only only buy when I have nothing to play.  It is just so hard resisting the sales.

Broken Sword 4 has this crazy thing where if your computer has more than 1 core, which pretty much means all modern computers, the characters turn into black shadows. I recall having to disable some cores prior to playing. Weirdest bug ever, and I don't think they ever got around to fixing it.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2014, 11:20:31 AM »

You need to do that on a lot of old games now.

control + alt + del -> Processes -> right click game exe -> Set affinity -> uncheck other cores

(Names of things may vary a bit since I'm on a French windows right now doing it from memory)
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: