Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 09:45:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334630 Posts in 13705 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Fallout 2 Review
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Fallout 2 Review  (Read 609 times)
Back2Basics

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: July 20, 2014, 03:44:24 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJNXOA9ZlUs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallout_2

Fallout 2 is a role-playing open world video game developed by Black Isle Studios and published by Interplay in 1998. While featuring a considerably larger game world and a far more extensive storyline, the graphics and game mechanics from Fallout remain mostly unchanged.

The game's story takes place in 2241, 80 years after the events of Fallout. It tells the story of the original hero's descendant and his or her quest to save their primitive tribe from starvation by finding an ancient environmental restoration machine known as the Garden of Eden Creation Kit (GECK)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2014, 10:03:05 PM »

How have you not been banned yet?

TASTY!
SonicDeathMonkey

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 11:12:36 PM »

fucking lol
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 05:34:57 AM »

Because technically he's not doing anything wrong. This is part of the reason why I think the forum could use a section for posts like this.

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 06:30:01 AM »

Because technically he's not doing anything wrong. This is part of the reason why I think the forum could use a section for posts like this.

Except he is...

From the rules.
Spam
We have two distinct definitions for spam here:

1.  Making a topic that exists only to advertise something.  (whether it's your website, your birthday, etc)
2.  Making a post that has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand.

I personally find this to be the most annoying thing done on the internet.  Hope and pray I'm not the one who catches you if you do this.

I don't know how you can argue that Back2Basics's posts are anything but the first type.  Yes, they are somewhat related to typical RPGFan topics so they're not completely off-topic.  But it's also abundantly clear that Back2Basics doesn't actually participate in any discussions on these forums.  I doubt he even reads them.  Yet he feels the need to make a new topic every time he's got a new Youtube video to advertise.  If that's not spam then what is...

Seriously, I think Agent D's question is legitimate.  Why hasn't he been banned already?

Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2014, 07:46:12 AM »

Don't get me wrong, I don't like it either. That's why I made this thread.
I was vaguely aware of the rule you posted but haven't really seen it enforced in a very long time, at least as far as indie projects that don't appear to be a scam are concerned.
Truth be told, I was actually wondering why the ban hammer didn't come down on him back when he started but have since come to the conclusion that hes not really doing any harm by advertising his channel, especially since he walks the line by starting a discussion that usually gets a post or two on topic, so that's probably another reason why admins let him be.

I'm somewhat less vindictive towards this kind of "spam", because I get that it's not easy getting an audience for your content. I've watched bits and pieces of his videos and while they aren't anything amazing or something I would watch on a regular basis, you have to start somewhere and its obvious that some effort went into creating them.

If you have a channel, you have to find some way of telling people about it, and this seems like the right place for the content on offer.
Long story short, right forum, wrong section.

It does annoy me though...
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 07:56:48 AM by Maxximum » Logged

NOW PLAYING:
Arklight

Know the meaning of Odio.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2014, 10:02:53 AM »

So do we just...talk about Reubens again or something?
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2014, 01:20:01 PM »

It wouldn't be so bad if he posted more than his fucking ad spot, but it's all he does. And I'm fairly sure he's put u0 this same "review" not too long ago. Same as zodiar333 or whatever his name is, they just post the one initial post and never say anything else. It's lame and shouldn't be encouraged. If you want attention you should be making a valiant effort for it, not dropping a half assed link to your video so you can make some cheap cash.

TASTY!
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2014, 02:06:09 PM »

I highly doubt that this is the only forum he puts these links on.
Truth be told I'd rather he did this and nothing else rather than post some random +1 LOL, ROTFL and "me too" posts just so he (and anyone else going down that path) can "legitimize" his forum presence.
On a side note, his views are woeful at the moment. Even if he is monetizing, it's highly unlikely he made even a dollar on this particular video (and probably any other video hes done for that matter) so no worries there if for some reason it bothers you.

I say, leave it up to the admins.
Heck, maybe even make a poll about advertising to see how many people on these forums actually care.
Personally, I don't like it, but I won't be losing any sleep over the matter.

NOW PLAYING:
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2014, 02:30:23 PM »

He didn't even write his post.

His post is a link to his Youtube, a link to Wikipedia and a quote from Wikipedia.

BURN THE WITCH!
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2014, 02:36:32 PM »

I stand by what I said, if this dude made an effort to become a member of the forum and talk with us, I might be half enticed to make an attempt and watch his videos. But the copy/paste nature of what he puts here is lame and I don't personally care for it. Given how laid back I am I can only assume how many other people here find this to be annoying as hell.

TASTY!
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2014, 02:49:40 PM »

BURN THE WITCH!

Does he weigh the same as a duck?

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2014, 04:05:12 PM »

Speaking of policy: The rules also state that policing the forums is up to the moderators/admins and no one else. Perhaps it's best if we just leave this matter up to the mods (you know, by hitting the report button), as Maxximum has been trying to say, and move on? After all, even negative attention could be enough to give the guy more views than he deserves...

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: