Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2014, 10:00:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331704 Posts in 13581 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Site Related & More
| |-+  RPGFan: The Boards
| | |-+  Shameless advertisment section/sticky thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Shameless advertisment section/sticky thread  (Read 1320 times)
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« on: July 15, 2014, 08:12:38 AM »

Every now and again people come through these boards advertising something, be it their indie game, youtube channel, website etc. Might be nice to have a section to house all of these. It would keep the main sections cleaner while making these topics more accessible to anyone that's actually interested.

NOW PLAYING:
Violette: Charming, clunky, frustrating, rewarding.
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 08:49:03 AM »

Good idea. I think I've shown in the past that I'm not very accepting of the practice myself, but this could be a nice compromise.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 09:00:46 AM »

Not all the advertisement spam we get on the board is legit and or be something we want RPGfan associated with.

Greg (Eusis) goes through new members and can usually spot potential spammers pretty well, with only the odd one coming through. And it's not hard for us to deal with spammers after that.

If you are wanting to advertise something of your own, we generally let people advertise their youtubes/deviantarts/game stores/whatever if they are an active member of the community and they aren't being scammers.

This isn't the official word or anything, I'm just putting my take on it.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 09:20:25 AM »

If you are wanting to advertise something of your own, we generally let people advertise their youtubes/deviantarts/game stores/whatever if they are an active member of the community and they aren't being scammers.

I'm not suggesting something to specifically entice advertising, only somewhere to put it when it pops up.
Whenever someone makes a topic like that in one of the main sections, it tends to make some people rather angry.
This works as a triple negative because it annoys forum regulars, generates negative feedback for the poster that may otherwise have been positive (based on negative emotions adverts tend to bring out when placed somewhere that they don't belong) and acts as minor clutter.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 09:23:35 AM by Maxximum » Logged

NOW PLAYING:
Violette: Charming, clunky, frustrating, rewarding.
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: