Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 08:22:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334628 Posts in 13705 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Sunrider: First Arrival
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Sunrider: First Arrival  (Read 517 times)
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« on: July 21, 2014, 07:27:44 PM »

Have anyone else seen this game called Sunrider: First Arrival on Steam ?

Basically it's a Visual novel mixed with Strategy RPG. The scenario is something of a space opera where you are the captain of a spaceship on the run from some tyrants of the galaxy and along the way you recruit new people to your crew and makes choices along the way.

After having played two hours I must admit I'm pretty impressed. The characters I've met, even if stereotypes, are interesting. The music is excellent, I can't stress how much I enjoy it, it really helps setting the mood of the game.
Oh, and the best part, it's completely free, no microtransactions, no catches. From the little I've looked into, it's a successful kickstarter that made this possible.

So, I highly recommend this for both SRPG fans and Visual Novel fans alike. There's even a "Visual Novel" difficulty level for those that just want to enjoy the story, because I heard this game gets really hard on normal.

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 07:57:33 PM »

I just started watching the video on Youtube and I'm really puzzled how the FPS can be so bad whenever something moves when the graphics are bare minimum...
Reminds me of the stuff we have where I work where it's programmed so atrociously, it needs 6 linked graphic cards to render 2D.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 08:29:55 PM by Annubis » Logged
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 03:53:20 PM »

Reminds me of the stuff we have where I work where it's programmed so atrociously, it needs 6 linked graphic cards to render 2D.

I'm actually kind of worried my laptop will have trouble running this game.

Oh well, it's free. Worst case scenario it'll cost me a minute or two to uninstall it.
kkhohoho

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 10:45:23 PM »

I'm actually kind of worried my laptop will have trouble running this game.

Oh well, it's free. Worst case scenario it'll cost me a minute or two to uninstall it.

Same here, though I don't know if I'd play it anyway. The reasons it's free it's because it's an unfinished beta; the game, story included, is only partway done. Though putting that aside, I'm not sure I could play it even if I wanted to. (That said, I do think it looks promising. I just might like to wait until it's finished, is all. Though of course, by then it might not be free...)
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2014, 05:00:04 AM »

Hey, nowadays free betas/super long demos are not something I take for granted. Plenty of developers out there who charge people $20+ to get early access. I'd much rather check the game out for free and decide if I want to buy it or not after the full product is actually available.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014, 09:08:42 AM »

On my pc it runs fine. Granted, I recommended it to a friend and like you guys feared his laptop couldn't handle the game, not because of slowdown but somehow he could not see the ships during battles.

From what I've seen, although I may be mistaken, the developers said the game was meant to be free all the way.
They are still patching some stuff but as far as it goes it is complete, at least as far as their initial goal of completion was. So even if it has a hook for a sequel, it should have an ending of its own.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: